Windows 10: Infinite Repair loop?

Discus and support Infinite Repair loop? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running an ASUS Desktop M5A97R2.0, SSD. Whilst trying to install March 2019s update (1903 I think) my pc froze at 'Installing updates. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by P Kelly_758, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Infinite Repair loop?

Hi,

I'm running an ASUS Desktop M5A97R2.0, SSD.

Whilst trying to install March 2019s update (1903 I think) my pc froze at 'Installing updates. This might take over an hour' @1%.

after several hours of this I manually switched machine off and on again to be confronted by blue screen Critical Process Denied with no other options. PC then reset and booted to 'Repairing Drive' and the circling dots. It has been frozen like this ever since ( 5 days! ). It won't go to safe mode and my command prompt screen simply flickers once on every new boot and then returns to the ' repairing Drive ' screen. My local IT shop says I will probably need to do a fresh install of Win 10, losing all my software and settings. As a small business owner who runs everything from my Desktop this is a nightmare. Please help! Thanks

:)

P Kelly_758, Nov 5, 2019
  2. copiman Win User

Infinite Repair Loop

I have an HP 14-ac151nr laptop. It attempts to diagnose and repair but loops. Cannot access safemode.

Have tried startup repair
    bootrec.exe with /rebuildbcd & /fixmbr & /fixboot
    chkdisk

I found this while searching the forum. Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums and tried it. on step 13 it said "The file sizes presented here are approximate estimations, and may vary depending on your system. If any one of them are 0 bytes, then you should stop what you're doing now and seek an alternative method of recovering your system, because Windows cannot function with a 0-byte size registry hive."

Of course everything was 0-byte.*Mad

I would assume its toast and I would need to do a clean install, or maybe a repair install or something else? Not sure what is the best action at this point. Need advice.

copiman, Nov 5, 2019
  3. JohnC Win User
    Infinite loop of startup repair

Welcome to Ten Forums, Goonsoon. If your windows 10 is activated you can clean install it and it will automatically activate again. You may want to consider that if the situation is an infinite loop of startup repair. This is from the tutorial forum. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html . Just follow the steps, sometimes the only thing to do is start over.

JohnC, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Goonsoon Win User

Infinite Repair loop?

Infinite loop of startup repair

So i found a possible repair on fixing the current situation o the infinte loop from this fourm http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-recovery.html around step 13 it said"If any one of them are 0 bytes, then you should stop what you're doing now and seek an alternative method of recovering your system, because Windows cannot function with a 0-byte size registry hive ".i have 0 as my "RegBack" values and i can't find an alternate fix please help.

Goonsoon, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Infinite Repair loop?

1. Infinite Repair loop? - Similar Threads - Infinite Repair loop

2. Infinite repair loop on win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infinite repair loop on win 11: Hi, I was doing some work on my win 11 laptop when I noticed that the little popup with the network part wasn't working. So I restarted my computer. Then it wouldn't boot at all and told that there was an error in the SrtTrail.txt so I used startup repair but it brought me to...
  3. Automatic Repair / Infinite Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair / Infinite Boot Loop: Hello,I currently have a problem with a laptop having Windows 8.1. It tries to boot, but after loading for a bit it shows a error : , which disappears too fast to be able to read. Afterwards it goes automatically into the repair troubleshoot mode and then just goes into a...
  4. Automatic Repair / Infinite Boot Loop

Automatic Repair / Infinite Boot Loop: Hello,I currently have a problem with a laptop having Windows 8.1. It tries to boot, but after loading for a bit it shows a error : , which disappears too fast to be able to read. Afterwards it goes automatically into the repair troubleshoot mode and then just goes into a...
  5. Stuck in an infinite automatic repair loop

Stuck in an infinite automatic repair loop: My PC is stuck in an infinite automatic repair loop and I want to reset the PC but I don't remember the password.It doesn't have any other accounts registered except adminI've tried every possible password I could think of but it still doesn't work.Your help would mean a lot...
  6. Infinite automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infinite automatic repair loop: I got the error critical process died after I turned on my windows 10 pc after only two days. I have not recently installed anything new nor updated my windows voluntarily. I have looked through the forums for a few hours now and tried everything that was said to work but had...
  7. Infinite loop of "Preparing Automatic repair"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infinite loop of "Preparing Automatic repair": Hey so some stupid thing happened. I turned off my computer two days ago and when I went to it back on my computer would load and then go into "preparing automatic repair". After that it would continue into a black screen for the next hour and then eventually blue screen and...
  8. "Preparing Automatic Repair" infinite loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Preparing Automatic Repair" infinite loop: Hi all, I fresh installed Windows 10x64 in my new laptop. It was working flawlessly. The main drive is a Samsung EVO 960 Nvme. All I did was temporarily replace it with another SSD (I had to test it), and then reinstalled the EVO. Upon reinstalling it each time I power the...
  9. Infinite loop of startup repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Infinite loop of startup repair: So i found a possible repair on fixing the current situation o the infinte loop from this fourm http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-recovery.html around step 13 it said"If any one of them are 0 bytes, then you should stop what you're doing now and seek an alternative...
  10. Infinite Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Infinite Repair Loop: I have an HP 14-ac151nr laptop. It attempts to diagnose and repair but loops. Cannot access safemode. Have tried startup repair bootrec.exe with /rebuildbcd & /fixmbr & /fixboot chkdisk I found this while searching the forum. Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery -...