Windows 10: Infected Web Source

Discus and support Infected Web Source in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Anyone else getting this. Bitdefender is throwing up this alarm every time I click on this web site or any post in this site. Never had this before, so... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by no1yak, Dec 8, 2015.

1. no1yak Win User

Infected Web Source

Anyone else getting this. Bitdefender is throwing up this alarm every time I click on this web site or any post in this site. Never had this before, so it could well be a false positive.

:)

no1yak, Dec 8, 2015

2. Antivirus for 5800

None as the 5800 doesn't need it. There are no viruses that can infect that model.

You cannot pick viruses up whilst general web browsing.

All you need to protect your phone is common sense. Don't accept bluetooth messages from strangers and don't install cracked software or software from unknown sources.

psychomania---01, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Windows Store not launching on Windows 10

It comes through adware which attaches to your web browser. If you buy just about anything online you are vulnerable to spyware adware that infects everything. It seems to me Microsoft disables features at risk, if your proxy settings or Cortina are
    not working that is suspicious. Cortina is a web browser of sorts. Some people feel the spyware cleaners are a form of extortion eliminating adware your virus protection does not recognize. I finally got tired of it bought a spyware cleaner not the brand
    that told me I was infected with a popup. When it gets so bad my web browser tells you that there is an infection of spy adware in my opinion that is extortion, I noted the source and went to a competitor. I doubt India is any worse than the United States
    they want your money, even though the Windows 10 upgrade was free, nothing on the internet is free, they want your money.

RobertGuth, Dec 8, 2015
  4. Infected Web Source

Looks like an ad with some kind of Java infection...

garydexter, Dec 8, 2015
  5. Borg 386 Win User
    Borg 386, Dec 8, 2015
  6. no1yak Win User
    no1yak, Dec 8, 2015
  7. Borg 386 Win User
    Actually, I'd like to revise what I said. Looking into it more, I find that this is apparently a program websites use to comply with the EU cookie law. You can read about the details here, but from what I gather, the sites now have to offer you the choice to accept/reject cookies. This program is a substitute of sorts for a pop up asking permission:

The definitive guide to the Cookie Law - Sitebeam

Docs

Borg 386, Dec 9, 2015
  8. no1yak Win User

Infected Web Source

Thanks for the reply, the alerts have now stopped. Guess it was a false positive from Bitdefender, stopped after their AV update.

no1yak, Dec 9, 2015
  9. Borg 386 Win User
    Glad it was a false alert & nothing more. Sorry about the mix up on post #3.

Funny, people try to find a way around everything. According to this site, they are really trying to sell this little item as a way to keep from scaring off potential customers.

Crazy world ain't it?

Don't forget to mark the thread as solved *Wink

Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Infected Web Source

1. Infected Web Source - Similar Threads - Infected Web Source

2. Infected?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Infected?: Is this a legitimate notice from Microsoft, or is this part of the infection? Is the phone number shown a legitimate phone number for Microsoft? Does this suggest that all of my devices linked to my Microsoft log in are infected? this inquiry is on behalf of my wife, not my...
  3. Open sourced Windows 10 Calculator ported to Web, Android, iOS

in Windows 10 News
    Open sourced Windows 10 Calculator ported to Web, Android, iOS: Microsoft recently open-sourced Windows 10’s built-in Calculator app and published the source code, build system on Github. Microsoft also stated that it wants to work with the community and develop new features for the Calculator app. As the Calculator app has been...
  4. go.normandoh infection

go.normandoh infection: Edge is my default browser and is infected with go.normandoh, which is hijacking my websearches. I have tried Malwarebytes Threat Scan, Norton Power Eraser, AdwCleaner, Hitman Pro, RKill and other tools. Have checked the Extensions. Have uninstalled go.normandoh from my PC...
  5. Advice please, Infected warning in Edge varied web pages, scans clean

Advice please, Infected warning in Edge varied web pages, scans clean: Hi,sorry for such a vague title, but it's such a vague thing that's going on, I use 4 web browsers trying to see what happens, but it only happens in Edge, my entire system is fully updated in every sense, including the latest released programs etc, so here goes. I'm no...
  6. Microsoft Edge Making web better with more open source collaboration

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Making web better with more open source collaboration: For the past few years, Microsoft has meaningfully increased participation in the open source software (OSS) community, becoming one of the world’s largest supporters of OSS projects. Today we’re announcing that we intend to adopt the Chromium open source project in the...
  7. Microsof Edge Making web better through more open source collaboration

in Windows 10 News
    Microsof Edge Making web better through more open source collaboration: For the past few years, Microsoft has meaningfully increased participation in the open source software (OSS) community, becoming one of the world’s largest supporters of OSS projects. Today we’re announcing that we intend to adopt the Chromium open source project in the...
  8. Edge: Making the web better through more open source collaboration

in Windows 10 News
    Edge: Making the web better through more open source collaboration: "For the past few years, Microsoft has meaningfully increased participation in the open source software (OSS) community, becoming one of the world’s largest supporters of OSS projects. Today we’re announcing that we intend to adopt the Chromium open source project in the...
  9. Cant use "find in source code" in page search - Expression Web 4

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant use "find in source code" in page search - Expression Web 4: Hi, I'm using Expression Web 4, for small web projects, and would prefer to continue that program. Suddently I cant use "find in source code" when radio button is set to "Current page" anny more. A week ago it was still working. I supose it has something to do with an...
  10. New Microsoft Edge Test Drive web demos go open-source

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge Test Drive web demos go open-source: We first launched the Internet Explorer Test Drive site in 2010 during the Internet Explorer 9 Preview and regularly added demos through IE10 and IE11 development as a way to help web developers get hands-on with new features and performance improvements that were being added...