Windows 10: Infineon TPM Security Vulnerablity - Is my TPM affected by this?

Discus and support Infineon TPM Security Vulnerablity - Is my TPM affected by this? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Judging from the attached image of my TPM manufacturer information by going into the TPM.msc properties, is my TPM affected by the Infineon TPM chip... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10freak, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Infineon TPM Security Vulnerablity - Is my TPM affected by this?

Judging from the attached image of my TPM manufacturer information by going into the TPM.msc properties, is my TPM affected by the Infineon TPM chip security vulnerability?

TPMupdate - Infineon Technologies
    ROCA: Infineon TPM and Secure Element RSA Vulnerability Guidance - NCSC Site

If it was shown as "IFX" would that indicate that the TPM chip was made by Infineon?

My next question, when buying another laptop, how can I ensure NOT to get one that has a TPM chip made by Infineon?

After these security issues, I don't think I want to trust TPM Infineon chips...

:)

win10freak, Mar 7, 2018
  2. Nick37ZR Win User

Windows update fails repeatedly to install 1709

I get following message:

You need to remove these apps yourself and then press REFRESH: INFINEON TPM Professional Package

I search my C Drive for Infineon and find two Infineon Folders (one in AppData/Roaming and one C:/Program Data) plus a dll file "Infineon.SecurityPlatform.Reporting"

The folders contain several subfolders and files, but none named TPM Professional package.

What should I do? Delete all Infineon folders/files? Or some of them? Which?

Then, assuming 1709 installs OK, what about Infineon TPM, will the PC remain without Infineon TPM??

Or should I ignore completely the 1709 Update? Is it essential?

Thank for any help

Cheers

Nick37ZR, Mar 7, 2018
  3. Nick37ZR Win User
    Repeated Failure with Windows 10 Update to 1709

Q: Remove Infineon TPM for Winsows Update to install 1709

I get following message:

You need to remove these apps yourself and then press REFRESH: INFINEON TPM Professional Package

I search my C Drive for Infineon and find two Infineon Folders (one in AppData/Roaming and one C:/Program Data) plus a dll file "Infineon.SecurityPlatform.Reporting"

The folders contain several subfolders and files, but none named TPM Professional package.

What should I do? Delete all Infineon folders/files? Or some of them? Which?

Then, assuming 1709 installs OK, what about Infineon TPM, will the PC remain without Infineon TPM?? Are the Infineon files really needed on the C-Drive for the system to function OK?? If so, Should I save the Infineon Folders to
    a pen drive, then delete them from the C Drive, run the 1709 Update and (assuming it succeeds) then, if I really must have the Infineon in my C drive, shift the folders back to where they were before in the C Drive?

Or should I ignore completely the 1709 Update? Is it essential?

Thank for any help

Cheers

Nick37ZR, Mar 7, 2018
  4. Infineon TPM Security Vulnerablity - Is my TPM affected by this?

Still no responses?
    I guess people don't take encryption too seriously...What a shame, since this is the first line of defense to protect data.

win10freak, Mar 8, 2018
  5. You have an Atmel TPM, not an Infineon. As you said, Infineon uses IFX as the ID. The tpm.msc will actually tell you if you are vulnerable.

You have to ask the manufacturer, find the spec sheet online, or check with other owners of the laptop to see what TPM they are using. But all the new IFX chips would have this issue fixed and the major OEMs would have already updated to the latest TPM firmware by now.

I imagine few home users would be affected since not many apps use the TPM to generate RSA keys, aside from Bitlocker and Windows Hello. Bitlocker uses 2048-bit keys, which require 140 CPU years/$20K to crack. MS doesn't specify the key length for Hello but I would guess it would be the same.

PolarNettles, Mar 8, 2018
  6. All I really read is that only Infineon chips are affected.
    So I guess I’m safe.

So the TPM.msc console would have a warning on this? Which section?

Good to know, because I was looking for a script or program that would let me know if my TPM is safe or not.

Thanks

win10freak, Mar 8, 2018
  7. https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en...sory/ADV170012

PolarNettles, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Infineon TPM Security Vulnerablity - Is my TPM affected by this?

1. Infineon TPM Security Vulnerablity - Is my TPM affected by this? - Similar Threads - Infineon TPM Security

2. Secure boot and TPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot and TPM: So I don't know if this is a problem or I'm just stupid, but I want to upgrade to Windows 11. The thing is that my processor isn't supported and I need to enable TPM. There's a catch tho, when I went to the BIOS it says that my "Network Boot Protocol" is set to "Legacy IPv4",...
  3. Secure boot and TPM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure boot and TPM: So I don't know if this is a problem or I'm just stupid, but I want to upgrade to Windows 11. The thing is that my processor isn't supported and I need to enable TPM. There's a catch tho, when I went to the BIOS it says that my "Network Boot Protocol" is set to "Legacy IPv4",...
  4. Secure boot and TPM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Infineon tpm professional package

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infineon tpm professional package: Hi, I am failing to upgrade to Windows 10 because of Infineon tpm professional package https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/infineon-tpm-professional-package/05e7f61d-f1a0-4dde-a367-84f22919320d
  6. Bitlocker and TPM-Security

Bitlocker and TPM-Security: Questions about bit-locker and TPM-security for latest windows 10 version 1909 and up or lower. I’m looking on the web some answer confuse more then it resolves anything. and i want something to easely fall back for myself and other people 1 Do you require to clear...
  7. TPM or NO TPM That is the Question

TPM or NO TPM That is the Question: I have an Asus ROG Maximus Hero X WI-FI-AC and, even though this is built for gaming I use it for everyday work. I have two Two Samsung SSD's, the 970 Pro M.2 which is C drive and the 860 Evo is is D drive. I have done a lot of reading about the TPM that goes to this board...
  8. Infineon TPM Professional Package

Infineon TPM Professional Package: Whenever I attempt to a Windows 10 upgrade, it fails and I am instructed to remove the "Infineon TPM Professional Package" app (this is always listed twice in the dialog box). I cannot locate any Infineon app (have searched "Infineon" and "Infineon TPM"). How can I resolve...
  9. uninstall infineon tpm professional package

uninstall infineon tpm professional package: How do I uninstall Infineon TPM Professional package off of the computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/uninstall-infineon-tpm-professional-package/a723e710-f15a-4f0c-ac2e-5852dd3cd709
  10. Infineon TPM Modules generating insecure RSA Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Infineon TPM Modules generating insecure RSA Keys: FYI... I get emails for updates for my Lenovo ThinkPad notebook. That said, I got one this morning alerting me that some Lenovo notebooks using Infineon TPM modules are generating insecure RSA keys - RSA Keys Generated by Infineon TPMs are Insecure Anyway, the link...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which infineon chips were affected