Windows 10: Infected computer stuck on updating screen

Discus and support Infected computer stuck on updating screen in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Windows 8 (I believe) had been infected with viruses such as PUPs and AVG Antivirus. It is currently stuck on the updating screen. Please help me!!!... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LiamBiskamp, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Infected computer stuck on updating screen

My Windows 8 (I believe) had been infected with viruses such as PUPs and AVG Antivirus. It is currently stuck on the updating screen. Please help me!!!

:)

LiamBiskamp, Feb 7, 2019

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 7, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Feb 7, 2019
  4. bruinator Win User

Infected computer stuck on updating screen

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Infected computer stuck on updating screen

1. Infected computer stuck on updating screen - Similar Threads - Infected computer stuck

2. Computer is stuck on restarting screen after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is stuck on restarting screen after update: Yesterday My computer got updated after I plugged it in and now it’s on a loop with the restarting screenIt always shows the restarting screen, turns off, loads again and it shows the restarting screen, I tried booting safe mode by pressing f8 but it wont workPlease help...
  3. Computer is stuck on restarting screen after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is stuck on restarting screen after update: Yesterday My computer got updated after I plugged it in and now it’s on a loop with the restarting screenIt always shows the restarting screen, turns off, loads again and it shows the restarting screen, I tried booting safe mode by pressing f8 but it wont workPlease help...
  4. Infected computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infected computer: My Windows Apps are infected by spyware. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/infected-computer/b212b029-7987-4bbf-a288-3efa16d9e544
  5. Infected computer

Infected computer: My Windows Apps are infected by spyware. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/infected-computer/b212b029-7987-4bbf-a288-3efa16d9e544
  6. Computer is infected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer is infected: So, uh. This is my first time and I’m doing pretty good. Just uh. The infection in task manager won’t allow me to stop or shut it down. I can’t even edit permissions. This malware or virus is from a website called safe windows. I’m curious if it’s ok to turn the computer off....
  7. Computer is infected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is infected: So, uh. This is my first time and I’m doing pretty good. Just uh. The infection in task manager won’t allow me to stop or shut it down. I can’t even edit permissions. This malware or virus is from a website called safe windows. I’m curious if it’s ok to turn the computer off....
  8. Computer is infected

9. Computer Infected.

Computer Infected.: Dear Community, My computer has been acting very strange in the last one or two weeks. Most of the time when my computer is opened I hear a sound like connecting a new device to the computer but I'm not doing anything. I tried running Malware Bytes and Avast but...
  10. infected computer

infected computer: can someone help me remove infection from my computer it has ben hacked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/infected-computer/cfefb8d9-ae88-42fa-9495-2bb8c6899963