Windows 10: Infrequent crashing over the last few days - possible graphics card related but unsure....

Discus and support Infrequent crashing over the last few days - possible graphics card related but unsure.... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Over the past few days I've been having random crashes, which have been occurring when playing League of Legends. It seems to me that it is perhaps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NathanChadwick1, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Infrequent crashing over the last few days - possible graphics card related but unsure....

Over the past few days I've been having random crashes, which have been occurring when playing League of Legends. It seems to me that it is perhaps something to do with when an application is 'full screen'.

There are two types of behaviours exhibited when these crashes occur, one is a complete loss of functionality, with my two monitors going all pixelated and multi-coloured in rainbow colours. And the second is that the screens will freeze completely, but it's like everything in the background is still running, such as music playing and voice comms etc.

I thought initially it might be due to Nvidia drivers being out of date and i'd also read about Razer peripherals causing problems, but I updated these yesterday and everything seemed to be running fine. Over previous days I've seen 'Hardware failure' in Reliability Monitor but since updating these drivers I haven't seen any hardware failures, but simply rather a 'Windows stopped working' event.

If anybody can assist I would appreciate that greatly.

Infrequent crashing over the last few days - possible graphics card related but unsure.... c226366c-a243-49a3-b612-3e83e05d9bf9?upload=true.png Infrequent crashing over the last few days - possible graphics card related but unsure.... 7ed4b92b-376f-42aa-8789-fe9cef838b22?upload=true.png Infrequent crashing over the last few days - possible graphics card related but unsure.... b7aa2fe5-cd05-4b4d-a996-0b211a6c8a39?upload=true.png Infrequent crashing over the last few days - possible graphics card related but unsure.... ac9b31bf-2c89-4661-a36b-0f6618700b81?upload=true.png Infrequent crashing over the last few days - possible graphics card related but unsure.... 03e37f00-1c6a-414e-8888-1ec1137a18b9?upload=true.png

:)

NathanChadwick1, Dec 3, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Dec 3, 2019
  3. graphic card

Hi,

There is a possibility that the application you're trying to download is not compatible with the hardware that you have. We suggest that you check the system requirements of the chat application, then see if your device is capable of running the it.

To check the Graphics card information on your device, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • On the Run box, type msinfo32 then hit Enter key.
    • On the System Information window, click on Components → Display.

Should you need further assistance, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Infrequent crashing over the last few days - possible graphics card related but unsure....

Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Infrequent crashing over the last few days - possible graphics card related but unsure....

1. Infrequent crashing over the last few days - possible graphics card related but unsure.... - Similar Threads - Infrequent crashing last

2. Mutliple BSOD over the last few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mutliple BSOD over the last few days: After checking the event viewer after a BSOD I see this error that I posted below not sure what it means exactly can anyone help? Using Windows 10 The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c4 (0x0000000000000083, 0x0000000018118000,...
  3. Been crashing for the last few days

Been crashing for the last few days: Hi there, I've been crashing a bunch for the last few days, starting on the 13th. I believe it started with an update I did right before I updated to the feature update version 2004, or maybe with the update to 2004 itself. I actually crashed 4 times in one day, then 2 the...
  4. Constant Windows Crash Over The Last Couple Days

Constant Windows Crash Over The Last Couple Days: Over the last few days my PC constantly crashes.... I am the only person who uses it and I haven't made any changes for a while now. Just trying to see if anyone else has been experiencing the same problem and knows a fix or anything that will help at all. Appreciate it in...
  5. HUGE fps problems occuring over the last few days.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HUGE fps problems occuring over the last few days.: SPECS: XPS 15 9570 Dedicated GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 1050ti with Max-q Design Integrated GPU: IntelR UHD Graphics 630 i7-8750H CPU 512GB 16GB RAM My problems are very similar to the ones outlined in this post same laptop, same specs, problems occured in the same month:...
  6. BSOD over the last few days

BSOD over the last few days: I've noticed that over the last few days my machine has been crashing randomly. This machine is fairly static, software is very rarely added. It's mainly just Windows Updates. Any idea where to start?...
  7. Graphics Card Related BSOD

Graphics Card Related BSOD: Hello, For awhile now, I have been trying to find the cause of a number of BSOD errors I'm getting. This issue is definitely tied to my graphics card. I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 card and also an Nvidea GeForce GT 650M card. The BSOD error messages I am...
  8. Multiple BSOD over the last few days possibly after an update

Multiple BSOD over the last few days possibly after an update: Hi All, Having a bit of a mare with my laptop over the last few days. I have updated my drivers etc and took a look at the debugging files but over my head as I haven't needed to do it before. Anyone got any ideas it has BSOD around 10 times. I have attached the dump...
  9. BSOD Crashes - graphics card related

BSOD Crashes - graphics card related: Hi, I've experienced multiple BSODs almost every other day whether it'd be gaming or just plain surfing the web. I can trace it down to atikmdag being an issue on the computer. I've installed AMD uninstall and then reinstalled my drivers to no end. I'm not sure if it'll...
  10. Several strange issues(cursor related) since last few days

in Windows 10 Support
    Several strange issues(cursor related) since last few days: Hi, I have a Dell laptop with windows 10 installed. Since last 7-8 days I am facing very strange issues.I remember there was an update but am not sure that update is the culprit. Issues are as following: 1. When I start the computer, my touchpad pointer is nowhere to be...