Windows 10: Infrared not working (code 19) after latest windows10 August 2019 update

Discus and support Infrared not working (code 19) after latest windows10 August 2019 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My infrared has stopped working since installing the latest August 2019 Windows10 update. I see a code 19 when checking this device in the control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Keyportnj1, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Infrared not working (code 19) after latest windows10 August 2019 update

My infrared has stopped working since installing the latest August 2019 Windows10 update. I see a code 19 when checking this device in the control panel. Please advise. Thank you..

:)

Keyportnj1, Aug 31, 2019

2. Radio Switch Device Error Code 19

Hi Kara,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused, and appreciate the steps you have taken so far to fix this issue.

The error code 19 describes that, Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.

Recommended resolution

• Uninstall and reinstall the driver.
    • Revert to the most recent successful registry configuration.
    Before we could reset the computer to factory settings, I suggest you to refer to the below article and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested for error code 19.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123#bookmark-19

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are happy to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Windows 10 August 19 update

The only option it gives me is to restore to before August 25, which is when Geek Squad reinstalled the update. Will this restore point not simply take me back to the August 19 update, which is where the problem started?

WilliamJenkins3, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Infrared not working (code 19) after latest windows10 August 2019 update

Microsoft August 2019 Security Updates

August 2019 Security Updates

Release Date: August 13, 2019

The August security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Microsoft Windows
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Edge
    • ChakraCore
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • Visual Studio
    • Online Services
    • Active Directory
    • Microsoft Dynamics
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever
      a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft
      Update Catalog
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    • Starting in May 2019, Internet Explorer 11 is available on Windows Server 2012. This configuration is present only in the IE Cumulative package.
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for this release.

Known Issues

[table][tr][td]4511553[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1809, Windows Server 2019[/td][/tr][tr][td]4511872[/td][td]Internet Explorer[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512476[/td][td]Windows Server 2008 SP2 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512482[/td][td]Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512486[/td][td]Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512488[/td][td]Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512489[/td][td]Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512491[/td][td]Windows Server 2008 SP2 (Security-only Update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512497[/td][td]Windows 10[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512501[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1803, Windows Server version 1803[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512506[/td][td]Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512507[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1703[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512508[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1903, Windows Server version 1903[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512516[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1709[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512517[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016[/td][/tr][tr][td]4512518[/td][td]Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][/table]

NICK ADSL UK, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Infrared not working (code 19) after latest windows10 August 2019 update

1. Infrared not working (code 19) after latest windows10 August 2019 update - Similar Threads - Infrared working code

2. My laptop has a code 19 error after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has a code 19 error after latest update: I am wondering how to fix this code 19 error. It appeared after an update and I can not get the keyboard to work. I have tried to uninstall the latest update but it will not uninstall. Is there any way to fix this? I use my laptop for work and need it back asap!Thanks!...
  3. Printer Issues after latest Windows10 Update September 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer Issues after latest Windows10 Update September 2019: I installed the latest Windows 10 update and for some reasons all the printers (even the windows PDF printer) are disappeared. Now it does not let me install any printer whatsoever. Is there a solution for that?...
  4. After an update from August 2019 taskbar not working correct

After an update from August 2019 taskbar not working correct: The taskbar search is not working, icon shown but nothing happens on click. Left click on program icons not working, can't start program second time or as administrator. The popup menu on the network icon is not working, so I can't make an VPN connection. In august I did...
  5. Windows Update August 19

Windows Update August 19: This update has become a nightmare. The operating system on my laptop appears to have reverted to an initial installation of Windows 10. Windows update troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem. All my calendars were deselected in my outlook calendar. The apps...
  6. Windows 10 August 19 update

Windows 10 August 19 update: I am having significant issues with my Windows 10 August 19 update. For starters it corrupted my NordVPN drivers which had to be erased and reinstalled. That issue is resolved. The other problem has not been. The system now crashes every 20-40 minutes with an error...
  7. Windows 10 Latest Update (19/08/2019)(18/08/2019)

Windows 10 Latest Update (19/08/2019)(18/08/2019): As of this point in time, i have just spent 2 hours installing new sound drivers, reverting whatever this update has done to my taskbar and personalized settings, and even internet settings. I've always felt pretty sketch about windows 10, and this update even more so. I...
  8. Update August 18 - 19

Update August 18 - 19: the download finished August 19 for Windows 10 has completed and now all my apps are non functional - Mail, Notepadx, Calendar, Todo and Microsoft News. I am being advised that I need to download a new app to refresh/update the existing and the microsoft store is also an app...
  9. Windows 10 Latest Update - August 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Latest Update - August 2019: My PC has just updated itself to the latest Version of Windows 10 (automatic process). This has caused me a number of problems which I cannot fix, can someone advise please: All the apps on the start menu do not work, ie weather, calculator, windows store etc; When apps...
  10. InfraRed driver not working after 1803 update

InfraRed driver not working after 1803 update: Hi I have a Scubapro Galileo dive computer which connects to software running in windows. It all worked great until the 1803 update now, although it recognizes the infrared device when I plug it in, it doesn't work. Looking in the Device Manager it says that the driver is...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Code 19 INFRARED