Windows 10: Information for Windows 10 App Developers from Microsoft

Discus and support Information for Windows 10 App Developers from Microsoft in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Information Description Developer Tools Download Download any Visual Studio skus, including VS 2015 Developer for Windows 10 - What's New Get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brink, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Information for Windows 10 App Developers from Microsoft

Brink, Aug 12, 2015

2. cant open other programs on lumia 535 after upgrade to windows 10 OS

Hi JeffChilapala,

Sounds like your issues are more with the individual apps than the operating system. If it is a Microsoft-provided app, please provide a list of the apps (e.g., OneDrive, Word, Excel, etc).

If not and they are 3rd party apps, meaning developed by people other than Microsoft, than you need to contact those app developers and request they update their apps. Windows 10 is different from Windows 8.x and they'll need to update their APIs and code.

Each app will usually have a section with information on how to contact the app developer(s). I usually check Help > About. Otherwise, you can sometimes find information in the Microsoft Store.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Aug 12, 2015
  3. David Haz Win User
    Wifi Smart Plugs and other Alexa and Google Home type automation outlets and home control gizmos

Hi Ray,

If you are unable to find an app from the Microsoft Store, it could be that the app isn't available in your country or region, or that the app is no longer available in the Store. For more information about unable to find an app from the Microsoft Store,
    kindly see I can't find or install an app from Microsoft Store.

Regarding your question about an app that is not working in Windows 10, it might be due to compatibility issues between the app and Windows 10. May we know if you have checked with the software developer's website if the app is compatible with Windows 10?
    Or, if there is a specific version of the app that is compatible with Windows 10?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

Information for Windows 10 App Developers from Microsoft

1. Information for Windows 10 App Developers from Microsoft - Similar Threads - Information App Developers

2. Development of the Microsoft Family App.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Development of the Microsoft Family App.: Microsoft Family Safety is a free parental control service for Microsoft Windows, part of the Windows Essentials service pack. The program allows users to set restrictions for children when browsing the Internet and provides parents to monitor their children's activities on...
  3. Development of the Microsoft Family App.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Development of the Microsoft Family App.: Microsoft Family Safety is a free parental control service for Microsoft Windows, part of the Windows Essentials service pack. The program allows users to set restrictions for children when browsing the Internet and provides parents to monitor their children's activities on...
  4. Switching from Developer Mode to Windows Store Apps not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching from Developer Mode to Windows Store Apps not working: Hi, I want to switch from Developer Mode to the common Windows Store App Mode, but any of the three possibilities to select in developer settings is greyed out. Developer Mode is currently active and I can configure the Developer mode as usual. Why can´t I switch the modes...
  5. #MSIgnite 2020: Microsoft making app development easier on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    #MSIgnite 2020: Microsoft making app development easier on Windows 10: Building great apps on Windows should be easier – no matter how your app is written. We want to ensure you have a path forward to make your apps better on Windows and we’re doing that with Project Reunion. We’re creating a unified app...
  6. Request to the Microsoft Windows Mail App Developers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Request to the Microsoft Windows Mail App Developers: I would like to make a request of the Microsoft Windows Mail App developers. I would like to ask them if they could update the Window Mail app settings or add a Sync protection measure. Recently, I have been getting over 200+ junk emails a day and some of it is getting...
  7. App Development Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Development Help: @Superfly I am looking to tap into your coding ability... I have this Batch File that exports the Hosts Drivers and then integrates them into Booted WinPE The problems are if more then 1 host OS if version of host OS is different then PE version (Win8.1 - Win10) if Arch of OS...
  8. Microsoft to deprioritize Office Mobile apps development for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to deprioritize Office Mobile apps development for Windows 10: Microsoft has been working on a number of different versions of its Office apps for Windows. Microsoft has a UWP version of Office apps called Word Mobile, Excel Mobile and PowerPoint. There’s also a Win32 version of the app that is updated regularly with new features. UWP...
  9. Windows Server for Developers: News from Microsoft Build 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server for Developers: News from Microsoft Build 2017: On behalf of the Windows Server team, I want to send a warm welcome to the thousands of developers who are joining us this week for the Microsoft Build Conference. It’s never been a more interesting time to be a developer, with new application models, patterns and frameworks...
  10. Windows 10 development.

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 development.: Dev Exclusive How Microsoft built, and is still building, Windows 10 Emil Protalinski August 13, 2015 9:20 AM Windows 10 for PCs arrived two weeks ago. Thankfully, we don’t need to wait years to say this will be a Microsoft operating system release like no other. The...