Windows 10: Inherited computer

Discus and support Inherited computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; my brother’s old computer is plugged in and aparantly working. It lists his name as owner and asks for a password. I have used this computer before at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JereHuggins, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Inherited computer

my brother’s old computer is plugged in and aparantly

working. It lists his name as owner and asks for a password. I have used this computer before at his house and the password was “shooter” but now that does not work. Any suggestions on how to make this computer my own?

:)

JereHuggins, Dec 12, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Inheriting permissions setting

Hi DiMi3940

Inherited Permissions in Windows are normally set on a folder or drive . ..

In Windows File Explorer - This PC, right click your C Drive and choose Properties

On the resulting dialog, click on the Security Tab

Then click the 'Advanced' Button

On the resulting dialog, is that user listed in the Inherited column?

One thing, I have never heard of this issue when deleting a user form a PC, please try this:

Click your Start Button, type netplwiz and hit Enter

If you select that user profile and click 'Remove' what happens, do you get an error?

DaveM121, Dec 12, 2018
  3. DiMi3940 Win User
    Inheriting permissions setting

Someone from another computer added themselves as administrator to my computer and is causing problems. I cannot delete them from that administrator setting until I turn off the inheriting permissions setting. How do I find and turn off the inherited
    permissions setting on Windows 10? Thanks.

DiMi3940, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Aquinus Win User

Inherited computer

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Inherited computer

1. Inherited computer - Similar Threads - Inherited computer

2. Inherited a Windows 10 Pro computer... How to set a new default login?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Inherited a Windows 10 Pro computer... How to set a new default login?: My work desk came with a Windows 10 Pro computer. On startup, it defaults to a specific person who is no longer with the clinic. How do I change that? I don't want to do a factory reset as I use most of the files and settings. Is there a way to just create my own login and...
  3. Inherited a Windows 10 Pro computer... How to set a new default login?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inherited a Windows 10 Pro computer... How to set a new default login?: My work desk came with a Windows 10 Pro computer. On startup, it defaults to a specific person who is no longer with the clinic. How do I change that? I don't want to do a factory reset as I use most of the files and settings. Is there a way to just create my own login and...
  4. Inherited a Windows 10 Pro computer... How to set a new default login?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Inherited a Windows 10 Pro computer... How to set a new default login?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to I disable inheriting permission and delete Principal out of my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to I disable inheriting permission and delete Principal out of my computer: Today I was having trouble with installing Microsoft Teams so I decided to contract Microsoft and I got helped by someone named Edlinson and he said the I need to load some applications so he can help me with so I downloaded the app Microsoft support and he assisted me but he...
  7. I inherited a to broken for grandma computer, it is beyond my fixing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I inherited a to broken for grandma computer, it is beyond my fixing.: I inherited a to broken for grandma computer, it is beyond my fixing. I went through all the troubleshooting steps and "recycled" it. Now it just says unable to reboot will restart for you and never powers back up over and over again. I should note it was a display model B4...
  8. Adding a hard drive to an inherited computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Adding a hard drive to an inherited computer: Good Afternoon, I inherited my father's computer after his passing. I do not need 2 computers but need his to help my mom run the household. I would like to add to my harddrive to his now my computer. Basically combining our two systems. After much struggling, I finally got...
  9. Inherited my dad's computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Inherited my dad's computer: Hi, I inherited my dad's desktop. I do not know his Microsoft account password. I need to reinstall Windows 10. Is this possible without his password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inherited-my-dads-computer/f66a9f3c-19ec-444b-a985-2d391144d4be
  10. I HAVE INHERITED MY UNCLES COMPUTER.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I HAVE INHERITED MY UNCLES COMPUTER.: I HAVE INHERITED MY UNCLES COMPUTER. Can I use his micorsoft account and change it to my details https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-inherited-my-uncles-computer/923549e8-301f-4028-a8af-d8d25ac9d629"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i inherited a cimputer with windows 10 and cannot sign on

2. Access inherited PC

3. inherited permissions on a computer