Windows 10: infrared enabled and sending files to unrecognized C drive

Discus and support infrared enabled and sending files to unrecognized C drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was recently hacked and ended up buying a new computer. Let's just say I suspect it was done by from nearby. Now I have a new HP Laptop that doesn't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tiredofthe game, Oct 1, 2019.

1. infrared enabled and sending files to unrecognized C drive

I was recently hacked and ended up buying a new computer. Let's just say I suspect it was done by from nearby. Now I have a new HP Laptop that doesn't even have an infrared port (that I can see), although it does have Bluetooth. Anyway, in the control panel it shows an infrared device and was enabled to send files to C:\Users\17573\Desktop. Going to my desktop and using the pulldown, I see that everything from pictures to documents is included. Meanwhile there is (separately) a ''public'' folder. I'm from the generation that took ''typing'' in high school, and I apologize if this all is really nothing. But since I seem unable to disable or remove ''infrared'' (which doesn't even seem to be listed under apps., or devices etc., (and having just had one computer ruined), I'd surely be very grateful for any insight some ''Good Samaritan'' might share. Thank you.

:)

tiredofthe game, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Defragment and Optimize Drives Problem

Hi Edward,

Based on the details you have provided, your C drive was unrecognized by the system. We suggest that you run these
    commands and see if there are any changes:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      the following commands:

• To fix any logical file errors:

• Chkdsk C: /f /r

• To defrag your Drive C manually:

• Defrag C: /D /U

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

infrared enabled and sending files to unrecognized C drive

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

infrared enabled and sending files to unrecognized C drive

1. infrared enabled and sending files to unrecognized C drive - Similar Threads - infrared enabled sending

2. C:\$Window.~BT\ files to send in?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C:\$Window.~BT\ files to send in?: how do you get these files? where/how do you send them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cwindowbt-files-to-send-in/64673b14-efd1-45e0-9c4f-edba5df5ff63
  3. Unrecognized Hard Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unrecognized Hard Drive Partition: So I went to defrag my drives the other day and saw this new volume that I'm not sure about. Does anyone have any info as to what this might be? I have system recovery disabled and I tried wiping the restore points thinking it was something like that but it's still in my...
  4. Unrecognized external Hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unrecognized external Hard drive: I have a 4TB hard drive that was previously setup in a Shuttle OMNINAS KD20 NAS with another 4Tb drive. In the NAS they were setup as JBOD. One day you could see the files on the drives, the next day you couldn't. I pulled both drives and attempted to recover the files using...
  5. Infrared not recognized

Infrared not recognized: Upgraded to Windows 10 ver 1903 and the infrared device is not working. Got this: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)...
  6. infrared transmission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    infrared transmission: howto…? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/infrared-transmission/21840481-cecc-430e-abdf-c17bf8830982
  7. Unrecognized disk drive

Unrecognized disk drive: Hello I have a strange problem : one of my disks has 2 partitions (G: and H:) When I look at Disk Management, they are both displayed but I can only open H: I get a "refused access" when I try to open G: I open a comman windows as administrator - There I can access G:, list...
  8. Unrecognized disk drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unrecognized disk drive: Hello I have a strange problem : one of my disks has 2 partitions (G: and H:) When I look at Disk Management, they are both displayed but I can only open H: I get a "refused access" when I try to open G: I open a comman windows as administrator - There I can access G:, list...
  9. W10 Unrecognized C:\Users Folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 Unrecognized C:\Users Folder: This is a problem with multiple levels I think, so I'm trying to isolate them one by one... I have a backup computer on my network (running latest W10 update), and under C:\Users there is a folder (call it Joe). However, when I run "net user" on the command line it doesn't...
  10. Enabling Irda in Windows 10 (Infrared Remote Control)

Enabling Irda in Windows 10 (Infrared Remote Control): I have an Infrared Remote originally designed to use with Windows 7 MCE. Only recently I noticed that it had stopped working and so I started some research on the web to find the solution. To cut a long story short I found this technical article which appeared to be the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. irda infrared windows 10

2. windows 10 irda fix

3. how to install irda stack through powershell