Windows 10: Infuriating. Fresh installed systems STILL show faulty, unwanted User name. Any help?

Discus and support Infuriating. Fresh installed systems STILL show faulty, unwanted User name. Any help? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/viking_boi [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/viking_boi, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Infuriating. Fresh installed systems STILL show faulty, unwanted User name. Any help?

/u/viking_boi, Sep 26, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Unwanted user account in start window can't be deleted

Rachael,

1 What is the name of the unknown, unwanted user account?

2 Does the unknown, unwanted user account show up in the list produced in response to the [Command prompt] command net user
    - If there are any unknown entries in the response, post the list so they can all be explained or identified as suspect

3 Is your proper account [your "name"] a local account or is it an MSAccount? {If it is an MSAccount do not attempt to change it using the HirensBootCD mentioned above}.

Denis

3. Change the user name in Windows 10

Hi Rick,

Thank you for writing us back.

Are both the accounts are admin account?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: To determine the user account type:

• Login to any account.

• Press Windows key+X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Click on User accounts.

• Your user account will show and below that it will show your local account or admin account.

• Once you know about the account type.

• You can go to user account and change the name.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the account and click on properties.

• Change the user name and click on apply and then ok and one more time click on ok on the main screen.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Infuriating. Fresh installed systems STILL show faulty, unwanted User name. Any help?

Sign on screen User Name is wrong

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• How many user account do you have on your system?
    • Are you able to log-in to the system?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to remove the username from Credential Manager and check.

• Type credential Manager on the Windows search bar and select Credential Manager.
    • Now try removing the user name and password by clicking on the credential.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Infuriating. Fresh installed systems STILL show faulty, unwanted User name. Any help?

1. Infuriating. Fresh installed systems STILL show faulty, unwanted User name. Any help? - Similar Threads - Infuriating Fresh installed

2. Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install: System: CPU: i9 13900kGPU: RTX 4090Mobo: ASUS B 760f WIFISSD: 2xSamsung 980 PRO 1TB in m2. Slot 1 and 2RAM: Kingston FURY DDR5 32 Gb 6000 MhzPSU: be Quit! Straight Line 1000WI Build this system 9 month ago, set ip up with Win 11 at that time and it ran perfectly fine for 9...
  3. Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install: System: CPU: i9 13900kGPU: RTX 4090Mobo: ASUS B 760f WIFISSD: 2xSamsung 980 PRO 1TB in m2. Slot 1 and 2RAM: Kingston FURY DDR5 32 Gb 6000 MhzPSU: be Quit! Straight Line 1000WI Build this system 9 month ago, set ip up with Win 11 at that time and it ran perfectly fine for 9...
  4. Windows 10 install corrupt or faulty after fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows install - system user name is first 5 digits of email HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows install - system user name is first 5 digits of email HELP!: i set up a new machine a few weeks ago with windows 10. spent days transferring stuff from 2 older machines onto this one. installed all my software. it's finally set up the way i need, and then i notice that my system name under \users is the first 5 letters of my email...
  6. windows install - system user name is first 5 digits of email HELP!

windows install - system user name is first 5 digits of email HELP!: i set up a new machine a few weeks ago with windows 10. spent days transferring stuff from 2 older machines onto this one. installed all my software. it's finally set up the way i need, and then i notice that my system name under \users is the first 5 letters of my email...
  7. User name is not showing in Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User name is not showing in Users folder: I've seen this question asked before but the solution does not work for me. Hopefully Dave M sees itMy user name is EricI'm trying to find my AppData folder in the following path;C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator [version number] Settings\en_US\x64\New...
  8. User name is not showing in Users folder

User name is not showing in Users folder: I've seen this question asked before but the solution does not work for me. Hopefully Dave M sees itMy user name is EricI'm trying to find my AppData folder in the following path;C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator [version number] Settings\en_US\x64\New...
  9. Fresh Install of Windows 10, Uses Old User Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fresh Install of Windows 10, Uses Old User Name: Hello,When ever I do a fresh install of Windows 10, I connect to the internet, enter my account information and it uses my old messed up username I made years ago. I been digging around on my account page on Microsoft Accounts page but for the life of me, I can not find the...
  10. User name is not showing in Users folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User name is not showing in Users folder: Hi, my name is Manish Kumar recently I reset my pc and made some changes but after this, I realized that my user name "manis" is not showing in the Users folder. > Also, my Appdata folder is showing in the Desktop directory and when I make the hidden tick on the explorer it...