Windows 10: Information of drive errors for the future

Discus and support Information of drive errors for the future in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So recently I encountered a problem on my PC in which my audio would not work and I was unable to open most apps apart from a few options/settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AWtsn, Jul 5, 2019.

1. AWtsn Win User

Information of drive errors for the future

So recently I encountered a problem on my PC in which my audio would not work and I was unable to open most apps apart from a few options/settings apps. I then spotted the "Restart to repair driver errors" message so I proceeded to research how to fix it.

Nothing I tried fixed the issue, such as running CHKDSK or DISM and a restore to a previous point. After trying all of these I eventually gave in and sent it back to the company it was purchased from. They are currently fixing whatever was wrong with it so I don't have a problem anymore.

However, I need to know how to avoid this in the future. One day it was working fine, I turn it off, and the next it is completely unusable. Any information on a possible fix would also be appreciated however, I did try almost everything I found online. As mentioned above CHKDSK did absolutely nothing and both DISM and a restore to a previous point always failed. Not only that but both my Dell update and Windows update apps all failed whilst looking for updates. If it was a driver problem I don't think I had anyway of fixing it due to the update and device software constantly failing, as well as the inability to use any websites because no common apps(such as Chrome or Internet Explorer) would open.

How can I avoid all of this in the future?

Thanks

:)

AWtsn, Jul 5, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Information of drive errors for the future

little cat, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Information of drive errors for the future

1. Information of drive errors for the future - Similar Threads - Information drive errors

2. Best way for recovering internal drive's data in future?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best way for recovering internal drive's data in future?: There are options like creating a byte-to-byte backup of the drive for doing so. Which is the best option which I may not be knowing?Device name DESKTOP-IQARQM4 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable Device ID...
  3. Best way for recovering internal drive's data in future?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best way for recovering internal drive's data in future?: There are options like creating a byte-to-byte backup of the drive for doing so. Which is the best option which I may not be knowing?Device name DESKTOP-IQARQM4 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable Device ID...
  4. The write failed because the drive returned error information that could not be recovered...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The write failed because the drive returned error information that could not be recovered...: I am running Windows 10 Version 20H2. I have been getting this error message trying to create system repair discs on a CD media. Using a DVD media sometimes it works sometimes it don't. My DVD burner is a 3 years old Liteon iHAS324 F DVD rewriter manufactured 2017 which has...
  5. (Survey) Determining Longevity (lifespan) of Laptops to help inform future purchasing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Survey) Determining Longevity (lifespan) of Laptops to help inform future purchasing...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/perrytheplatypussy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jikj5x/survey_determining_longevity_lifespan_of_laptops/
  6. The future of windows

in Windows 10 Support
    The future of windows: As you all know almost every computer you buy these days will be Windows 10 as the os unless you have like a chromebook or a apple computer. So what do you think the future of Windows will be. Will it stay as windows ten forever or will there be like a Windows 11 or 12 down...
  7. Future of Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Future of Windows: Does anyone know what is happening to Windows 10 after support has ended? I recently heard Microsoft is no longer producing new versions of Windows after Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/future-of-windows/b9e75278-0afc-40d1-bc25-03dee63a2972
  8. EDITING EXTERNAL DRIVE INFORMATION

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EDITING EXTERNAL DRIVE INFORMATION: HAVE A 2 TB EXTERNAL DRIVE HOOKED UP TO MY DESKTOP. IT HAS MANY FILES FROM OTHER COMPUTERS ON IT THAT I NEED TO EDIT, BUT CAN'T SEAM TO GET RIGHTS TO ALTER ANY INFO EVEN THOUGH I'M THE ADMINISTRATOR. WENT THROUGH EVERYTHING I KNOW IE SECIUITY TABS, CLAIMING OWNERSHIP AND ON...
  9. In the Near Future...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In the Near Future...: A NEW THING is coming to Windows 10! Free Klondike Bars with every Upgrade!!! [ATTACH] OK. I lied. What IS coming, though, is almost as exciting! A Whole New Way to REINSTALL Windows when things get weird! [ATTACH] What can the Insiders here tell us about this???...
  10. Cortana and Future?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and Future?: recently I read more about Cortana in random websites and according to them she is still in beta phase /alpha phase in certain regions and it's still not available for most of regions, Cortana analyzes the way we type, our voices and the data in our PC and sends them to...