Windows 10: Infos on how to install an update patch manually (.cab file)

Discus and support Infos on how to install an update patch manually (.cab file) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I need help on how to install manually a patch which seems to be quite essential to upgrade my 16gb tablet to the 1511 build of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Reverend Emi, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Infos on how to install an update patch manually (.cab file)

Hello everybody,

I need help on how to install manually a patch which seems to be quite essential to upgrade my
    16gb tablet to the 1511 build of windows 10:

the patch is KB3124260 and I downloaded manually the .cab file from the official support site, but I have
    no experience about this, and no clue on how to install it. Is there any tool or script available?

thank you very much in advance! *Smile

:)

Reverend Emi, Jan 20, 2016
  2. *Southie* Win User

If Your Windows Anniversary Freezes ---- this is what you need to do! There's Help!

I found one that will repair it ... manually downloading the KB's and applying the patches...

What the WINDOWS UPDATE was doing....

TRYING TO INSTALL A X86 ON A X64 OS! IT SHOULD BE DOWNLOADING A X86 FOR X86/X64 BIT... IT WILL NOT WORK FOR A X64 x X64!

ONE SHOULD MANUALLY DOWNLOAD THE PROPER KB ASSIGNED FOR THEIR OPERATING SYSTEM CONFIGURATIONS!

FOLKS - HERE'S YOUR ANSWER:

If your device or PC (does not apply to Phone! That download isn't available yet):

If your mobile or PC runs on (installed 7 / 8 turned to 8.1 / 8.1 / 10: via x86 version...

Runs primarily x86 / Both x86 and x64 .... DOWNLOAD THE X86 MSU PATCH (ES)

If your mobile or PC runs on (installed 7 / 8 turned to 8.1 / 8.1 / 10: via x64 version

(*note: even if x86 runs)

Runs on 64 Bit Only - DOWNLOAD THE X64 MSU PATCH (ES)

Also to keep in handy is using the Windows Troubleshooter and/or download the cab file for Windows to start/stop/restore services (VIP! Don't do this manually even if you know how, the Microsoft cab file will correct this issue where SFC / Scannow or DISM
    - including manual mode will NOT!!)

Try it - it works!

(Will let Moderators install link for the MSU Patches and the Cab files to this post)

*Southie*, Jan 20, 2016
  3. Clock loses and hour on Samsung Jack WM 6.5

The patch was installed by ActiveSync thru your desktop PC per the steps outlined above (as opposed to manually installing a CAB file with the patch), correct?

- David A. Matson

Moderator, Windows Mobile phone Forums

Product Reviewer, Blogger, Moderator www.mobilitysite.com

David A Matson, Jan 20, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

Infos on how to install an update patch manually (.cab file)

You can install a .cab file using DISM like this from an elevated command prompt (you'll need to update the path in red..) Code: DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:c:\temp\<whatever path>\KB3124260-x64.cab[/quote] It should however install automatically anyway (according to the release notes) so do check windows update first.

5. cereberus Win User
    Nice one.

This has been a major pain for people upgrading to 10586 on 16GB and even 32GB tablets.

cereberus, Jan 20, 2016
  6. It should however install automatically anyway (according to the release notes) so do check windows update first.[/quote] Thanks very much for the tip, I'll try later. *Smile If by "automatically", you mean that it should have already arrived through windows update, I checked the list - my tablet is brand new - and there is no trace of this patch in the few updates downloaded so far... I can't really say whether it is already installed or not!

Reverend Emi, Jan 20, 2016
  7. lx07 Win User
    If it isn't in the Windows update list I'd install it. It looks like it is pretty much essential for small tablets as you said and it doesn't have any prerequisites.

8. Infos on how to install an update patch manually (.cab file)

Ok, I just tried. Entered the code with the appropriate path, but all I see is a very very brief DOS-like screen window, simply too fast to read anything. How can I check if the update has been installed or not? The list in windows update doesn't show it. *Shock

Reverend Emi, Jan 22, 2016
  9. lx07 Win User
    You need to open and elevated command prompt window (Elevated Command Prompt - Open in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums) then type/copy in the command. The Window will stay open after (and say if it worked or not and why).

You should see it in Control Panel > Programs and Features > View Installed Updates

(perhaps it isn't shown in the new windows update app screen).

10. Ok, solved the elevated command thing. Thanks! But unfortunately, it says me there's been an error while trying to open the package: precisely, error 0x80070003.
    As downloaded from the official website, the update comes in a folder with a .cab file. Should I do anything with it before?

Reverend Emi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Infos on how to install an update patch manually (.cab file)

1. Infos on how to install an update patch manually (.cab file) - Similar Threads - Infos install update

2. Manual update using DISM: works for MSU files, fails for CAB files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manual update using DISM: works for MSU files, fails for CAB files: My Windows 11 install is for some reason disabling the entire USB system, even though everything works when booting from a USB. Using DriverQuery, I confirmed that the new desktop has all the drivers that are working normally when booting from USB though the drivers for the...
  3. Manual update using DISM: works for MSU files, fails for CAB files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manual update using DISM: works for MSU files, fails for CAB files: My Windows 11 install is for some reason disabling the entire USB system, even though everything works when booting from a USB. Using DriverQuery, I confirmed that the new desktop has all the drivers that are working normally when booting from USB though the drivers for the...
  4. DirectX installing CAB file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX installing CAB file: Hello. My name is Nicat. When I want to open and download directX dxwebsetup.exe then i recive a pop up.How i can fix this problem? I found the directX packaxe and i will opened it and extrat it. But i can't fix this. Extract- "C: > New > DirectX...
  5. DirectX installing CAB file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX installing CAB file: Hello. My name is Nicat. When I want to open and download directX dxwebsetup.exe then i recive a pop up.How i can fix this problem? I found the directX packaxe and i will opened it and extrat it. But i can't fix this. Extract- "C: > New > DirectX...
  6. How to manual install updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to manual install updates?: My pc is locking into a perpetual update screen when restarting my pc. It will go through a couple rounds of listing a percentage, then almost like a circle of death, the load screen will show a spinning circle for over an hour with no percentage listed. I'm in my third round...
  7. Installing update cab file

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing update cab file: Hello, I am trying to install an update in .cab format, "KB4519337". Searched the net how to install such update, and whatever I did, the answer was an error "could not find or open the file". Renamed the file's name to be a short name, copies it to C folder, always could not...
  8. Updating laptop manually with CAB files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating laptop manually with CAB files: Hi all I have a problem that I am hoping that you can assist me with. Background: My company has laptops that are used in an environment that is not connected to the internet, and I am trying to perform updates to the said laptops. When I am trying to update any .cab file...
  9. How to install updates manually?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install updates manually?: I have started Windows 1809 update. But the internet connection was quite slow so I shutdown my system at 48% (downloaded). But when I have turned on my system to continue downloading, it says "You're up to date".[ATTACH] But when I checked the update history it shows...
  10. Windows 10 update cab file Installer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update cab file Installer.: Problems with Windows 10 Updates are an ongoing issue now. and the possible solution to overcome this is by downloading the updates manually from the Microsoft®Update Catalog or using tools like WHDownloader (formerly Windows Hotfix Downloader) The issue is that some...