Windows 10: info boot win 7/8 after installation win 10

Discus and support info boot win 7/8 after installation win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello everyone is from a year or so that I installed windows 10 and I no longer see at startup win 7 and win 8 despite being able to access from local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tig3r, Sep 12, 2020.

1. tig3r Win User

info boot win 7/8 after installation win 10

hello everyone is from a year or so that I installed windows 10 and I no longer see at startup win 7 and win 8 despite being able to access from local disk c to various folders and files, how can I return to access the previous systems?

ciao a tutti da un annetto circa che ho installato windows 10 e non vedo pi all' avvio win 7 e win 8 nonostante riesca ad accedere dal disco locale c alle varie cartelle e file, come posso tornare ad accedere ai sistemi precedenti?

:)

tig3r, Sep 12, 2020
  2. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Sep 12, 2020
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Win.10 won't boot after installing Win.7

Hi,

So i installed Win.10 via the UEFI and after installing Win.7 on Legacy Mode onto a different HDD i can't boot into Win.10 (I believe can only because Win.10 was installed via UEFI)

I tried installing the BCD Software but nope. I even tried to select my HDD but say Winload.exe error

Even tried going into the USB and try repairing but the same thing happens

rk3066, Sep 12, 2020
  4. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

Yes, it's called the Windows Technical Preview and you can get it here (ISO Download)

You'll have to sign up for a MS account using your email and a password.

I'm using it with a 480GB SSD as the OS drive and it ~does~ boot faster, much faster.
    I also have a new Win-7 build with a pair of 120GB SSDs in RAID that takes longer to boot.

RealNeil, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

1. info boot win 7/8 after installation win 10 - Similar Threads - info boot installation

2. Win 7 will not dual boot with Win 10 after mobo change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 7 will not dual boot with Win 10 after mobo change: This particular problem developed after the mobo change described under a different post "Wi7, Win 10, Win 11 triple boot". Since this is now a different issue, it seems appropriate to raise a new post. The following is the history of the situation :Ran into this problem...
  3. Repair Win 7 on Win 10/ Win 7 dual boot system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair Win 7 on Win 10/ Win 7 dual boot system: My RAM failed resulting in corruption of Win 7 installation. Now I cannot boot to Win 7 at all. I can create another partition to install Win 7, copy and create a new partition for the MBR now allocated 3.65GB to restore after reloading Win 7, or try something else. I'm not...
  4. info boot win 7/8 dopo installazione win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    info boot win 7/8 dopo installazione win 10: ciao a tutti da un annetto circa che ho installato windows 10 e non vedo pi all' avvio win 7 e win 8 nonostante riesca ad accedere dal disco locale c alle varie cartelle e file, come posso tornare ad accedere ai sistemi precedenti? 164282
  5. WIN 10 REGISTRY Compared to Win 7/8

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIN 10 REGISTRY Compared to Win 7/8: Hi, I have lots of Registry tweaks ( reg files ) from the win7/8 forums collected over the years. When I set up win 8, I noticed many of the win 7 reg settings were similar and worked in win 8, but a few did not, mainly to do with ui iirc. Now I want to use the...
  6. Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?: I have been under the impression that Win 10 may be like an upgrade so you don't have to re-install all your desktop programs. If it is a "refresh" what a pain *Sad If it is an upgrade will it kill Windows Media Center or might it actually survive to run in Win 10? 5917
  7. dual boot win 10/ win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dual boot win 10/ win 7: Hi, I have been tried to install win 7 64 bits on dual boot with win 10 64 bits already installed on my laptop but always failed. I've searched tutorials but didn't find complete ones .Most of the tutos are about installing win 10 over wind 7 on dual boot but not the...
  8. Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot

Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot: After reading many posts & reply's, I now think/understand that I cannot Dual Boot win 7 and win 10 using free Win 10, if I want to do that I must buy Win 10. Reason is the MS will not allow free Win 10 if I am still using Win 7. 1st I must update my win 7 with win 10...
  9. dual boot win 7 and win 10?

dual boot win 7 and win 10?: I currently have win10 on a partition. I have a second partition big enough for win7. Can I install win 7 on that partition. Will installing win7 result in a win7 style boot manager? If so, how to get the win 10 boot manager? One reason I want to do this, win7 has WMC...
  10. How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10?

How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10?: How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10? OK, maybe my title is confusing, but I am wondering if it is possible to first upgrade my present win 7 OS to win 10 than do a clean install of win 10, then dual boot with a fresh install of win 7 in a dual...