Windows 10: Infinite lock screen

Discus and support Infinite lock screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Everytine my computer needs to be restarted, whether it randomly restarts itself or I restarted it for a visual studio installation, the welcome screen... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SwagAgent25, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Infinite lock screen

Everytine my computer needs to be restarted, whether it randomly restarts itself or I restarted it for a visual studio installation, the welcome screen comes up and its stuck saying welcome while loading. Its as if I had logged in but it says “user” and will not open to desktop. I have tried to fix it in the past and succeeded, but that method no longer works. Is there any way to fix this, or must I wait for it to finish?

:)

SwagAgent25, Jun 5, 2020

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Infinite lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jun 5, 2020
  4. rmanasa Win User

Infinite lock screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Infinite lock screen

1. Infinite lock screen - Similar Threads - Infinite lock screen

2. One lock screen to another lock screen, infinite loop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    One lock screen to another lock screen, infinite loop: When i tried to boot up my laptop, i couldn't get pass the preparing windows screen after entering the password. It brought me back to the lock screen again. Here’s the Video recording of my laptop screen. I also could get into safe boot mode by forcefully shutdowning a few...
  3. One lock screen to another lock screen, infinite loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One lock screen to another lock screen, infinite loop: When i tried to boot up my laptop, i couldn't get pass the preparing windows screen after entering the password. It brought me back to the lock screen again. Here’s the Video recording of my laptop screen. I also could get into safe boot mode by forcefully shutdowning a few...
  4. One lock screen to another lock screen, infinite loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Infinite loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite loading screen: The only thing I did was update my computer than after typing in my passcode to my computer I get stuck on a infinite loading screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/infinite-loading-screen/fb5519d0-0372-4e0c-86a2-c4c0f44b9886
  6. Infinite locked loop screen and 0% battery plugged in

Infinite locked loop screen and 0% battery plugged in: My laptop is doing an infinite locked loop but after when my laptop is opened from that loop, I start doing things on it then after 30 seconds-2 minutes it shows me locked screen again! And after the loop stops the apps are still opened but then it starts the loop again,...
  7. Infinite locked loop screen and 0% battery plugged in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Infinite locked loop screen and 0% battery plugged in: My laptop is doing an infinite locked loop but after when my laptop is opened from that loop, I start doing things on it then after 1-2 minutes it shows me locked screen again! And after the loop stops the apps are still opened but then it starts the loop again, Please...
  8. Infinite locked loop screen and 0% battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite locked loop screen and 0% battery plugged in: My laptop is doing an infinite locked loop but after when my laptop is opened from that loop, I start doing things on it then after 1-2 minutes it shows me locked screen again! And after the loop stops the apps are still opened but then it starts the loop again, Please...
  9. Infinite Blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite Blue screens: I kept getting blue screens when i would load up my pc, with different error codes such **** driver irql, watchdogs, drivers, ram, etc. I got tired of jus getting blue screens on my brand new pc so i took out my ram sticks and put them back in, hoping that would maybe work....
  10. Infinite Blue screens

Infinite Blue screens: I kept getting blue screens when i would load up my pc, with different error codes such **** driver irql, watchdogs, drivers, ram, etc. I got tired of jus getting blue screens on my brand new pc so i took out my ram sticks and put them back in, hoping that would maybe work....