Windows 10: Infrequent BSoD BAD_POOL_CALLER

Discus and support Infrequent BSoD BAD_POOL_CALLER in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I built my PC 12 days ago. I have two issues left after doing everything I knew until now. One is a BSoD/crash BAD_POOL_CALLER that happens ...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IEatLouis, Sep 24, 2019.

1. IEatLouis Win User

Infrequent BSoD BAD_POOL_CALLER

Hi, I built my PC 12 days ago. I have two issues left after doing everything I knew until now.

One is a BSoD/crash BAD_POOL_CALLER that happens ... sometimes. 5 days ago, 3 days ago and yesterday. One was while I was watching a low-res video in my browser and another was while playing a fairly taxing game (for my GPU anyway).
    The other issue I still have is a similarly infrequent screen flicker. Sometimes it happens thrice a minute and sometimes I don't see it at all for an hour. This one doesn't seem to be particularly tied to the load of my system either... I don't know if this one is connected to the BSoD, but I wanted to provide the info in case it is.

I still have hopes that both of these are driver issues/conflicts, and I would like to request your help with this. I included the minidumps that came with the 3 BSoDs in question.
    Oh, and I already ran memtest86 over my RAM for a couple hours and nothing turned up there. My BIOS is also up to date.

I included the zip collected by v2 log collector and I also separately included the minidumps created by the BSoDs in question(didn't know if they'd be in the bunch).

If it really is a hardware issue, it'd be cool to know what causes the problem so I can send only the part that causes issues back and not all of them :/

:)

IEatLouis, Sep 24, 2019
  2. IEatLouis Win User

Hi, I built my PC 12 days ago. I have two issues left after doing everything I knew until now.

One is a BSoD/crash BAD_POOL_CALLER that happens ... sometimes. 5 days ago, 3 days ago and yesterday. One was while I was watching a low-res video in my browser and another was while playing a fairly taxing game (for my GPU anyway).
    The other issue I still have is a similarly infrequent screen flicker. Sometimes it happens thrice a minute and sometimes I don't see it at all for an hour. This one doesn't seem to be particularly tied to the load of my system either... I don't know if this one is connected to the BSoD, but I wanted to provide the info in case it is.

I still have hopes that both of these are driver issues/conflicts, and I would like to request your help with this. I included the minidumps that came with the 3 BSoDs in question.
    Oh, and I already ran memtest86 over my RAM for a couple hours and nothing turned up there. My BIOS is also up to date.

I included the zip collected by v2 log collector and I also separately included the minidumps created by the BSoDs in question(didn't know if they'd be in the bunch).

If it really is a hardware issue, it'd be cool to know what causes the problem so I can send only the part that causes issues back and not all of them :/

IEatLouis, Sep 24, 2019
  3. AllanP Win User
    Bad_Pool_Caller

I have read quite a few "Bad_Pool_Caller" posts and none that I've read have been any help. It really is getting frustrating; as many as three times in a day. I've tried safe mode, but couldn't figure anything from that. In fact as I write here I'm expecting a crash. Jeez this really is a backward step. I don't remember windows 3 crashing like this with no explanation as to what is causing the crash. I have a Dell Studio 1747 laptop (six years old now). I installed a 240GB SSD drive a week or so ago. I can't remember if I had these BSOD's with the old drive. I've attached the suggested system file from previous posts. I notice ads to repair this problem, but hesitate to try them; any suggestions on that.

Thanks, Allan

AllanP, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Infrequent BSoD BAD_POOL_CALLER

BAD_POOL_CALLER x000000c2 bsod in WIndows 10

Hello Ali,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with error
    BAD_POOL_CALLER x000000c2 in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

The BAD_POOL_CALLER bug check has a value of 0x000000C2. This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request.

Blue screens (BSOD) is mostly occur due to hardware and sometimes due to incompatible software. In a lot of cases it is a corrupted driver or a driver conflict. The most common causes of blue screens are overheating, faulty RAM, video card problem
    and BIOS.

We suggest you to follow the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Infrequent BSoD BAD_POOL_CALLER - Similar Threads - Infrequent BSoD BAD_POOL_CALLER

2. Infrequent BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infrequent BSODs: Over the past year I've been getting infrequent BSOD crashes, about one a day. It happens both when my PC is under load and when it's idle. I've seen 10+ different BSOD messages, and the task "causing" the crash is never the same, so I can't really find a pattern. Sometimes...
  3. Infrequent BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infrequent BSODs: Over the past year I've been getting infrequent BSOD crashes, about one a day. It happens both when my PC is under load and when it's idle. I've seen 10+ different BSOD messages, and the task "causing" the crash is never the same, so I can't really find a pattern. Sometimes...
  4. Infrequent BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD - BAD_POOL_CALLER

BSOD - BAD_POOL_CALLER: Hello, I've been experiencing some troubles using my computer. The main problem is: it's crashing every single hour of use with the BSOD (Bug Check String: BAD_POOL_CALLER). I've used BlueScreenView to check more details about the crash. Also, I've followed some procedures,...
  6. BSOD - Bad_Pool_Caller

BSOD - Bad_Pool_Caller: Hello Community :) I am new here, so I don't know if I am exactly right here. Since a couple of weeks I am having issues with getting a bluescreen that says: "BAD_POOL_CALLER" around every 2 days. I have the minidump file + the systeminfo file. Where do I upload it so you...
  7. Bsod bad_pool_caller

Bsod bad_pool_caller: About every two weeks, I get a BSOD with error BAD_POOL_CALLER when browsing the internet with Firefox. Attached is the DM Log. Attachment 73788Attachment 73788 Thanks for your assistance. Joe LaPointe 46638
  8. Bad_pool_caller bsod

Bad_pool_caller bsod: Hello, I have gotten a this BSOD a couple of times, sort of back to back. Both times I was just browsing the web at the time. I should also add that I am currently also having problems updating my Windows as well but I'm not sure if these are connected. 51517
  9. Bsod - bad_pool_caller

Bsod - bad_pool_caller: Greets. First time ever I hear of this particular error code. As per instructions I include the debug zip used with your tool. I have also made an UNGINE Heaven Benchmark and have the result should it be needed. The BSOD happened while playing Lord of The Rings Online...
  10. bsod bad_pool_caller

bsod bad_pool_caller: have been having very very frequent bsod with the error bad_pool_caller. i'm not sure what details to add, but lmk. thanks. 32419