Windows 10: Infinite restart loop possibly fixed. Any other system checks needed?

Discus and support Infinite restart loop possibly fixed. Any other system checks needed? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everybody, Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809 Just need a little advice on a problem I just experienced with my PC. A few hours ago I had a good... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SilverScript, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Infinite restart loop possibly fixed. Any other system checks needed?

Hello everybody,

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809

Just need a little advice on a problem I just experienced with my PC. A few hours ago I had a good scare when my PC went into an infinite restart loop. I was changing my media players and started by uninstalling both MPC and VLC. I decided to restart before installing any new media players, but was faced with a restart loop afterwards. I would be able to log in like normal, but then a few seconds later the PC would automatically restart.

Preparing to go into Safe Mode, I turned off the PC when it was at the log in screen after the most current restart and
    also unplugged my external hard drive. I decided to let it boot up normally one more time before trying Safe Mode and then the restart loop went away! So, I don't know if shutting down the PC or unplugging the external HD fixed it, but it looks like whatever issues it was having were resolved. Afterwards, I restarted it numerous times, including with the external HD plugged in and everything worked fine, and continuous to do so.

My only concern now is if something is possibly corrupt with the system. I was debating whether I should do a system restore, but I also don't want to try and fix something that isn't broken. Is there any further investigation that is warranted? Any advice is welcome. Please let me know if any more info is needed.

Thanks!

:)

SilverScript, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Goonsoon Win User

Infinite loop of startup repair

So i found a possible repair on fixing the current situation o the infinte loop from this fourm http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-recovery.html around step 13 it said"If any one of them are 0 bytes, then you should stop what you're doing now and seek an alternative method of recovering your system, because Windows cannot function with a 0-byte size registry hive ".i have 0 as my "RegBack" values and i can't find an alternate fix please help.

Goonsoon, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Infinite restart loop

I tried reinstalling windows through a usb drive when it suddenly needed to recover and when I went through the process of installing it, my computer died, and now it's on a infinite restart loop saying this:

Install Windows

The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.

I press ok, it restarts, but it says the same thing again every time how can I fix this

DavidZapien, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Infinite restart loop possibly fixed. Any other system checks needed?

Lumia 635 in infinite restarting loop.

Need help to come out of infinite restarting loop on my Nokia Lumia 635.

RameshThakur, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Infinite restart loop possibly fixed. Any other system checks needed?

1. Infinite restart loop possibly fixed. Any other system checks needed? - Similar Threads - Infinite restart loop

2. Infinite restart without possibility to interrupt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infinite restart without possibility to interrupt: Hi,My laptop doesn't start up anymore. It stays in a loop where at a certain moment shortly a blue screen is shown stating there is a problem and error data will be collected, and right after that it repeats.No screen anymore to choose an option to resolve the problem. Also...
  3. Infinite restart without possibility to interrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infinite restart without possibility to interrupt: Hi,My laptop doesn't start up anymore. It stays in a loop where at a certain moment shortly a blue screen is shown stating there is a problem and error data will be collected, and right after that it repeats.No screen anymore to choose an option to resolve the problem. Also...
  4. My pc is stuck in an infinite restart loop. Need help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is stuck in an infinite restart loop. Need help!: My windows 11 asus prebuilt pc has started restarting constantly and being unable to start up. This happened after I had a memory overload issue with UE4 conpling a project. After also installing windows SDK and hard restarted my pc to fix it. It then kept saying “updates are...
  5. My pc is stuck in an infinite restart loop. Need help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is stuck in an infinite restart loop. Need help!: My windows 11 asus prebuilt pc has started restarting constantly and being unable to start up. This happened after I had a memory overload issue with UE4 conpling a project. After also installing windows SDK and hard restarted my pc to fix it. It then kept saying “updates are...
  6. Infinite restart loop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infinite restart loop.: Hello, I am hoping to get some help with this problem. My Windows 10 PC unexpectedly shut down while I was factory resetting the computer. This led to me having a red error which when clicking on "Continue" would go ahead and restart the computer bringing me to the same...
  7. Infinite restart loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Infinite restart loop: I decided to reset the pc and when I'm installing windows it got to 64 percent and started an endless loop of restarting only to go back to 64 and then restart. submitted by /u/Mayo0215 [link] [comments]...
  8. Stuck in an Infinite Restart Loop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in an Infinite Restart Loop.: While trying to remove a virus I turned the boot mode to Safe Mode(Network) after which i restarted my PC and was unable to log in with the same Password. I then Hit the MSI System Recovery which reinstalls Windows..Just to get rid of the virus completely. When my pc...
  9. Infinite Restarting Loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Infinite Restarting Loop: So yesterday after finishing an update I was repeatedly getting blue screens with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I proceed to look online find solutions but can't make any headway with the solutions found because the bluecreens happened to fast. My thought was "f**k...
  10. Infinite restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite restart loop: I tried reinstalling windows through a usb drive when it suddenly needed to recover and when I went through the process of installing it, my computer died, and now it's on a infinite restart loop saying this: Install Windows The computer restarted unexpectedly or...