Windows 10: Infinite BSOD Loop, Various Error Codes

Discus and support Infinite BSOD Loop, Various Error Codes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I did a teardown of my Windows 10 machine to clean all the parts and do some cable management and when I reassembled and restarted I had some issues.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jschwim, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Jschwim Win User

Infinite BSOD Loop, Various Error Codes

I did a teardown of my Windows 10 machine to clean all the parts and do some cable management and when I reassembled and restarted I had some issues. It started with a corrupted RAM BSOD, so I cleaned the connector pins on the RAM sticks with alcohol. Then I couldn't get a video output to my monitor...

Eventually I got it to work and boot, and made it to the start screen. Then the first BSOD happened, I don't remember the error code. It restarted, made it past post, then another. Then another, and another, and another...

I inserted my Windows 10 bootable USB drive and attempted to boot to it, nope. I cleared the CMOS on my ram, swapped ram stick positions, ran a memOK! test. The test came back OK!.

I unplugged the sata cable with my (one and only drive) SSD, booted to the USB drive and it worked. Reformatted, reinstalled, made it to start screen and... BSOD. Loop.

I know it seems like this could be a hardware issue, but all of this hardware was working fine before I did the teardown. I rechecked all of my work after I started getting this post-reassemble errors. Everything checks out.

I'm not really sure what to do, nor can I post a crash log due to the fact that I can't make it to the desktop, or if I can, I'm only there for a few seconds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time.

Some of the BSOD codes I've caught thus far:
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_ERROR
    ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NO_EXECUTE_MEMORY
    KERNAL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE
    0xc000021a

Eventually I will get a RecEnv.exe - Application Error

The intrusction at 0x00007FFA718C4830 referenced memory at 0x000000000057. The memory could not be written.

Click on OK to terminate the program.

Updates: I've run a chkdsk through the command prompt found in troubleshooting tools in the USB Boot drive. Everything comes up green, though I do get a 'failed to transfer logged messages to the vent log with status 50' though I understand this to be normal when running a chkdsk from the troubleshooting place.

I'm becoming more convinced it is a hardware issue.

----

I've now attempted to run the system with one stick of RAM. Swapping the sticks and trying all variation of stick 1 and 2 in slot A and B one at a time. Blue screens are continuing.

With one combination I received error:

winlogon.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x00007FF9F65CDD3E referenced memory at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFF86. The memory could not be written.

Either both of my ram sticks are fried, though they do not appear damaged in any way, or it's my mother board. I don't know how this could've happened, as when I cleaned it I just used compressed air...

:)

Jschwim, Feb 19, 2016

2. Error: infinite BSoD loop

With that being said, you need to have access to your PC as administrator so that you can get into the Windows Recovery Environment in order for you to run the commands that can help resolving the blue screen error on your PC. And aside from that, what you
    can do is you can use an installation media to restore or reset your
    PC. For you to do that, please refer to the steps from this article:

Recovery options in Windows 10

Keep us posted.

Marque Lor, Feb 19, 2016
  3. Error: infinite BSoD loop

After around 2 years of using an Acer Aspire R11, I decided to log into my computer one day, and it turns out that the battery was not charging. I then restarted my computer, and now I get a BSoD error: bad_system_config_info. after collecting the error
    data, my computer restarted, only this time, the bootup screen showed a "Preparing automatic repair" text. After booting up, I'm shown the "select account page". Since I do not have admin access on my PC, I decided to restart, in the hopes that the PC would
    troubleshoot the problem. But now, the PC restart caused the same BSoD, with the same error message. This was the loop that occured. If you know how to solve this, please respond quickly. It's the only laptop I own!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup.

Dcubegamer, Feb 19, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Is the firmware of your SSD updated? (I know this might be a question you can't answer)

Infinite BSOD Loop, Various Error Codes [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

5. Jschwim Win User
    Not sure, probably not.

Also I checked last night, and despite working for the past 2 years, and BIOS being up-to-date, my SSD is not on the compatible list. I'm trying to figure out if it's the RAM or the motherboard... Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks for the response.

Jschwim, Feb 20, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Could you link me the site that shows the compatibility?
    You checked for compatibility before getting it, right?

7. Jschwim Win User
    Wish I could say I did, but I can't remember. If Windows 10 updates the drivers on these things then the drivers are up-to-date.

