Windows 10: Informed Choice of Time to Update

Discus and support Informed Choice of Time to Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Call me silly, but did Microsoft ever think that when you seek to restart a user's computer and you (generously?) offer the user to choose a time that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeoffChappell, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Informed Choice of Time to Update

Call me silly, but did Microsoft ever think that when you seek to restart a user's computer and you (generously?) offer the user to choose a time that suits them you might get a better reaction if you at least try to inform with an estimate of how _much_ time you want to take their computer out of use?

These updates take anywhere from minutes to hour. There's a world of difference between an update that will be over and done with in the time it takes for a coffee break and one that chugs away for an hour - starting without even attempting to show any indicator of progress. Get caught once by the latter and the unsurprising result is that you never risk that any time is ever suitable and that Microsoft's disregard for its users' sense of owning their own computers runs way too deep. C'mon, you can surely do better.

:)

GeoffChappell, Aug 20, 2019

2. when a big update in win 10 or win 10 pro comes, ... i will have choice to backup PC after apply update...?

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Do you want to back up the previous Operating system?

Yes you have the choice to take back up your operating system any time after update in Windows 10.

Follow the below steps to check how to take a backup.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Control panel.
    • Change the category to Large Icons and Select back up my PC.
    • Select set the backup drive.
    • Follow the on screen steps.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 20, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Informed Choice of Time to Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 20, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Informed Choice of Time to Update

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Informed Choice of Time to Update

1. Informed Choice of Time to Update - Similar Threads - Informed Choice Update

2. Update stuck package date and time information is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update stuck package date and time information is incorrect: Update Stack Package - Version 922.415.111.0 We couldn't install updates because there's a problem with the date and time information on your device. Make sure your date, time, and time zone settings are correct and we'll try again later..Plz offer a solutionEdition Windows...
  3. Update stuck package date and time information is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update stuck package date and time information is incorrect: Update Stack Package - Version 922.415.111.0 We couldn't install updates because there's a problem with the date and time information on your device. Make sure your date, time, and time zone settings are correct and we'll try again later..Plz offer a solutionEdition Windows...
  4. What is the time zone for Windows Update information?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the time zone for Windows Update information?: I'm trying to figure out exactly what time certain Windows Updates are happening.When I select "Learn more" and it takes me here, the following is listed:Latest security intelligence updateThe latest security intelligence update is:Version: 1.369.395.0Engine Version:...
  5. What is the time zone for Windows Update information?

What is the time zone for Windows Update information?: I'm trying to figure out exactly what time certain Windows Updates are happening.When I select "Learn more" and it takes me here, the following is listed:Latest security intelligence updateThe latest security intelligence update is:Version: 1.369.395.0Engine Version:...
  6. Information of update

Information of update: Please tell me how much data and time is taken to update windows 10 version 1803 to version 21H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/information-of-update/fae7545f-0d40-474c-9b9a-119347cf97d8
  7. Information of update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Information of update: Please tell me how much data and time is taken to update windows 10 version 1803 to version 21H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/information-of-update/fae7545f-0d40-474c-9b9a-119347cf97d8
  8. Information for this update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Information for this update: Can anyone tell me information about this update because I could not find anything on the web and no discussions were made on this update. It is 'NVIDIA - Display - 27.21.14.5241' [ATTACH]...
  9. problem with the date and time information

problem with the date and time information: Dear sirs, During update was received message: "We couldn't install updates because there's a problem with the date and time information on your device. " But the date and time update is set automatically and correct. Please advice. Sincerely, Garmel, Igor...
  10. popup Date and Time Information

popup Date and Time Information: Is there any way to create a shortcut for the Date and Time Information window, which pops-up when you click on the date & time on the taskbar? I had an autokey for this in windows 8.1 but it doesn’t work with windows 10 Thank you… 11680