Windows 10: Infinite 2 minute Update Reboot even after resetting my laptop on Windows 10

Discus and support Infinite 2 minute Update Reboot even after resetting my laptop on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm so tired, I've been having the infinite Update loop since Friday 24th of June 2022, I've tried every possible solution and I still have this, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jose alberto acosta, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Infinite 2 minute Update Reboot even after resetting my laptop on Windows 10

I'm so tired, I've been having the infinite Update loop since Friday 24th of June 2022, I've tried every possible solution and I still have this, I reset everything in my laptop Lenovo and this message is still popping telling me that the system will restart in 2 minutes to install a firmware update, it has been like this all day yesterday.I have no idea what to do now.

:)

jose alberto acosta, Jun 25, 2022

2. Windows 10 Infinite Reboot Loop - Dell Laptop

For the past few days a Microsoft Windows update notification continuously popped up on screen.

After a few days of ignoring it, I finally gave in and allowed the update to continue.

After the update installed, A notification popped up saying the PC (laptop) would restart in 30 minutes.

I let the computer sit assuming it would simply restart overnight (It is set to stay powered on while plugged in).

In the morning I discovered my laptop was in an infinite reboot loop.

When powered on (whether plugged in or on battery power), the laptop loads to the Dell logo screen. Next, a command prompt type window flashes briefly (too quick to even read), then a windows loading icon appears at the bottom of the screen, along with the
    following two system messages;

"Attempting to recover installation"

"Restoring your previous version of windows"

Immediately after that (those messages essentially flash, then disappear), the screen shuts off, and laptop reboots, initiating this infinite loop again.

I called Microsoft Support, who after 20 minutes on hold (due to their "systems running slowly" while researching the issue) had me try the following;

1) Hold Power button, let laptop sit for 2 minutes, attempt to restart

2) Hold Power button, remove battery, remove charger, let laptop sit for 2-3 minutes, reattach battery, attempt to restart

Neither of these things solved my issue.

I then made my way through the F12 Boot Setup options, and some other menu (I think F4) - I didn't find anything in those menus for starting in Safe Mode.

The problem is still persisting, however now I don't get an option for F4 (or whatever) or F12 Boot Setup options. This is now a completely infinite restart loop with no ability to open any boot options, and no way of stopping, pausing, or slowing down the
    loop.

They suggested I get a fresh install of Windows 10 - however my understanding is that I will lose my Microsoft Office suite, subscription antivirus software, and all important files I have saved on this laptop.

Open to any suggestions or feedback, PLEASE HELP!

Laptop Details:

Laptop Age: Less than 3 years

Condition: Like New

Brand: Dell

Virus/Malware History: None (scans automatically ran frequently, and manual scans ran bi-weekly)

Moved from:

Windows /Windows 10 /Install,
    upgrade, & activate

Keith_Kornacki, Jun 25, 2022
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jun 25, 2022
  4. Infinite 2 minute Update Reboot even after resetting my laptop on Windows 10

Update Windows 10 pro goes infinite reboot - KB2267602

Not sure when the update was pushed, but turned on my laptop around jan 13th or 14th. All of a sudden after about half an hour it restarted and then infinite reboot. Cheched the web, found out that updates are pretty nasty.

So here's my update I believe causing issues: KB2267602.

Problem is it never starts the download, 0% for about 3 minutes then crash and endless reboot.

Also, after disconnecting from charger and battery, 3 minutes later I was able to restart it. As reported by another user in a

previous infinite reboot loop
    I noticed that my chrome and edge pinns icons disappeared, blank ones instead. Edge pin was working like this but for chrome I have to search for the .exe file.

Last installed successfull KB890830 - windows malicious software removal tool.

Anyone with this issue?

Thanks.

MihneaChirila, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

Infinite 2 minute Update Reboot even after resetting my laptop on Windows 10

1. Infinite 2 minute Update Reboot even after resetting my laptop on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Infinite minute Update

2. reboot time is 2 minutes on ssd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    reboot time is 2 minutes on ssd: lenovo laptop ideapad 3 ryzen cpu 16gb ram tried booting in safemode which boot up my computer faster and disabled fast boot or start or whatever its called and the issue persisted...
  3. infinite reboot loop after factory reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    infinite reboot loop after factory reset?: i tried to factory reset my pc and it keeps going from 68% to 89% and it does that infinitely is there any way to cancel it and just get it to roll back or something please help....
  4. infinite reboot loop after factory reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    infinite reboot loop after factory reset?: i tried to factory reset my pc and it keeps going from 68% to 89% and it does that infinitely is there any way to cancel it and just get it to roll back or something please help....
  5. My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.: Computer is rebooting.*** Moved from: Microsoft 365 Insider / Outlook / Windows *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-is-rebooting-after-10-or-15-minutes/0c2f8b76-802a-4edb-a7b6-299f0d4f2cfa
  6. My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.

My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.: Computer is rebooting.*** Moved from: Microsoft 365 Insider / Outlook / Windows *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-is-rebooting-after-10-or-15-minutes/0c2f8b76-802a-4edb-a7b6-299f0d4f2cfa
  7. My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Infinite 2 minute Update Reboot even after resetting my laptop on Windows 10

Infinite 2 minute Update Reboot even after resetting my laptop on Windows 10: I'm so tired, I've been having the infinite Update loop since Friday 24th of June 2022, I've tried every possible solution and I still have this, I reset everything in my laptop Lenovo and this message is still popping telling me that the system will restart in 2 minutes to...
  9. Infinite 2 minute Update Reboot even after resetting my laptop on Windows 10

Infinite 2 minute Update Reboot even after resetting my laptop on Windows 10: I'm so tired, I've been having the infinite Update loop since Friday 24th of June 2022, I've tried every possible solution and I still have this, I reset everything in my laptop Lenovo and this message is still popping telling me that the system will restart in 2 minutes to...
  10. Windows 10 Freezing minutes after rebooting.

Windows 10 Freezing minutes after rebooting.: Hello, My Dell XPS 13 laptop was working a little bit slower than normal recently, and I saw that there was a couple of driver updates that needed to be completed so I clicked update and restart. However, it never restarted on its own. Eventually, I rebooted and it said...