Windows 10: Inexplicable Reboot: no logs anywhere

Discus and support Inexplicable Reboot: no logs anywhere in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; -- Windows version 1909 (OS Build 18363.959) SO. yeah. as the title says, my win10 is arbitrarily rebooting, this has happened multiple times. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thornstromb, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Inexplicable Reboot: no logs anywhere

-- Windows version 1909 (OS Build 18363.959)

SO. yeah. as the title says, my win10 is arbitrarily rebooting, this has happened multiple times. There are NO crash logs anywhere, neither Event Viewer nor Reliability Monitor find anything, even after activating higher levels of logging via various measures found online. The restart is instantaneous, going straight from fully operational to boot screen without any error screen whatsoever. no suspicious application crashes are logged, no hardware alerts are logged either.

Id initially suspect my PSU, but said PSU is relatively new (about 2 years), and not only does room heat have no observable impact on the crash ratio, but the rebooting only seems to happen within the first 10 minutes or so from boot time: if my computer makes it past that window without rebooting then it does not have any risk of doing it until next reboot attempt. This un-suggests power failure issues, which generally become *more* likely to trigger the longer the PC is left running.

It could be a virus, but the intermittent nature of the problem and the general reliability of avast combined with multiple extant firewalls seems to make that unlikely. As an aside, occasionally this issue occurs two times in a row. no idea why.

yeah, its a 10 year old PC, but i don't have the monetary wherewithal to do a full replace unless its absolutely necessary. The model number of my system in profile is basically exactly what i am running save for the replacement PSU, which was needed to add the graphics card.
    Hopefully someone has an idea for how to track down the issue?

:)

Thornstromb, Jul 18, 2020
  2. Terrypin Win User

Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

Inexplicable Reboot: no logs anywhere [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

Inexplicable Reboot: no logs anywhere [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Random Reboots

I've had, as the title suggests, random reboots for the length of the time since I've built my computer (2 years roughly) and they're completely inexplicable.

It happens under no load, high load, watching movies, listening to music, playing games, browsing the web, sitting by itself in the room when the my sleeping monitor is even saying WTF?!

There aren't any Events to view other than the usual 0xC*D event when the service just shrugs at me.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Maybe someone has had the same problem before and it was just a loose molex connection? I'm baffled.

xstayxtruex, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Inexplicable Reboot: no logs anywhere

Dish Anywhere - Receiver Offline

I have tried multiple times to connect Dish Anywhere from my Windows 10 Microsoft Surface. It works on my IPAD and Kindle - but not the Surface. The error is "Receiver Offline". I have followed the steps to reset the Hopper w/Sling and the Internet
    Router without success. There is no Dish Anywhere app for Windows, simply go to Dish and log in. Any suggestions?

KarenKing5, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Inexplicable Reboot: no logs anywhere

1. Inexplicable Reboot: no logs anywhere - Similar Threads - Inexplicable Reboot logs

2. random inexplicable behaviour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random inexplicable behaviour: recently about a week or so ago an update was forced on me now I am experienceing multiple random inexplicable behaviour i.e I cannot discern any firm pattern except to suspect the gesktop feature which it seems you are forced or is automatically used. The first inkling was...
  3. random inexplicable behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random inexplicable behaviour: recently about a week or so ago an update was forced on me now I am experienceing multiple random inexplicable behaviour i.e I cannot discern any firm pattern except to suspect the gesktop feature which it seems you are forced or is automatically used. The first inkling was...
  4. random inexplicable behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Inexplicable bluescreens.

Inexplicable bluescreens.: Hello, recently I have been getting Blue Screens of Death a little while after I installed the Ducky keyboard software from their website here https://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/support. After that I started randomly getting blue screens that said either "Memory_Managment and...
  6. Router Disconnecting Inexplicably

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router Disconnecting Inexplicably: Recently my (NETGEAR) router just started disconnecting on its own. After a few minutes, it reconnects. I know it's the router, and not the ISP/cable modem. I have owned my own modem and separate router for years, and when the ISP (Comcast) disconnects, I am still able to...
  7. Inexplicable Storage usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inexplicable Storage usage: I noticed that my 1TB HDD was becoming alarmingly filled up. A short time ago, it was down to 80Gb free so I started uninstalling all games I wasn't playing. I even went through and uninstalled old programs I never use anymore in the Apps and Features. This brought my...
  8. Inexplicable BSoD

Inexplicable BSoD: Dear Community! I have a gaming laptop (ASUS ROG Strix GL503VS-EI005T) and recently (about maybe from january...) I'm experiencing a lots of BSoDs. The weird thing is: they happen only when I don't use my computer... When I'm using it, (playing, working, anything) it looks...
  9. Windows 10 - Inexplicable reboot to a 2012 version of C

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Inexplicable reboot to a 2012 version of C: Hi everyone, I had a recent issue with my computer and couldn't find any post on this forum mentioning a similar issue - so I'm posting here for the first time. Please forgive my imprecision. Yesterday my computer froze then displayed a blue screen saying there was an...
  10. Inexplicable restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Inexplicable restarts: I'd be very grateful for some expert help on the following please. I run my PC 24/7. For the last two nights and again today it has restarted inexplicably. I'm trying to discover what caused it. Studying Event logs quickly leaves me wondering how my PC can be working at...