Windows 10: Infite boot loop

Discus and support Infite boot loop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My system decided to force a Windows update (AGAIN), at the meantime I was at an important event in a game. The PC was updating for a few hours but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BecomeTheMeme, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Infite boot loop

My system decided to force a Windows update (AGAIN), at the meantime I was at an important event in a game. The PC was updating for a few hours but it was stuck at around 20% so I decided to restart the PC a few times until I could get back to Windows without an update.

Instead of getting to Windows I was greeted with a restart loop where it couldn't get me into Windows anymore.

I have a dual boot, the second system being Ubuntu 18.04 so every time I want to access Windows I have to go down with my arrow keys on a dual boot screen; WHICH IS A PAIN BECAUSE I CAN'T GET INTO SAFE MODE AS WELL!

I've tried restarting the PC 2/3 times while it was showing the Windows logo, I noticed a difference there as it didn't show any text while trying to restore a previous version of Win 10 but it still didn't get me to Safe Mode, it just keeps restarting over and over.

I've tried disconnecting all USB ports and an ethernet cable but still nothing.

Is there a way to fix this? The PC is old (Athlon x2 5000+, gt9600, 4gb ddr2 etc..) but never had this problem, noting that it often forced me the Windows update while in-game but I always managed to not get it by restarting the computer as it takes awfully long to update.

submitted by /u/BecomeTheMeme
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BecomeTheMeme, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Clark Ari Win User

Boot loop

Hi Terri,

This issue occurs when there are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To troubleshoot your boot loop issue, we suggest that you boot in
    safe mode through the Windows
    Recovery
    Environment option. To do this, follow these steps:

• Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo appears, unplug and replug the device. Perform these steps three times.
    • On the fourth instance, turn on your device without unplugging it. The Windows Recovery Environment window will appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advance options.
    • Click Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the F4 key to start your computer in
      safe mode.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Right-click the Start button, and then select
    Control Panel.

2. Search Control Panel for
    Recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open
    System Restore > Next.

4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic
    app, driver, or update, and then select
    Next > Finish.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Clark Ari, Jan 24, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 Repair Boot Loop

Hi Jed,

If your computer is stuck in a boot-loop state of Windows, it could mean that automatic repair isn't able to repair a corrupted or broken system file, but attempts to repair it over and over again. For us to assist you properly in resolving this boot-loop
    state, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the issue occur even after removing the USB wireless mouse?
    • Aside from running DISM, what other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Infite boot loop

Windows 10 Factory Reset Infinite Boot Loop

Hello,

As you are facing issue with Boot loop, I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps provided below:

• Go to the Microsoft software download website and create Windows 10
      installation media.
    • Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.

After the repair is complete, check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Infite boot loop

1. Infite boot loop - Similar Threads - Infite boot loop

2. Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Loop: I recently faced with the problem of getting out of the Windows Insider programme with my windows11 system being fresh and brand new but the main problem is when i enable All cores of my intel Core i3 1115g4 which has 2 cores and there was a guide to enable all cores...
  3. boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    boot loop: so basically.I decided to factory reset and while doing so it was stuck at a certain percentage for a very long time so I unplug and replugged it. once the computer turned back on it kept starting up and restarting itself before I could even get to the enter password bit....
  4. Boot Loop.

Boot Loop.: PC Name: HP Pavilion Product: P2-1105 Serial Number: MXU2010L5F Processor: Intel R Pentium R CPU G620T @ 2.20Ghz 4096 MB DDR3 1067 MHzI only got one monitor with no GPUTHE PC is probably 2010 ishwindows 10The monitor is A HP S2031The problem is that the when i turn on my pc...
  5. Boot loop

Boot loop: I am currently stuck in a boot loop, I've done the troubleshooting recommendations, but when I go to click command promotion it says to type in the user's password. I don't have a password, any help?...
  6. Boot loop

Boot loop: I’ve been told my computer is stuck in a boot loop. And the screen keeps blinking and I can keep it in long enough to do a crept alt det is there any other recommendations to fix this problem I’m on day two of this going on. Thanks George...
  7. BOOT LOOP!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BOOT LOOP!: do you have any suggestions? it starts out as me trying to get adobe animate on my disk but it had too much space tooken, so i found unused usb drive, so i tried downloading adobe animate on the usb and somewhat fused my usb into my hard drive and my downloads was my main...
  8. Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot Loop: I have a problem that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have a laptop that's been running fine, but yesterday, I noticed it was off (I usually have it running). When I tried turning it on, the screen comes up and says attempting automatic repairs, then the screen goes...
  9. Boot loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot loop: Hi everyone! After a factory reset, my HP 255 G3 Notebook PC is stuck in a boot loop - it shows the HP logo, a black screen, and then the cycle begins again. I can enter the BIOS with F2 and the "InsydeH2O Setup Utility" with F10, but I'm not sure what to do with...
  10. boot loop

in Windows 10 Support
    boot loop: hi my win 10 pc is in a boot loop its at the preparing automatic repair screen. cant do anything. I boot from my repair disk and system restore/fix pc/etc etc. none of them work. any fix I can try without having to reinstall windows 96188