Windows 10: Infinite Loading Lock Srceen Change

Discus and support Infinite Loading Lock Srceen Change in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i was thinking of changing my lock screen since i was board with my current then this happened [ATTACH] It just keeps loading and i don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ElayCross, Mar 17, 2019.

1. ElayCross Win User

Infinite Loading Lock Srceen Change

So i was thinking of changing my lock screen since i was board with my current then this happened

Infinite Loading Lock Srceen Change ad1fa4be-8f1d-4bbe-94f8-82b068d4bb7f?upload=true.png

It just keeps loading and i don't know what to do... please help..

:)

ElayCross, Mar 17, 2019

2. Lock Screen cannot be changed (infinite load), Win10

After attempting to change the lock-screen to a slide-show or an image, it starts loading but it never ends. The only working images are the default ones.

• I tried several file formats (.png .jpg .jpeg .bmp .gif .webp) with various qualities, resolutions and file-sizes but none work.
    • I had several (4) accounts on my PC before this issue, lock-screen cannot be changed on any of them - one of the accounts had a custom lockscreen and it's still there and working. Attempting to change it will make an infinite load and the image cannot
      be changed back, must choose a default one (my main account). Any new accounts also have the issue.
    • My Windows version is '1709', according to 'winver'. Home version - just sayng that I cannot access the gpedit.
    • Just in case this information is useful, my computer did not upgrade from Win7 or Win8 (or Win8.1) to Win10, I bought this computer a year ago with Win10.

I tried:

• Command 'DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth'.
    • Command 'chkdsk.exe /f /r'.
    • Removing 'settings.dat' in folder '\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings'.
    • Removing all entries from Registry Editor: 'Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Lock Screen'.
    • Creating registry strings: 'LockAppAumId' (value: Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy!WindowsDefaultLockScreen) & 'TileMigrated' (value: 1)
    • Removing 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData' folder
    • Disabling all apps on lock screen, also disabling the fun facts, tips and tricks.
    • Creating 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization' in Registry Editor (folder did not exist before), than creating 'LockScreenImage' string value (value (this is path to the lockscreen I want): C:\#REDIRECTORY\lockscreen.jpg).
      Later I also created a DWORD value called 'NoLockScreen' with value 0.

I found these potential solutions on various websites, none worked for me.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

NicoFilippo, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite loading

Hi Justin,

For us to isolate this infinite loading issue on your Windows 10 PC, we suggest performing a

clean boot
    . Please follow the troubleshooting steps provided for Windows 10. Once the cause has been determined, proceed with the

System File Checker
    tool to look into the corrupted system files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 17, 2019
  4. Infinite Loading Lock Srceen Change

Can't change lock screen image. Windows 10

• Thanks for that. I guess I'll just have to wait. Until then infinite loading circle will have to keep on being infinite.

af26e49r030k, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

Infinite Loading Lock Srceen Change

1. Infinite Loading Lock Srceen Change - Similar Threads - Infinite Loading Lock

2. infinite loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    infinite loading: when I click on a file on the desktop or on windows explorer it continues loading and to solve this I have to open task manager, look for windows explorer and end activity. the fact is that, if i doble click on desktop, It opens the file, but if I click once it loads forever....
  3. infinite loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    infinite loading: when I click on a file on the desktop or on windows explorer it continues loading and to solve this I have to open task manager, look for windows explorer and end activity. the fact is that, if i doble click on desktop, It opens the file, but if I click once it loads forever....
  4. infinite loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Update loading infinitely

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update loading infinitely: Can anyone help me with this. My windows update is loading infinitely. It is not showing anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-loading-infinitely/8ec36dd6-e3b2-4598-b2d1-a21bef7510f7
  6. Lock Screen cannot be changed infinite loading/ Windows 10 2004

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen cannot be changed infinite loading/ Windows 10 2004: Hello everyone, I have an issue when I try changing my lock screen. It is not new, I saw some people having the same problem, but nothing seems to work ? Basically when I try changing the picture for the lock screen, it is an infinite loading. Note that in the "choose your...
  7. Infinite loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infinite loading: I am using a windows 10 PC and I was just watching some videos on it when the sound glitched out and i had to restart the PC. After restarting upon opening it said “scanning disk drive for bugs” or something else in that nature. It is now in an infinite loop where it loads...
  8. Infinite Loading

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Infinite Loading: When I reboot my PC, I always get a black screen loading with a cursor. I am using my switch rn, it's a insider build may 2004. System restoring does not help. Can you help? Note: It only happens when I reboot. System restore lets me in once....
  9. Infinite Load Screen After Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infinite Load Screen After Hardware Change: Hi all i just added a ryzen 3600 to my msi b350 gaming plus as well as putting in some 2x8gb ddr4 3600 ram. The bios is recognizing all of the parts correctly but when i boot from my ssd where windows os is installed it gets stuck in an infinite bios splash screen. Any help...
  10. Infinite data sync or loading infinite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite data sync or loading infinite: Hello, When i launch Forza Horizon 4, i'm blocked to main menu. Data sync is infinite or the loading is infinite too... Please How can i unlock that ? It's Forza Hoziron 4 Standard PC buy from microsoft store....