Windows 10: Infinite BSOD, can't boot into safe mode

Discus and support Infinite BSOD, can't boot into safe mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been getting the infinite BSOD after I installed a driver. This had happened before and I fixed it by deleting amd software in safemode after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Isaac Lee 2, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Infinite BSOD, can't boot into safe mode

I have been getting the infinite BSOD after I installed a driver. This had happened before and I fixed it by deleting amd software in safemode after downloading that faulty driver. Now I tried downloading a different one and my problem is back. I thought I could fix it again but I tried entering safe mode only to restart to a BSOD. I already did things like sfc scannow and even uninstalling the latest windows update to see if that was the problem. I'm at a loss now. Model is a MSI aegis zs desktop.

:)

Isaac Lee 2, Jan 28, 2023
  2. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Jan 28, 2023
  3. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Jan 28, 2023
  4. Infinite BSOD, can't boot into safe mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 28, 2023
Thema:

Infinite BSOD, can't boot into safe mode

1. Infinite BSOD, can't boot into safe mode - Similar Threads - Infinite BSOD can't

2. Bsod. Can't boot, reinstall windows, nor boot in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod. Can't boot, reinstall windows, nor boot in safe mode.: Happened 2 days ago. I've updated my drivers and I use a external hard drive. The only thing I can access is the recovery page and BIOS. I don't know what to do. My BSOD looks glitched. The smiley face looks like a weird, white block, meanwhile the text is also all glitched...
  3. Bsod. Can't boot, reinstall windows, nor boot in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod. Can't boot, reinstall windows, nor boot in safe mode.: Happened 2 days ago. I've updated my drivers and I use a external hard drive. The only thing I can access is the recovery page and BIOS. I don't know what to do. My BSOD looks glitched. The smiley face looks like a weird, white block, meanwhile the text is also all glitched...
  4. Bsod. Can't boot, reinstall windows, nor boot in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Infinite BSOD, can't boot into safe mode

Infinite BSOD, can't boot into safe mode: I have been getting the infinite BSOD after I installed a driver. This had happened before and I fixed it by deleting amd software in safemode after downloading that faulty driver. Now I tried downloading a different one and my problem is back. I thought I could fix it again...
  6. Infinite BSOD can't even go into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite BSOD can't even go into safe mode: I've been having issues with BSOD for a few months netwtw04.sys and no matter what I tried it wouldn't go away, but fine it restarted and things went fine until I turned it off again, but today after getting that BSOD, when it restarted it gave me some critical error BSOD and...
  7. Infinite BSOD can't even go into safe mode

Infinite BSOD can't even go into safe mode: I've been having issues with BSOD for a few months netwtw04.sys and no matter what I tried it wouldn't go away, but fine it restarted and things went fine until I turned it off again, but today after getting that BSOD, when it restarted it gave me some critical error BSOD and...
  8. Infinite BSOD can't even go into safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Can't boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into safe mode.: Every time I try to boot into safe mode it always tries to do an automatic repair and fails to repair.I can still boot normally just not in safe mode. This from the log: Root cause found: Boot critical file g:\windows\system32\drivers\ramdisk.sys is corrupt. Repair...
  10. BSOD Can't boot to safe mode or desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Can't boot to safe mode or desktop: Hi all, I put my PC into sleep mode before heading out last night and upon my return I was presented with a BSOD. So I'm not actually sure if it went into sleep mode. I'm kinda at a loss as in to what is causing my bsod. It happens after the Windows logo, but doesn't...