Windows 10: Infinite Black Screen during Startup

Discus and support Infinite Black Screen during Startup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a custom built computer than i installed myself, the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H. Upon starting up I can press the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaxHowe1, Aug 6, 2020.

1. MaxHowe1 Win User

Infinite Black Screen during Startup

Hi,

I have a custom built computer than i installed myself, the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H.

Upon starting up I can press the following buttons:

Del: BIOS startup/Q-Flash

F9: System Information

F12: Boot Menu

End: Q-Flash

Yesterday i moved my computer from a monitor in my room to a TV downstairs which possibly resulted in the black screen i am getting post boot, due to the resolution change. I have read in forum that it can happen. I have been trying to fix for the past 6 hours.

I have tried the following to try to ammend my black screen:

1 hard resetting

i have tried hard resetting my computer over 20 times. initially, After doing so, windows ‘diagnosed’ and ‘repaired’ my computer’s files, this took several hours and i left it over night to wake up to another black screen.

When Hard restting again i was prompted with the ‘Windows could not start up properly’ and then going through troubleshooting where i repaired it once again. Still resulting in a black screen.

I am no longer able to get to this screen as after i start my computer up it states ‘Preparing Automatic Repair’ followed by the same black screen.

2 BIOS Startup/Q-Flash

When getting into the BIOS menu, i plaued around with the Boot Option Prioties and i got the same result. I also attempted to load ‘Boot Record:Last Known Good’ however that never works.

3 Clean Install of Windows 10I accquired a pc with Windows 10 installed and installed a clean windows 10 media for another pc.
    when inputting this into my computer, i can choose whether to install 64x or 86x. When choosing 64x im greeting with the windows 10 logo, spinning dots and another infinite black screen.

when choosing 86x it mentions i lack the files neccesary.

is there anyrhing else i can do, im unable to reach the advance setting with the blue screen.

:)

MaxHowe1, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Aug 6, 2020
  3. KB4497935 CAUSING INFINITE BLACK SCREEN WITH SPINNING CIRCLE

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get additional information for clarity:

1. Are you getting a black screen before signing in to Windows 10?
    2. Are you getting a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10?
    3. Are you getting a black screen with spinning dots after restarting the device?

Some of the common scenarios that can cause a black or blank screen to occur are connection problems with your display, display adapter driver update issues, or issues with recent updates or installations.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to check if that works.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Infinite Black Screen during Startup

Black Screen on startup

Hi Sergio,

There is a possibility that the black screen could have been caused by a corrupted file or the concerned could be during the boot process. To isolate the possible cause, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

• Once you are on Start Menu, select Enable Safe Mode. If you can boot through
      Safe mode, we can verify that your computer can still boot up.
    • From Safe Mode, you need to performed a Clean boot. This is to isolate other drivers or startup programs that could cause the black screen. To do
      Clean boot, please refer to this link.
    • After performing Clean boot and your computer can boot normally, you would need to go to
      Event Viewer. Just search Event Viewer in your
      Search box
      and select Windows Logs. You would need to check each tab and verify which could have caused the black screen, from there please provide us a screenshot. Base on the screenshot that you will send, we will know what is the
      next step or resolution to provide.

We look forward to your response.

Jarius Tol, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Infinite Black Screen during Startup

1. Infinite Black Screen during Startup - Similar Threads - Infinite Black Screen

2. Windows 11 stuck in black screen during startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck in black screen during startup: Hello All the expart , i hope i ll get the proper solution here kindly someone help me out . My problem is : 15 days back i have purchased a new desktop and its home assembled from the shop they have installled windows 11 . Since i bring that setup in my home that computer...
  3. Windows 11 stuck in black screen during startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 stuck in black screen during startup: Hello All the expart , i hope i ll get the proper solution here kindly someone help me out . My problem is : 15 days back i have purchased a new desktop and its home assembled from the shop they have installled windows 11 . Since i bring that setup in my home that computer...
  4. Pc on startup infinite loop black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc on startup infinite loop black screen: Hello, I have encountered an issue with my computer where it is on an infinite black loading screen after a failed automatic systems repair. SpecsUnfortunately I have little to no knowledge about computer specs, but this is a desktop bought from Digital Storm. StoryI started...
  5. Infinite dots into black screen with cursor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Infinite dots into black screen with cursor: I updated my windows last night after reinstalling windows a few days before. When I turned it on this morning, it was this. I dont have a recovery point, booting into safe mode either takes more than an hour or doesnt work, I cant CTRL ALT DEL on screen with cursor, when I...
  6. Infinite Loading screen on Windows Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Infinite Loading screen on Windows Startup: I've been having this problem for quite some time now. After I upgraded my PC, new motherboard and cpu I began experiencing this issue where Windows 10 is stuck loading on bootup with no end in sight. After I let it load for a few hours, I got a Bluescreen saying "Driver...
  7. PC boots to infinite black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC boots to infinite black screen: I have seen some similar issues but I haven’t seen any that are exactly what is happening to my computer. After a storm started flickering power I turned off my pc. I have a surge protector but when it booted up I got the bsod and git stuck in a boot loop. After hours of...
  8. Infinite Flashing Blue Screen on Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infinite Flashing Blue Screen on Startup: Hi all, I couldn't find anyone having a similar problem and my computer is currently unusable, so I thought I would give this a try. I built a computer a few months ago using: A Gigabyte Z97X Gaming G1 Motherboard An Intel i7 4790K CPU 16 GB DDR4 Patriot Memory sticks...
  9. HD3000+ATI 6490M black screen during startup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HD3000+ATI 6490M black screen during startup: The boot sequence takes too long (black screen during startup for almost 1 min). It seems there is an issue with the switching between these two boards. Is there any way to keep a low power consumption, keeping the option to use both cards and remove the long black screen ?...
  10. Windows 10 black screen during startup, not the typical problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 black screen during startup, not the typical problem: Hello everyone, I am new to this website. It has been a couple months ever since I downloaded Windows 10, so it is not the typical problem people get during installation. About a week ago, there was a new security update from windows, so I updated my computer. I left that on...