Windows 10: Initial setup of desktop pc

Discus and support Initial setup of desktop pc in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have loaded the wrong name on new PC! Can NOT change the administrator name, Can NOT delete the administrator name! I had forgotten that I had set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by K Brewer, Apr 23, 2019.

1. K Brewer Win User

Initial setup of desktop pc

I have loaded the wrong name on new PC! Can NOT change the administrator name, Can NOT delete the administrator name! I had forgotten that I had set up another coworkers new pc several years ago so, now that persons name is on this new pc for a different coworker. Any suggestions??

:)

K Brewer, Apr 23, 2019

2. Wi-Fi requires browser login Windows 10 initial setup

Hi Tom,

To better assist you, we would like to know more information regarding this issue. Kindly answer the following:

• Since it is the initial setup, have you tried skipping the step of connecting your PC to WiFi, or is there no option to do that?
    • If you already skipped this step, what is the default browser that you're currently using?
    • Does this only happen when trying to connect to a specific WiFi hotspot?

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, Apr 23, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Initial setup of desktop pc

Red screen when initial setup of my cyberpower PC

Also try the following:

• Check to ensure there is disk activity (look at the hard disk LED light to confirm. If there is, keep waiting. If setup goes beyond 2 to 3 hours, try the following steps.
    • Power down the computer. Unplug it, then wait 20 mins to 1 hour.
    • If you are using a laptop, remove the battery if the option is available.
    • Disconnect it from the Internet (unplug Ethernet and/or turn off Wi-Fi).
    • Plug it again, ensure it remains disconnected from the Internet then start computer.
    • See if it completes setup.
    • If setup completes and you see the desktop with the ability to click Start and launch programs, proceed to reconnect to the Internet.
    • Update drivers:
      How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Initial setup of desktop pc

1. Initial setup of desktop pc - Similar Threads - Initial setup desktop

2. Backing out of initial setup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing out of initial setup.: Hello, What I would like to do is install a fresh copy of windows 10. Then update it to be current with all updates from Microsoft. After that is done I would like to return the OS to the first initial sign on state while keeping the updates. How would I do that? I have...
  3. Initial setup win 10 on beelink mini pc

Initial setup win 10 on beelink mini pc: Hi During the installation I closed the virtual keyboard accidentally and I just can't seem to have it opened again through ease of access menu... (it doesn't appear on screen) How can I have it back??? Help!...
  4. Lenovo Windows initial setup

Lenovo Windows initial setup: hello team i brought a lenovo windows 10 s mode laptop yesterday ideapad 330s, the initial setup of creating account and everything has been done. but after coming to services option the screen is blank. there is no text or no further instructions to proceed further....
  5. Windows 10 Initial Setup

Windows 10 Initial Setup: Hi I am trying to install windows 10 in a mac machien using windows bootcamp . I am runniing Mojave and all the apps are up to date just freshly installed yesterday . while insatlling and after the reboot , i am stuck in the page lets conenct to a internet , there is no...
  6. Initial setup of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Initial setup of Windows 10: I bought a refurbished Lenovo Think Centre, and in the initial setup, I have been unable to change the default language and geographic location. The machine default is French. When I try to change the default to English, I get a message that a problem occurred, and I'm...
  7. Initial Setup with Broken Screen

Initial Setup with Broken Screen: Hello! I'm wanting to do an initial Setup on a laptop with a broken screen by using an external monitor. I was wondering if there was a way to switch the primary screen to the monitor, or if I have to use the built in monitor for it. Thanks!...
  8. error during initial setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error during initial setup: One Drive shows a blank screen during the initial setup of my newly purchased Surface Pro 6. I turned on the laptop and went to the part about OneDrive, pressed Next but the screen went blank. I tried to click the back arrow to choose “Only save files on this PC”, but the...
  9. Initial setup

Initial setup: I have a Gigabyte b360m ds3h motherboard and I am trying to install windows 10 but im not sure what im doing wrong. I have my flashdrive with the windows 10 media creation tool installed and formatted to NTFS but it is not showing up as a bootable drive. when i try to boot it...
  10. Crash during initial setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash during initial setup: Here is a screen I got during an installation on a VirtualBox installation. Attachment 10284 Any suggestions? Snarks*Cool 3522