Windows 10: Infection? Not Sure

Discus and support Infection? Not Sure in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home x64 2004 19041.388 Laptop issue 15_ce019dx Storage Drive Hitachi Folder of older ripped CD's, some reason the folder names are... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AMDMan2016, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Infection? Not Sure

Windows 10 Home x64 2004 19041.388
    Laptop issue
    15_ce019dx

Storage Drive
    Hitachi

Folder of older ripped CD's, some reason the folder names are changing to ae, ab, bc, etc, and files in there bunch of numbers and then .file

Eset online scan found : Jk.redirector.trojan i think was the name, in C:\Users\AppData\Temp Files area

Ran 2 scans with that so far this evening

Emisoft Emergency Kit

Defender Offline scan

((now scanning other external on main machine with Defender) not hooking up the blue my passport to main machine tonight i don't think, even though deleted the entire music folder ((I have a backup of it on 2 other drives), and deleted it off the Laptops storage drive internally))

Anything else i should do tonight? or save more scans til tomorrow
    I know a full scan on Desktop probably recommended, well do that tonight before i sleep

anything else?

:)

AMDMan2016, Jul 16, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Screen tearing not sure of cause

You posted a lot of information. That isn't a bad thing, but I would say a good chunk of people coming into the thread are going to be put off by it.

What I would suggest is taking the information you have there and short-handing it. People find it more readable to go down through a list of what has occurred and what you've done about it so far.

I'm sure someone will be along to help. That your mobo threw a beep code suggesting memory, and you ran 4 passes on it (MemTest?) without any problems, maybe you're looking at a problem with the mobo.

Again, try and shorthand your post.

OnePostWonder, Jul 16, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

Infection? Not Sure

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Infection? Not Sure

1. Infection? Not Sure - Similar Threads - Infection Sure

2. PC Infected with Persistent Malware Downloading Files Hourly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Infected with Persistent Malware Downloading Files Hourly: Hello Microsoft Community,I'm in a bit of a bind and desperately need your expertise. Two days ago, around 6:30-7:00 PM GMT +8, I mistakenly executed a file I downloaded from the Internet. Only after running it did I realize its malicious intent, evident from a suspicious...
  3. PC Infected with Persistent Malware Downloading Files Hourly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Infected with Persistent Malware Downloading Files Hourly: Hello Microsoft Community,I'm in a bit of a bind and desperately need your expertise. Two days ago, around 6:30-7:00 PM GMT +8, I mistakenly executed a file I downloaded from the Internet. Only after running it did I realize its malicious intent, evident from a suspicious...
  4. TotalAV Virus?? - I'm scared I've been infected for a long time, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TotalAV Virus?? - I'm scared I've been infected for a long time, please help: So like a year or two ago, I was sure I had a virus. I'm pretty naive, and paranoid,and so I wanted to check. I tried scanning with windows own anti-virus, but nothing came up. I searched the internett, and found multiple youtube videos stating "windows didn't detect all the...
  5. TotalAV Virus?? - I'm scared I've been infected for a long time, please help

TotalAV Virus?? - I'm scared I've been infected for a long time, please help: So like a year or two ago, I was sure I had a virus. I'm pretty naive, and paranoid,and so I wanted to check. I tried scanning with windows own anti-virus, but nothing came up. I searched the internett, and found multiple youtube videos stating "windows didn't detect all the...
  6. Microsoft Safety Scanner problem: In the 4th, 5th, 6th scans it finds 3 infected files. and...

Microsoft Safety Scanner problem: In the 4th, 5th, 6th scans it finds 3 infected files. and...: I have full-scanned my computer by using Microsoft Safety Scanner. In the first scan. It has found 9 infected files. In the immediate second scan it found 9 infected files again. In the third one it found 7 files. In the 4th, 5th, 6th scans it found 3 infected files. In the...
  7. Is it possible to make sure all traces of a malware infection have been removed from my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to make sure all traces of a malware infection have been removed from my PC?: Hello, apologies if this isn't the correct place to be asking this, but my question is basically the title; To make a long story short, a friend of mine had their email account compromised, and I, being unaware of this ended up downloading some malicious files I thought were...
  8. Is it possible to make sure all traces of a malware infection have been removed from my PC?

Is it possible to make sure all traces of a malware infection have been removed from my PC?: Hello, apologies if this isn't the correct place to be asking this, but my question is basically the title; To make a long story short, a friend of mine had their email account compromised, and I, being unaware of this ended up downloading some malicious files I thought were...
  9. windows defender windows 11 displaying as unknown. not sure if my computer is infected or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender windows 11 displaying as unknown. not sure if my computer is infected or...: I've updated my computer to the latest windows update, latest windows defender update, latest nvidia driver, etc. I'm not sure if it's just a display error or if it's not working at all because antimalware service executable is still running when I check task manager. When...
  10. windows defender windows 11 displaying as unknown. not sure if my computer is infected or...

windows defender windows 11 displaying as unknown. not sure if my computer is infected or...: I've updated my computer to the latest windows update, latest windows defender update, latest nvidia driver, etc. I'm not sure if it's just a display error or if it's not working at all because antimalware service executable is still running when I check task manager. When...