Windows 10: Initial boot up turning into hard reset

Discus and support Initial boot up turning into hard reset in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey everyone hope you're all enjoying your holidays! I've currently started experiencing issues with my system probably within the last month give or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by XxSwiftyxX, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Initial boot up turning into hard reset

Hey everyone hope you're all enjoying your holidays!

I've currently started experiencing issues with my system probably within the last month give or take, my computer on boot up starts normally I get onto my desktop and within 5 minutes my 3 monitor displays go black, the computer continues to run and audio still seems to be coming through my headphones but nothing I do seems to get the displays to return. I then have to hard reset my PC and once it boots again everything is fine it does not go black screen again, however if I play some games for hours on end nothing happens but as soon as I stop playing the game within about 5-10 minutes the display goes black and I have to restart the computer again.

My temperatures are within parameters, i've updated my drivers and uninstalled my GPU drivers as I figured that might be the likely suspect of a rouge driver but the problem still persists. I receive no errors on my AMD software or in eventviewer.

Now I have already ordered a new GPU(1080ti) and PSU(EVGA 750w Supernova 80 gold) as those are my only two older parts left in my PC and I feel like I've the gut feeling its one of the two but just want to confirm. My current PSU is a 750watt Corsair don't know the model # but I've had it for maybe 5-7 years and my GPU is about 5 years old.Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

:)

XxSwiftyxX, Dec 29, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 29, 2018
  3. xBruce88x Win User
    Contest! Win Hard Reset!

Bump

No one wants Hard Reset? I'm open to other suggestions for contest ideas.

maybe i got this in the wrong section... could a mod move it to the FS/FT/WTB/Giveaway section?

xBruce88x, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Initial boot up turning into hard reset

Hard reset before or after update?

fldude99, you're right. According to the Nokia team, it's a suggested step to reset after update.

And, FYI, Hard reset is the 3 finger salute, because it is effected by a hardware interaction. Soft reset or Formatting the phone memory is done by entering *#7370#.

There is practically no difference between hard reset and the soft reset. It could be that the hard reset would re-initialize some system parameters, which is triggered by the hardware. Only Nokia can say what the exact difference is.

Message Edited by deepestblue on 01-Feb-2010 02:30 PM

deepestblue---01, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Initial boot up turning into hard reset

1. Initial boot up turning into hard reset - Similar Threads - Initial boot turning

2. Reset failed to initiate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset failed to initiate.: Trying to reset my PC on the settings > recovery > reset however when I click on reset it does nothing but restart. It actually comes with nothing then as if it like I just restarted the PC since its doing so fast and no buffering or no initialization at all. I want to reset...
  3. Reset failed to initiate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset failed to initiate.: Trying to reset my PC on the settings > recovery > reset however when I click on reset it does nothing but restart. It actually comes with nothing then as if it like I just restarted the PC since its doing so fast and no buffering or no initialization at all. I want to reset...
  4. External hard drive shows up as "Unknown" and "Not initialized"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive shows up as "Unknown" and "Not initialized": I have an external hard drive that I mainly use to store games, among other things, and it's been working just fine until now. Whenever I plug it in, I am not able to access any of the files that are on it through File Explorer neither am I able to download things onto the...
  5. External hard drive shows up as "Unknown" and "Not initialized"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard drive shows up as "Unknown" and "Not initialized": I have an external hard drive that I mainly use to store games, among other things, and it's been working just fine until now. Whenever I plug it in, I am not able to access any of the files that are on it through File Explorer neither am I able to download things onto the...
  6. New Hard Disk unknown and not initialized + slow boot time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Hard Disk unknown and not initialized + slow boot time: Hi, i want to apologize in advance for my spelling if some mistakes occur but english is not my first language. I recently bought a new secondary hd wd blue 1tb 7200rpm 64mb cache 3.5", i connected the sata cable to the motherboard, connected the psu cable and booted the...
  7. Initializing a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Initializing a new hard drive: I am trying to initialize a new hard drive. I get "Access Denied" Virtual Disk Manager. What is the solution to this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/initializing-a-new-hard-drive/f29a0ab3-1ab2-4485-9763-e10ee27cd0ca
  8. Initialize Hard drive

Initialize Hard drive: Hi all, A friend of mine asked me if I can help him get his laptop back into working order. It is a Samsung model NP740U3L When I turn it on, after about a minute, it tells me: All boot option tried Press F4 for repair After pressing F4 it comes back to the same screen as...
  9. Not Initializing my hard drive

Not Initializing my hard drive: When I try and initialize my disk it says "The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-initializing-my-hard-drive/5709a458-e6ac-40cd-90d4-e8a45ddaa3a6
  10. Hard drive unknown, not initialized

Hard drive unknown, not initialized: Yesterday while using my computer my secondary drive / storage drive disappeared. I can see it in Disk Management, but I tried to use MiniTool, but it cannot see the drive. I have attached a screen shot for more info. Is it KIA or recoverable long enough to save a couple...