Windows 10: Initial Setup with Broken Screen

Discus and support Initial Setup with Broken Screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I'm wanting to do an initial Setup on a laptop with a broken screen by using an external monitor. I was wondering if there was a way to switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertFields32, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Initial Setup with Broken Screen

Hello!

I'm wanting to do an initial Setup on a laptop with a broken screen by using an external monitor. I was wondering if there was a way to switch the primary screen to the monitor, or if I have to use the built in monitor for it. Thanks!

:)

RobertFields32, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jan 3, 2019
  4. KyleDenny Win User

Initial Setup with Broken Screen

error during initial setup

One Drive shows a blank screen during the initial setup of my newly purchased Surface Pro 6. I turned on the laptop and went to the part about OneDrive, pressed Next but the screen went blank. I tried to click the back arrow to choose
    “Only save files on this PC”, but the screen was still blank.
    Is this machine broken? Restarting didn’t help.

KyleDenny, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Initial Setup with Broken Screen

1. Initial Setup with Broken Screen - Similar Threads - Initial Setup Broken

2. Windows 10 and Windows 10S initial setup screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and Windows 10S initial setup screens: 1. Can the initial set up for Windows 10S be done without WIFI access? 2. Where can I find all of the initial setup screens for Windows 10 and Windows10S? --If this information is not available, are the initial setup screens for W10 and W10S the same? Thank you in advance....
  3. Windows 10 and Windows 10S initial setup screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and Windows 10S initial setup screens: 1. Can the initial set up for Windows 10S be done without WIFI access? 2. Where can I find all of the initial setup screens for Windows 10 and Windows10S? --If this information is not available, are the initial setup screens for W10 and W10S the same? Thank you in advance....
  4. Backing out of initial setup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing out of initial setup.: Hello, What I would like to do is install a fresh copy of windows 10. Then update it to be current with all updates from Microsoft. After that is done I would like to return the OS to the first initial sign on state while keeping the updates. How would I do that? I have...
  5. Lenovo Windows initial setup

Lenovo Windows initial setup: hello team i brought a lenovo windows 10 s mode laptop yesterday ideapad 330s, the initial setup of creating account and everything has been done. but after coming to services option the screen is blank. there is no text or no further instructions to proceed further....
  6. Windows 10 Initial Setup

Windows 10 Initial Setup: Hi I am trying to install windows 10 in a mac machien using windows bootcamp . I am runniing Mojave and all the apps are up to date just freshly installed yesterday . while insatlling and after the reboot , i am stuck in the page lets conenct to a internet , there is no...
  7. Initial setup of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Initial setup of Windows 10: I bought a refurbished Lenovo Think Centre, and in the initial setup, I have been unable to change the default language and geographic location. The machine default is French. When I try to change the default to English, I get a message that a problem occurred, and I'm...
  8. error during initial setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error during initial setup: One Drive shows a blank screen during the initial setup of my newly purchased Surface Pro 6. I turned on the laptop and went to the part about OneDrive, pressed Next but the screen went blank. I tried to click the back arrow to choose “Only save files on this PC”, but the...
  9. Initial setup

Initial setup: I have a Gigabyte b360m ds3h motherboard and I am trying to install windows 10 but im not sure what im doing wrong. I have my flashdrive with the windows 10 media creation tool installed and formatted to NTFS but it is not showing up as a bootable drive. when i try to boot it...
  10. Crash during initial setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash during initial setup: Here is a screen I got during an installation on a VirtualBox installation. Attachment 10284 Any suggestions? Snarks*Cool 3522