Windows 10: inexplicably can't create a new folder w/ administrator account

Discus and support inexplicably can't create a new folder w/ administrator account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so I've had this problem with my account for a couple of months now, and I can never seem to resolve it even with some information from discussions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thomas Jones_534, Apr 16, 2021.

1. inexplicably can't create a new folder w/ administrator account

so I've had this problem with my account for a couple of months now, and I can never seem to resolve it even with some information from discussions like these:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/88f3fdc5-26fe-42d0-b02e-38288cedf7f8

this bug hasn't been in my computer forever, it's only been active for a few months, well after I had gotten it but it has only recently become irritating to deal with.

every time I tried to scan the computer, they all came back fruitless and all said that it was perfectly fine

here's what it looks like on my administrator account or, the account I made upon receiving it:

inexplicably can't create a new folder w/ administrator account e33e5237-fb87-4df1-96df-4503d5c95bd0?upload=true.png

this also meant that creating a folder was impossible with other means pressing the new folder icon, and using the ctrl+shift+n shortcut both did nothing

then I tried seeing what it looked like when I made and used another account on the computer, because the bugged one was the only one I had on it before it got bugged.

when I went into this new account, it was perfectly fine, and the option of creating folders was perfectly intact.

if anyone knows any specifics about how creating folders works, or if you have a solution I've missed, please let me know

:)

Thomas Jones_534, Apr 16, 2021

2. Unable to change my account type to Administrator and cant create a new account.

Hi Aadil,

I suggest you to activate Default Administrator and try creating a new Account with Administrative privileges. Try the below steps and check if you can create a new Account.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin).

• Type the following command and hit
      Enter:

net user administrator /active:yes

Now, sign out from the current account and you will be able to see a new Administrator account. Sign in to the new Administrator Account and you may create
    a new user account
    with administrative privileges. You can also change the current local user account to Administrator Account. Follow the below steps to change the current local user account to Administrator Account.

• Begin by right-clicking the
      Start Icon of Windows, then click Control Panel.

• Then under User Accounts and Family Safety, click
      Change Account Type.

• Then choose the account you wish to change, and double-click it.

• Then click on Change Account Type.

• Then choose the Account Type you want the user to be, you can choose between Standard and Administrator.

• Click on Change Account Type.

After creating the new user account or changing the current account to Administrator Account, use the following command at the command prompt (as mentioned above) to disable the default administrator account:

net user administrator /active:no

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Apr 16, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

inexplicably can't create a new folder w/ administrator account

deleting administrator account w/o having password

When it asks non-admin accounts for an admin password to authorise something, it routinely suggests the last admin account used. If you click on More choices, you will see a list of admin accounts and you can just select the one you now have access to. The next time the dialog appears it will suggest that as the admin account to use to give permission to proceed.

inexplicably can't create a new folder w/ administrator account [​IMG]

Once you have done this and seen it all working, you can either delete her old account [after having checked her user folders to make sure there is nothing there you need] or, assuming it is a local account not an MSAccount, just reset her password then put on a new one** so that the account is available as a spare admin.

** Which you should write down.

Denis

Thema:

inexplicably can't create a new folder w/ administrator account

1. inexplicably can't create a new folder w/ administrator account - Similar Threads - inexplicably can't create

2. Administrator permission to create new folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator permission to create new folder.: Its showing a dialog box every time i am creating a new folder. But it does not pop when i create new folder in already existing folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission-to-create-new-folder/23c695bf-e959-4486-827d-200d3dc1aab8
  3. Administrator permission to create new folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator permission to create new folder.: Its showing a dialog box every time i am creating a new folder. But it does not pop when i create new folder in already existing folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission-to-create-new-folder/23c695bf-e959-4486-827d-200d3dc1aab8
  4. Can't create new folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create new folders.: Creating new folders isn't working since I tried to change my default folders icon using this tutorial.Now everytime I create a folder I am getting this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-new-folders/5d2267e0-43a2-4a61-9f06-81ce4300476a
  5. Can't create new folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't create new folders.: Creating new folders isn't working since I tried to change my default folders icon using this tutorial.Now everytime I create a folder I am getting this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-new-folders/5d2267e0-43a2-4a61-9f06-81ce4300476a
  6. Can't create new folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Can't create new folder

Can't create new folder: When I right click on the desktop or inside a folder the option to create a new folder does not appear, also, when clicking on the "new folder" button on the file explorer or pressing ctrl+shift+n nothing happens. The only way for me to create a new folder at this point is...
  8. Can't create new folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't create new folder: [ATTACH] Suddenly noticed that I'm unable to create new folder in windows 10. Even ctrl+shift+n doesn't work or the new folder button in task bar. Also I checked HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers and the correct New folder was there with...
  9. Can't create new folders.

Can't create new folders.: Why can't I create new folders every time I try explorer hangs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-new-folders/694f88bd-3ab3-4410-ae2a-25841a78952f"
  10. Can't create a new folder

Can't create a new folder: Why is it that, since the latest update, I am no longer able to create a new folder. I am working on an ASUS laptop with plenty of storage & RAM. I bring up 'new' & nothing happens then I am told file explorer is not responding....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mac admin cant create new folder