Windows 10: Initial set up of laptop won't let me sign in.

Discus and support Initial set up of laptop won't let me sign in. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop recently and want to log in with my microsoft account the first time. I do so and successfully sign in. It then promts me to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AlexBotes1, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Initial set up of laptop won't let me sign in.

I bought a new laptop recently and want to log in with my microsoft account the first time. I do so and successfully sign in. It then promts me to enter set up a pin. I press next button. It then tells me that I cannot setup a pin or has failed. I click on skip for now. Then it jumps back to the sign screen and the whole process starts again.

:)

AlexBotes1, Jan 9, 2021
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Xjoejoex Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Initial set up of laptop won't let me sign in. [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Initial set up of laptop won't let me sign in.

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Initial set up of laptop won't let me sign in.

1. Initial set up of laptop won't let me sign in. - Similar Threads - Initial set laptop

2. windows will not let me set up fingerprint sign-in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows will not let me set up fingerprint sign-in?: Periodically Windows 11 refuses to let me use fingerprint sign-in. Why? how do I restore? I seem to have two Mircosoft accounts. A personal one and one associated with a university to which I no longer attend but can't seem to remove from my PC. I think this is related to the...
  3. windows will not let me set up fingerprint sign-in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows will not let me set up fingerprint sign-in?: Periodically Windows 11 refuses to let me use fingerprint sign-in. Why? how do I restore? I seem to have two Mircosoft accounts. A personal one and one associated with a university to which I no longer attend but can't seem to remove from my PC. I think this is related to the...
  4. My laptop won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't let me sign in: Hey so my laptop isn't letting me sign in. When the laptop turns on, the name under which its signed in in is shown. Right beneath is a button saying sign in using ur microsoft I try to press the button sign in, it wont let me. I was hoping someone could help me...
  5. My laptop won't let me sign in

My laptop won't let me sign in: Hey so my laptop isn't letting me sign in. When the laptop turns on, the name under which its signed in in is shown. Right beneath is a button saying sign in using ur microsoft I try to press the button sign in, it wont let me. I was hoping someone could help me...
  6. Trouble setting up windows on a brand new laptop. Won't let me sign into an existing ms...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble setting up windows on a brand new laptop. Won't let me sign into an existing ms...: Hi guys, I'm definitely not the smartest guy in the world, but this is frustrating. Brand new laptop for an employee, wont let me first time start up without signing into microsoft. I try to use the new employees account which I have verified exists through signing in on my...
  7. Trouble setting up windows on a brand new laptop. Won't let me sign into an existing ms...

Trouble setting up windows on a brand new laptop. Won't let me sign into an existing ms...: Hi guys, I'm definitely not the smartest guy in the world, but this is frustrating. Brand new laptop for an employee, wont let me first time start up without signing into microsoft. I try to use the new employees account which I have verified exists through signing in on my...
  8. Edge won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge won't let me sign in: In the the Win 10 Pro Settings I clicked on Help which opened the robot window. I asked my question and eventually clicked on Speak to a person Message a Windows Advisor. After filling in my name, question etc I clicked on the arrow and a red message popped up saying I needed...
  9. My laptop won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop won't let me sign in: On thursday my laptop was working fine until I had to update windows 10, while it was updating, I had to do something on there first, so I restarted my laptop, logged in, and the OS said that my system was corrupted, now I can't sign in, every time I try to sign in, it denies...
  10. Windows won't let me sign into my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't let me sign into my laptop: I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop with Windows 10 operating system. Yesterday, after resuming my laptop from sleep mode, I tried logging on and got the message: "Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device." I've tried just about...