Windows 10: infinite boot and unable to access windows repair

Discus and support infinite boot and unable to access windows repair in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In normal bootup i get the infinite loading screen with the HP logo and then black screen for 2 secs and loops. when i tried to hit F11 for recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aliBM, Jun 18, 2020.

1. aliBM Win User

infinite boot and unable to access windows repair

In normal bootup i get the infinite loading screen with the HP logo and then black screen for 2 secs and loops.
    when i tried to hit F11 for recovery mode it says please wait for a minute and then a black screen with a cursor.
    When i clicked on ESC for start-up options it works and if i try to get recovery options thorugh that same things happens it says please wait and then black screen with cursor.
    I am not even able to access the recovery options so i can reset my PC, how can i fix this?

:)

aliBM, Jun 18, 2020
  2. copiman Win User

Infinite Repair Loop

I have an HP 14-ac151nr laptop. It attempts to diagnose and repair but loops. Cannot access safemode.

Have tried startup repair
    bootrec.exe with /rebuildbcd & /fixmbr & /fixboot
    chkdisk

I found this while searching the forum. Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums and tried it. on step 13 it said "The file sizes presented here are approximate estimations, and may vary depending on your system. If any one of them are 0 bytes, then you should stop what you're doing now and seek an alternative method of recovering your system, because Windows cannot function with a 0-byte size registry hive."

Of course everything was 0-byte.*Mad

I would assume its toast and I would need to do a clean install, or maybe a repair install or something else? Not sure what is the best action at this point. Need advice.

copiman, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Atnic Win User

Windows defender's disabled now the Scanning Repair drive goes into infinite loop

Thanks Jennifer Cha but I cannot get into windows. I can only use functions and keys to get menus that are available while the computer is booting and heading towards the infinite scan and repair routine. Please list some functions that will help me get
    to the point where i can enter the command prompt to access the task i need to get the computer to perform

No I need to find out how to do it with no access to Windows and the list of other help some of them are dangerous

Atnic, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

1. infinite boot and unable to access windows repair - Similar Threads - infinite boot unable

2. Automatic Repair / Infinite Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair / Infinite Boot Loop: Hello,I currently have a problem with a laptop having Windows 8.1. It tries to boot, but after loading for a bit it shows a error : , which disappears too fast to be able to read. Afterwards it goes automatically into the repair troubleshoot mode and then just goes into a...
  3. Automatic Repair / Infinite Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair / Infinite Boot Loop: Hello,I currently have a problem with a laptop having Windows 8.1. It tries to boot, but after loading for a bit it shows a error : , which disappears too fast to be able to read. Afterwards it goes automatically into the repair troubleshoot mode and then just goes into a...
  4. Windows 10 infinite boot, repair mode black screen, infinite clean windows install beginning.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 infinite boot, repair mode black screen, infinite clean windows install beginning.: So as described when trying to turn on my pc it just displays the spining circles icon for a while, if left on for a long time it starts showing text in the ballpark of "repairing disk 100%" and then it stays that way for seemingly infinite amounts of time I havent actually...
  5. Infinite boot loop, can't access BIOS

Infinite boot loop, can't access BIOS: Basically, after a failed overclock due to my stupidity unstable overclock due to low voltage has led me to an infinite boot loop, when I start my computer up, it freezes on an automatic repair screen, bios is inaccesible during it, even when it doesn't freeze. Also, when...
  6. Windows 10 unable to boot, unable to restore or repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 unable to boot, unable to restore or repair: I'm having an issue with booting Windows 10. The installation previously worked, but now whenever I boot it up, I see the Windows logo, a black screen with a loading wheel, and then a completely black screen with no cursor. It never boots past the black screen. I've tried...
  7. Windows unable to boot ; stuck in infinite repair loop

Windows unable to boot ; stuck in infinite repair loop: Hello everyone, Last night I turned on my computer to find that it wouldn't boot. Confused, I turned it off and back on. It was then I discovered my PC was stuck in a loop. It was working completely fine before. When I turn on my computer, it takes me to one of two...
  8. Infinite Repair loop?

Infinite Repair loop?: Hi, I'm running an ASUS Desktop M5A97R2.0, SSD. Whilst trying to install March 2019s update (1903 I think) my pc froze at 'Installing updates. This might take over an hour' @1%. after several hours of this I manually switched machine off and on again to be confronted by...
  9. Infinite Boot Loop/Automatic Repair Black Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infinite Boot Loop/Automatic Repair Black Screen: I'm having some issues accessing the Advanced Start up menu, or Windows Recovery Enviroment. I can't get past the initial boot up an either restarts, or gets stuck on a black screen. So the other methods of getting to the Advanced menu, or Windows RE, besides the shutting...
  10. Infinite Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Infinite Repair Loop: I have an HP 14-ac151nr laptop. It attempts to diagnose and repair but loops. Cannot access safemode. Have tried startup repair bootrec.exe with /rebuildbcd & /fixmbr & /fixboot chkdisk I found this while searching the forum. Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery -...