Windows 10: Infinite dots into black screen with cursor

Discus and support Infinite dots into black screen with cursor in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I updated my windows last night after reinstalling windows a few days before. When I turned it on this morning, it was this. I dont have a recovery... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SnipingCat85, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Infinite dots into black screen with cursor

I updated my windows last night after reinstalling windows a few days before. When I turned it on this morning, it was this. I dont have a recovery point, booting into safe mode either takes more than an hour or doesnt work, I cant CTRL ALT DEL on screen with cursor, when I tried to reset windows it says theres an error, and I have tried to do the repair drive thing, but nothing changes. It also takes a long time to go from the dots to the black screen with cursor around 30 mins.

Any tips on how to fix? Thank you.

:)

SnipingCat85, Dec 28, 2020

2. [SOLVED] Black screen with cursor/infinite loading dots after updating Windows 10

Hey there,
    GalenAA

I have put the solution you have provided within a Wiki Article here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-performance/black-screen-with-cursorinfinite-loading-dots/c916b7ea-942d-46ac-9240-fa3473e64a28?tm=1492812751287

This will now show within search results as well as this thread. I have also included a link to your profile, informing readers/viewers that you provided the steps/solution as well as including this thread.

If you have any suggestions for other Wiki Articles, you are always welcome to suggest Wiki Articles through this

link here

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Dec 28, 2020
  3. KB4497935 CAUSING INFINITE BLACK SCREEN WITH SPINNING CIRCLE

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get additional information for clarity:

1. Are you getting a black screen before signing in to Windows 10?
    2. Are you getting a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10?
    3. Are you getting a black screen with spinning dots after restarting the device?

Some of the common scenarios that can cause a black or blank screen to occur are connection problems with your display, display adapter driver update issues, or issues with recent updates or installations.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to check if that works.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Infinite dots into black screen with cursor

Black screen with cursor/infinite loading dots after updating Windows 10

Technical Level : Basic

Summary

When running your computer, and encountered an infinite loading screen (dots circling) or a black screen with visible cursor?

This article will walk through how to fix this problem, and get back to using your computer/device the way you was before.

***Note: If you are uncomfortable in following the steps within the article, please seek someone who can help you through this article.

Details

This seems to be caused by either another monitor, two graphics cards (an integrated and discrete card for instance), or software that sets up a virtual monitor conflicting the primary monitor. Windows might choose the other monitor as the primary monitor.

To fix this problem, please follow the steps below:

• After rebooting 3 times, system should start in advanced repair mode.
    • Select "Selective startup" mode. Start in Safe Mode with Networking.
    • Right click on Start button, and open "Command Prompt (Admin)."
    • Follow instructions at Home - Broadcom Community - Discussion Forums, Technical Docs, and Expert Blogs to start windows installer service.
    • Right click Start button. Go to Apps and Features.
    • Uninstall second screen software (if any). I had "Duet" software installed to use my iPad as a second screen. If you don't have second screen software, skip ahead.
    • Right click Start. Go to device manager.
    • NOTE: Only perform step 8 if you know what you are doing. You can break important stuff here.
    • Look under Display Adapters, Monitors, and anything else with a similar icon, for duplicate devices/caution symbols. If you have an integrated and a discrete graphics card, try disabling the integrated display adapter. Right click and disable duplicate
      devices/conflicting devices. IMPORTANT: Leave your primary graphics adapter and monitor alone.
    • I had a dual monitor icon in device manager for the virtual display software I was running.
    • 9. Uninstall the graphics driver under Apps and Features.
    • 10. Reboot
    • System should start to login screen. If it doesn't, try unplugging the monitor cable, and re-plugging it back in.
    • 11. Reinstall graphics drivers for your primary graphics adapter, choose the clean install option.

If you removed anything that was being detected as a primary monitor, you can try to reinstall it now. If it causes the problem to return, you might have to wait until the developer updates their software to reinstall it.

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope this article has helped you with this problem. If it has, please leave a helpful vote. Credit for this article, goes to GalenAA
    who shared this on the Microsoft Community,
    here

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Infinite dots into black screen with cursor

1. Infinite dots into black screen with cursor - Similar Threads - Infinite dots black

2. Black screen with loading dots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with loading dots: I factory reset my pc. I then tried to log in and it wouldn’t let me. I don’t quite remember what I did to try and fix it but now when my pc tries to boot up it goes to a black screen with a loading circle. I can’t log in. Not can I go into safe mode. I tired and my screen...
  3. Black screen with loading dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with loading dots: I factory reset my pc. I then tried to log in and it wouldn’t let me. I don’t quite remember what I did to try and fix it but now when my pc tries to boot up it goes to a black screen with a loading circle. I can’t log in. Not can I go into safe mode. I tired and my screen...
  4. Black dot appearing on screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black dot appearing on screen.: Attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing on my screen, no matter what application is open/tabbed into. I am not sure of the cause of this, but I have had this issue previously about a year ago and it just went away. Since then I have reinstalled windows on a different...
  5. Black dot appearing on screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black dot appearing on screen.: Attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing on my screen, no matter what application is open/tabbed into. I am not sure of the cause of this, but I have had this issue previously about a year ago and it just went away. Since then I have reinstalled windows on a different...
  6. Black dot appearing on screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Black screen, spinning dots and cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen, spinning dots and cursor: When i start my computer, when motherboard logo disappear, there is just spinning dots an cursor and it never start up. But when i go to safe mode and uninstall gpu driver, it starts up normally. PS i tried to delete uptades and all that.(sorry for my bad English) submitted...
  8. Black screen with cursor/black screen with circling white dots when booting up after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor/black screen with circling white dots when booting up after...: So I bought a pre built pc about a year ago and decided to upgrade my pc’s motherboard as the one that came with the pre built wasn’t great. I replaced the motherboard with a ASUS Prime Z370-AII and installed all the components into the motherboard...however, when I boot up...
  9. Black Screen with circling Dots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen with circling Dots: I have been having trouble with windows 10. One of the articles suggested to hold down the start button 3 times and start the PC 3 times. I did and the screen started going through stages of fixing. The Screen went black with the circling dots for the last 6 hours or so. I...
  10. infinite spinning dots on black logo screen - after windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    infinite spinning dots on black logo screen - after windows 10 updates: Hi - we have had some Windows 10 laptops that have had upstart issues after Windows 10 updates. After restart we see infinite spinning dots on black logo screen. Some times you can succeed with system restore - of a restore point, and sometimes this is not available -...