Windows 10: Initial Activation of Windows 10 on Surface Laptop

Discus and support Initial Activation of Windows 10 on Surface Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just activated pre-installed Windows 10 Home on a new Surface Laptop 2. I want to rename the User folder assigned by the initial setup. Setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BillKuntz, Mar 23, 2019.

1. BillKuntz Win User

Initial Activation of Windows 10 on Surface Laptop

I just activated pre-installed Windows 10 Home on a new Surface Laptop 2. I want to rename the User folder assigned by the initial setup. Setup assigned the first few letters of my Microsoft account (C:\Users\vwxyz). I want to use a different name for this User folder, but the rename option does not appear in the right-click menu for this folder. Any suggestions? Is there a way to cancel the activation and start over?

:)

BillKuntz, Mar 23, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Initial Activation of Windows 10 on Surface Laptop :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Laptop 2 Drivers and Firmware (Initial Release) for Windows 10

Source: Surface Laptop 2 Drivers and Firmware (Initial Release) Surface

Brink, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Initial Activation of Windows 10 on Surface Laptop - Similar Threads - Initial Activation Surface

2. Activating pre-installed Windows 10 on Surface Laptop Go

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating pre-installed Windows 10 on Surface Laptop Go: Hi guys, Good day! I'm quite new here, so please bear with me. Recently, my mom gifted me a Surface Laptop Go8gb/128gb. She tried using it for a few months yet she figured it was too complicated for her usage. She used her own e-mail address for her microsoft account....
  3. Unable to activate windows 10. It was activated initially, but recently started displaying...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate windows 10. It was activated initially, but recently started displaying...: Below is the screens shot. if I click on trouble shoot, it will ask to upgrade copy of windows, but even if I do, windows will not get activated.[ATTACH]...
  4. Windows 10 initial installation Stuck on Activate Windows screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 initial installation Stuck on Activate Windows screen: When I try to boot my freshly built pc it runs fine everything is showing up in the bios and it is saying it is running the uefi version of my boot usb which has windows 10 correctly installed in it. After choosing my language and clicking install it only allows me to input a...
  5. Surface Studio 2 Drivers and Firmware (Initial Release) for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Studio 2 Drivers and Firmware (Initial Release) for Windows 10: On November 15th we made available the initial release of drivers and firmware for Surface Studio 2 from the Microsoft Download Center. Visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=57593 to download the MSI file: SurfaceStudio2_Win10_17134_1801510_1.msi Note:...
  6. Surface Pro 6 Drivers and Firmware (Initial Release) for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Pro 6 Drivers and Firmware (Initial Release) for Windows 10: On November 8th we made available the initial release of drivers and firmware for Surface Pro 6 from the Microsoft Download Center. Visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=57593 to download the MSI file: SurfacePro6_Win10_17134_1808507_3.msi Note: Surface Pro...
  7. Surface Go Drivers and Firmware (Initial Release) for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Go Drivers and Firmware (Initial Release) for Windows 10: On October 9th we made available the initial release of drivers and firmware for Surface Go from the Microsoft Download Center. Visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=57439 to download the MSI file: SurfaceGo_Win10_17134_1802010_6.msi Note: Surface Go...
  8. Surface Laptop 2 Drivers and Firmware (Initial Release) for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Laptop 2 Drivers and Firmware (Initial Release) for Windows 10: On November 8th we made available the initial release of drivers and firmware for Surface Laptop 2 from the Microsoft Download Center. Visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=57515 to download the MSI file: SurfaceLaptop2_Win10_17134_1804708_3.msi Note:...
  9. Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Drivers and Firmware (Initial Release)

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Drivers and Firmware (Initial Release): We are pleased to announce today that you can now download drivers and firmware for both Surface Laptop and the new Surface Pro from the Microsoft Download Center. Visit the Surface Laptop page to download the drivers and firmware for Surface Laptop in MSI format:...
  10. New Surface Enterprise Initiative Will Further Windows 10 Adoption

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Enterprise Initiative Will Further Windows 10 Adoption: From the beginning, Windows 10 was built for the enterprise. Feedback from millions of IT Pros helped shape our best enterprise version of Windows ever. Ready for corporate deployments, Windows 10 was designed to help companies protect against modern cyber-attacks, deliver...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activate windows on surface laptop

2. surface laptop windows 10 activation