Windows 10: Initial setup

Discus and support Initial setup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Gigabyte b360m ds3h motherboard and I am trying to install windows 10 but im not sure what im doing wrong. I have my flashdrive with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdamSwanner, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Initial setup

I have a Gigabyte b360m ds3h motherboard and I am trying to install windows 10 but im not sure what im doing wrong. I have my flashdrive with the windows 10 media creation tool installed and formatted to NTFS but it is not showing up as a bootable drive. when i try to boot it using FAT32 it will show but when i try to boot using the drive it just takes me back to the bios menu. not sure what im doing wrong

:)

AdamSwanner, Oct 2, 2018

2. Wi-Fi requires browser login Windows 10 initial setup

Hi Tom,

To better assist you, we would like to know more information regarding this issue. Kindly answer the following:

• Since it is the initial setup, have you tried skipping the step of connecting your PC to WiFi, or is there no option to do that?
    • If you already skipped this step, what is the default browser that you're currently using?
    • Does this only happen when trying to connect to a specific WiFi hotspot?

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Modern setup host

Hi Hermie,

Regarding your concern with the deleted Modern Setup Host file, we’d like to ask the following questions so we can isolate it at the same time:

• What particular action that you’re trying to perform at the time that it was accidentally deleted.?
    • May we know where and how it was deleted on your computer?
    • Were you able to check if the deleted file can be found in the
      Recycle bin?

As an initial step, we suggest that perform a DISM command. This will help repairing possible system file corruptions. Follow these steps:

• Type command in the search box.
    • Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • Press Enter.
    • Close the Command Prompt windows and check if changes were made related to the Modern Setup Host file.

We'll wait for your update after trying the steps.

Louie Del, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Initial setup

Initial Setup

I recently purchased a Xbox One. At the initial setup, I seem to have selected a parent account option. I want to reset the whole thing and just register. Please advise me on how to reset. I am unable to setup a parent account too.

AshandeSilva2017, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Initial setup

1. Initial setup - Similar Threads - Initial setup

2. How do I get past the defaultuser0 at initial setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get past the defaultuser0 at initial setup: Hi,I just got a new mini PC with windows 11 preinstalled. At my initial set up It displayed the ‘defaultuser0’ with a section for password. I have not been able to move past this screen. What can I do to remove and complete my set up...
  3. How do I get past the defaultuser0 at initial setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get past the defaultuser0 at initial setup: Hi,I just got a new mini PC with windows 11 preinstalled. At my initial set up It displayed the ‘defaultuser0’ with a section for password. I have not been able to move past this screen. What can I do to remove and complete my set up...
  4. Can I restore apps from Windows Backup after initial Windows setup?

Can I restore apps from Windows Backup after initial Windows setup?: I plan on cloning my new laptop's factory-installed SSD to a larger one as soon as I've completed Windows setup to the point where I can download and run the cloning tool. If it's possible, I'd rather not wait for Windows to restore all of the apps it has logged in Windows...
  5. Can I restore apps from Windows Backup after initial Windows setup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I restore apps from Windows Backup after initial Windows setup?: I plan on cloning my new laptop's factory-installed SSD to a larger one as soon as I've completed Windows setup to the point where I can download and run the cloning tool. If it's possible, I'd rather not wait for Windows to restore all of the apps it has logged in Windows...
  6. Windows 11 initial setup says my microsoft accound doesn't exist - but I can log into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 initial setup says my microsoft accound doesn't exist - but I can log into...: Windows 11 initial setup says my microsoft accound doesn't exist - but I can log into microsoft etc ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-initial-setup-says-my-microsoft-accound/4e7aef1e-a335-44f6-8d78-30021cce6d92
  7. Windows 11 initial setup says my microsoft accound doesn't exist - but I can log into...

Windows 11 initial setup says my microsoft accound doesn't exist - but I can log into...: Windows 11 initial setup says my microsoft accound doesn't exist - but I can log into microsoft etc ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-initial-setup-says-my-microsoft-accound/4e7aef1e-a335-44f6-8d78-30021cce6d92
  8. I've already started initial setup of Windows... missing info to complete it. Should I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've already started initial setup of Windows... missing info to complete it. Should I...: I've already started initial setup of Windows on new PC, but I am missing information to complete it. Should I just leave PC running in middle of setup over the weekend until I get all info needed to finish? I'm guessing I should not shut it off....
  9. I've already started initial setup of Windows... missing info to complete it. Should I...

I've already started initial setup of Windows... missing info to complete it. Should I...: I've already started initial setup of Windows on new PC, but I am missing information to complete it. Should I just leave PC running in middle of setup over the weekend until I get all info needed to finish? I'm guessing I should not shut it off....
  10. I've already started initial setup of Windows... missing info to complete it. Should I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. initial setup windows phone