Windows 10: Infinite loop attempting to restore installation, undoing changes+ microsoft account...

Discus and support Infinite loop attempting to restore installation, undoing changes+ microsoft account... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i left my laptop today and when i returned it got stuck in this weird infinite restarting loop i have an hp pavilion where it quickly flashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LucasŠváb, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Infinite loop attempting to restore installation, undoing changes+ microsoft account...

So i left my laptop today and when i returned it got stuck in this weird infinite restarting loop i have an hp pavilion where it quickly flashes something like "attempting to restore installation, undoing changes..." I tried to fix the issue with system recovery pressing f11 while booting up but for everything i need a microsoft account password... Either i had a bad one or it just didn't recognize it so i tried logging in on my phone and changed the password ofc it said that i can't use my old password, the one i tried to use but it said wrong password but it still won't let me go through... So I'm stuck in a restarting loop without any ability to restore or troubleshoot the system... I can access the bios menu tho i don't know what I'm doing there so i rather left it alone... I know that there was an update and the system warned me about a few restarts and some time it will need but this just seems like it was too much for my fella... Any additional details i might have forgotten I'm happy to fill in... Just please help, I'm a college student without that much money so I can't afford repairing or buying a new one. Thanks in advance

:)

LucasŠváb, Feb 10, 2020
  2. BeezleABC Win User

Undoing Changes Loop

My computer is stuck in the "undoing changes loop" and will not boot at all. Keeps trying to boot then goes in a loop back to trying to open. I have tried powering off and on three times to get to the Advanced Repair with no success. Any suggestions on
    on to fix this issue. Thank you

BeezleABC, Feb 10, 2020
  3. windows 10 undoing changes loop

Hi,

This issue is caused by a corrupted updates on your computer.

We found an article similar to your concern. We suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided by Sumit Dhiman2 on this
    thread.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Feb 10, 2020
  4. copiman Win User

Infinite loop attempting to restore installation, undoing changes+ microsoft account...

Infinite Repair Loop

I have an HP 14-ac151nr laptop. It attempts to diagnose and repair but loops. Cannot access safemode.

Have tried startup repair
    bootrec.exe with /rebuildbcd & /fixmbr & /fixboot
    chkdisk

I found this while searching the forum. Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums and tried it. on step 13 it said "The file sizes presented here are approximate estimations, and may vary depending on your system. If any one of them are 0 bytes, then you should stop what you're doing now and seek an alternative method of recovering your system, because Windows cannot function with a 0-byte size registry hive."

Of course everything was 0-byte.*Mad

I would assume its toast and I would need to do a clean install, or maybe a repair install or something else? Not sure what is the best action at this point. Need advice.

copiman, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Infinite loop attempting to restore installation, undoing changes+ microsoft account...

1. Infinite loop attempting to restore installation, undoing changes+ microsoft account... - Similar Threads - Infinite loop attempting

2. Undoing changes stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undoing changes stuck in a loop: Hi, Windows PC stuck in an undoing chnages loop. Have worked through the forums and attempted to repair the PC in recovery mode. When selecting repair/ uninstall etc in recovery mode advises couldnt repair PC. Also when asked for password details it did not recognise...
  3. Undoing changes stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undoing changes stuck in a loop: Hi, Windows PC stuck in an undoing chnages loop. Have worked through the forums and attempted to repair the PC in recovery mode. When selecting repair/ uninstall etc in recovery mode advises couldnt repair PC. Also when asked for password details it did not recognise...
  4. Undoing changes stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 not booting, restoring, resetting. Attempting to recover installation, undoing...

Windows 10 not booting, restoring, resetting. Attempting to recover installation, undoing...: Hi, Last night I was working on a very important project for my internship application process and windows decided it would be a good time to close out of everything I was working on and do a "Automatic Update", even thought the first thing I did when I build my computer was...
  6. Windows 10 attempting to recover update then undoing changes then restart and loops again

Windows 10 attempting to recover update then undoing changes then restart and loops again: Windows 10 attempting to recover update then undoing changes then restart and loops again And again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-attempting-to-recover-update-then/de7d84bc-49d7-467b-a3ce-9b739991c38f
  7. Undoing Changes Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Undoing Changes Loop: My computer is stuck in the "undoing changes loop" and will not boot at all. Keeps trying to boot then goes in a loop back to trying to open. I have tried powering off and on three times to get to the Advanced Repair with no success. Any suggestions on on to fix this issue....
  8. Undoing changes made loop

Undoing changes made loop: So yesterday my windows 10 updated on its own and when it's about 4%, I decided to close the laptop bcs I was at a cafe and it was late at night. I went to the toilet and left my laptop for a min, when I get back, the power light was off so I went home and sleep. Today when I...
  9. Windows infinite install loop

Windows infinite install loop: I am trying to install windows 10 on an ssd. I created the usb windows media tool to do so andmy pc is forced to restart then i am taken back to the the initial choose language screen after restarting. Here is my boot order. What do i need to do and change to stop this...
  10. Update/Undo changes loop while unable to use account password for system restore

Update/Undo changes loop while unable to use account password for system restore: I have a rather unique situation I’ve yet to find the answer to. When updating Windows 10 on my laptop (Dell XPS 15 9530) it enters a loop of trying to update, being unable to, and then undoing the changes. When it doesn’t do that it just keeps loading while it undoes the...