P8Z77-I DELUXE | Motherboards | ASUS USA

Currently, a friend's brother has taken the RAM as he is in IT and hardware. He's going to test the RAM, if it comes back okay, I'll have him test the motherboard. If that fails... I'll have him test to see if I'm in the matrix and this is an elaborate experiment.

Also, sick avatar.

Jschwim, Feb 20, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

SSD's uses drivers that are called firmware which can't be updated by Windows, because Windows doesn't update those kind of drivers. You can only manually update the firmware.

I can't find much about compatibility on the site of Mushkin.

9. Jschwim Win User
    Neither could I. I'm running a memtest right now, first pass, 0 errors. Will update with more info. Afterwards I"m going to use another computer to update the firmware on the SSD. Will update from there.

Thanks for your help/patience.

Jschwim, Feb 20, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Keep me posted on the situation *Smile

11. Jschwim Win User
    Okay, a total of 12 passes on the ram. One set of 4 and one set of 8, and it comes back A-OK memtest86 approved. So perhaps then it's the hard drive. I'm going to attempt to update it's firmware today, then see how things unfold. Will update later. I took pictures of the results of the memtest here.

Jschwim, Feb 21, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Memtest86+ is better than MemTest86.
    I would advice to run MemTest86+ as instructed.

13. Jschwim Win User

Ah, I didn't realize there was a + and not. I'll take care of it.

Do you think then the tests I ran are kind of null, don't prove anything regarding RAM corruption?

Jschwim, Feb 21, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    They surely prove something, but we think MemTest86+ is more reliable *Smile

Just to note, 8GB takes normally around 8-10h for 8 passes to complete.

15. Jschwim Win User
    Well, tried putting in completely different RAM in and I'm still experiencing the same loops. When I try to do a startup repair I get F:\windows\System32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt

Not sure what else I can do. The firmware of the SSD is fully up to date. Could this mean it's a motherboard problem?

Jschwim, Feb 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Infinite BSOD Loop, Various Error Codes - Similar Threads - Infinite BSOD Loop

2. BSOD with various error codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with various error codes: Ok I’ve thrown enough money guessing so this is my last stand before taking this to a shop. I recently got an HP omen 15 for a very good deal that keeps BSODing randomly with PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and I initially thought the ram wasn’t substantial enough at 4gb so I...
  3. BSOD with various error codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with various error codes: Ok I’ve thrown enough money guessing so this is my last stand before taking this to a shop. I recently got an HP omen 15 for a very good deal that keeps BSODing randomly with PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and I initially thought the ram wasn’t substantial enough at 4gb so I...
  4. BSOD with various error codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Continuous BSOD errors with various Stop Codes

Continuous BSOD errors with various Stop Codes: Hi, I have been having BSOD for couple of months now but it has got more frequent. I got BSOD today twice in 10 minutes. - Link to 1st BSOD today: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArU5xwPk5EFTgP8M5FPgxgth4c2G4Q?e=3zFl05 - Link to 2nd BSOD today:...
  6. Getting BSODs with various error codes

Getting BSODs with various error codes: Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572) Link to the past several dump files: DESKTOP-111I10D-(2020-10-16_20-17-23).zip - Google Drive Windows 10 has been crashing quite often since the the 2004 update. Crashes have occurred while on zoom calls, when gaming, and once...
  7. Getting various BSOD with multiple error codes

Getting various BSOD with multiple error codes: Hi, I've been getting some BSOD for about a week now. Usually once a day. Sometimes multiple times a day. My biggest problem is that lately, there's been no "What failed" part after the Stop Code. The last 4 BSOD I've gotten have just been KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,...
  8. BSOD - Various Codes

BSOD - Various Codes: One of mu users has a new Dell laptop which BSOD a couple of times a day. I have applied the latest Dell and Windows updates but the issue persists. Link to the latest memory dump below...
  9. BSODs with various error codes & no clear cause

BSODs with various error codes & no clear cause: It can often take up to eight passes before errors show. Sometimes the errors can be because of the slots in the motherboard so it is hard to track this down. I think if you are still getting errors on two of the sticks then threre is no doubt they are faulty and should be...
  10. BSOD Various Stop Codes, Various Reasons

BSOD Various Stop Codes, Various Reasons: Trying to figure out what causes all these stop codes. New computer, specs below. Sometimes while working in Adobe Premiere Pro, I get a crash. Sometimes it's when I move the mouse. Sometimes, it's when I open a program. Each time, it seems, I get a different code. I have no...