Windows 10: infinite spinning dots on black logo screen - after windows 10 updates

Discus and support infinite spinning dots on black logo screen - after windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi - we have had some Windows 10 laptops that have had upstart issues after Windows 10 updates. After restart we see infinite spinning dots on black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FinnTB, Feb 27, 2019.

1. FinnTB Win User

infinite spinning dots on black logo screen - after windows 10 updates

Hi - we have had some Windows 10 laptops that have had upstart issues after Windows 10 updates.

After restart we see infinite spinning dots on black logo screen.

Some times you can succeed with system restore - of a restore point, and sometimes this is not available - unless it is setup.

This has happened over the last 2 month, when applying latest windows 10 updates on both Dell and Lenovo laptops.

Is there a general error with the latest updates?

BR Finn Bøgild

:)

FinnTB, Feb 27, 2019
  2. joe666666 Win User

Windows 10 stuck at Black Screen with Blue Windows Logo no spinning dots

Windows 10 stuck at Black Screen with Blue Windows Logo no spinning dots

joe666666, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Windows Won't Start - Infinite Spinning Circle of Dots

No power failures or electrical storms. No changes made to the system (though when I shut down four hours earlier, it took a bit longer than usual, leading me to believe that an automatic update may have been installed). Was there an automatic update pushed
    out on March 1st?

Yes, POST and BIOS appear to be fine. No warnings, beeps, or logged errors. The BIOS configuration appears to be unchanged. Drives are all recognized and the RAID 1 array shows both drives "functional."

Again, I cannot get to the recovery menu. All attempts to power up this machine end up at the infinite spinning dots.

Same thing with the Windows 10 installation DVD - spinning dots. I cannot get to the recovery menu or even re-install Windows.

There's not much more detail I can provide. It's always the same:

• Press the computer's power button
    • Computer displays routine startup BIOS status messages - no warnings; all SATA drives are recognized
    • Computer displays black screen with "Asus" logo and message at bottom of screen: "Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS setting."
    • Computer's USB keyboard and mouse are functional - I can press Del or F2 to enter BIOS
    • Computer displays RAID configuration with all drives status "functional"
    • Computer's USB keyboard and mouse are still functional - I can press Ctrl + I to enter RAID config utility
    • Black screen with "Asus" logo appears
    • Spinning dots appear under "Asus" logo
    • NumLock light on keyboard goes out
    • Pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del has no effect - keyboard appears to be non-functional
    • Nothing else happens - spinning dots keep spinning indefinitely

The only change to this routine is that every third reboot produces the "Preparing Automatic Repair" message in Step #7, underneath the "Asus" logo. Otherwise, everything is the same. The routine continues from Step #8 to Step #11.

And if I boot from my Windows 10 installation DVD, I'm given a message after Step #6: "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD....." Whether or not I press any keys, the routine continues without change from Step #7 to Step #11.

David_D_1138, Feb 27, 2019
  4. infinite spinning dots on black logo screen - after windows 10 updates

Windows 10 Stuck on logo screen with spinning dots

This suggestion isn't helpful at all. If I can't even get past the boot screen with spinning dots there is no way to access the recommended steps.

I have two Windows 10 computers. This afternoon I left my backup desktop at a repair shop because the screen goes black after I log in. They've seen this with quite a few Windows 10 computers. This evening my primary computer (laptop) won't get past the
    Microsoft logo screen.

Ive been using Windows computers for over 20 years and never encountered this level of difficulty until Windows 10!

SandyMcMahon, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

infinite spinning dots on black logo screen - after windows 10 updates

1. infinite spinning dots on black logo screen - after windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - infinite spinning dots

2. Windows Stuck on Infinite spinning dots after it showed manufacturers logo.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Stuck on Infinite spinning dots after it showed manufacturers logo.: My pc is stuck on the infinite spinning dots and I don't know how to fix it. I have tried to reset the pc but it needs the administrator's password but the password has changed. I need some guidance. I think some sort of malware is the cause of this and when they hacked my pc...
  3. Windows Stuck on Infinite spinning dots after it showed manufacturers logo.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Stuck on Infinite spinning dots after it showed manufacturers logo.: My pc is stuck on the infinite spinning dots and I don't know how to fix it. I have tried to reset the pc but it needs the administrator's password but the password has changed. I need some guidance. I think some sort of malware is the cause of this and when they hacked my pc...
  4. Windows Stuck on Infinite spinning dots after it showed manufacturers logo.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows logo during update, no spinning dots.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows logo during update, no spinning dots.: Hi, I tried updating from my current version 1605 I think to the latest one, launched in October. All went well until the pc restarted to finish the update. Now I'm looking at windows logo, without any spinning dots and u can hear the fans working. Any ideas? Shall I...
  6. Windows Black Screen After Spinning Dots & Logo

Windows Black Screen After Spinning Dots & Logo: Hi, My PC was working fine yesterday, but when I try to boot it up normally this morning, it would just get stuck on a black screen after the blue Microsoft logo and the spinning dots. I can successfully boot it into safe mode, and disconnected all the non-essential...
  7. black screen and spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen and spinning dots: I updated my two Windows 10 laptop and got an issue on both of them. At present when I am rebooting my PC, I see spinning circle on the black screen. I tried to restore the system but it didn’t help. Laptops are Dell and Lenovo. I updated to 1809 version...
  8. Windows 10 Stuck on Black Screen with Logo and Only Two Dots (dots stop spinning)

Windows 10 Stuck on Black Screen with Logo and Only Two Dots (dots stop spinning): Today was a bad day. I had to reformat my laptop. I was breezing through the normal factory reset options for Windows 10 when I was asked to enter in my password for WiFi as Windows had run into an issue and needed to do some kind of update before it continued. This is where...
  9. Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update: Hello! Yesterday I update my Windows and then it booted up correctly, no issues. I shut down my PC last night now I turned it on to work and it appears that it boots correctly but I see a black screen with the spinning dot on top or everything. I can log in and see the task...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck- Black Screen - Blue Logo - Spinning Dots

Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck- Black Screen - Blue Logo - Spinning Dots: Hi guys, I know there's many threads on this subject but none seem to answer it for me. System: i7 950 X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 16gb Ram GTX760. Pretty sure it's a Samsung 250gb SSD. So I upgraded W7 to W10 via iso. Install made it all the way. On reboot it's now suck...