Windows 10: Initial Startup of New Desktop

Discus and support Initial Startup of New Desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just bought a new HP Pavilion 590-p0050 desktop PC. I have never started a new computer for the first time. In the past I have always paid a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by willban1, Nov 1, 2018.

1. willban1 Win User

Initial Startup of New Desktop

I just bought a new HP Pavilion 590-p0050 desktop PC. I have never started a new computer for the first time. In the past I have always paid a technician to do this. This is not feasible this time. Could someone steer me to a ny type of guide or instructions on how to go about this? What steps to take, what steps NOT to take, what information to have at hand etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The booklet that came with the computer is an absolute joke- connect all cables, turn it on, be sure to register it with us. That's about it. HP Support is no better. During Live Chat I asked this same question. The person sent a link to some Environmental & Regulatory Notice. When I said this is not what I need he/she disconnected. Please Help.

:)

willban1, Nov 1, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Dragging apps to desktop for shortcuys

Hi Lance,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from adding shortcuts to the desktop. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does this happen when you try dragging all apps to the desktop, or just a specific app?
    • Are you using an administrator account?
    • Is your computer connected to a private domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps as a workaround:

• Right-click on any empty part of the desktop.
    • Click New > Shortcut.
    • Navigate to the folder location of the app you want and select it.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 1, 2018
  4. Initial Startup of New Desktop

New strange item in startup: KernelFaultCheck???

search for it on teh internet .something like "kernelfaultcheck startup".there are web sites taht just list startup items

francis511, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

Initial Startup of New Desktop

1. Initial Startup of New Desktop - Similar Threads - Initial Startup Desktop

2. .net runtime Framework initializing on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .net runtime Framework initializing on startup: How do I stop It? Everytime I turn on my computer the .net starts and asks for admin prompt, how do I disable It? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-runtime-framework-initializing-on-startup/d1fac973-0319-438e-995d-bf37bf7d2f83
  3. .net runtime Framework initializing on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    .net runtime Framework initializing on startup: How do I stop It? Everytime I turn on my computer the .net starts and asks for admin prompt, how do I disable It? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-runtime-framework-initializing-on-startup/d1fac973-0319-438e-995d-bf37bf7d2f83
  4. Stuck on service page in the initial startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on service page in the initial startup: Hi.. In the intial setup of new lap, under service page after microsoft office 2019 Home & student setup we dnt have any options to proceed furthercould you please help me out on this team??...
  5. Stuck on service page in the initial startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on service page in the initial startup: Hi.. In the intial setup of new lap, under service page after microsoft office 2019 Home & student setup we dnt have any options to proceed furthercould you please help me out on this team??...
  6. Stuck on service page in the initial startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Edge not opening on initial startup

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not opening on initial startup: Since no one seems to be watching Windows 7 anymore, I am asking here. For the last few days this has been happening. When I first startup Win 7 and try to open Edge, I get to notice that Edge is NOT responding and do I want to restart. I tell it "yes". Sometimes it restarts...
  8. Unable to complete initial install of Windows 10 on new desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to complete initial install of Windows 10 on new desktop: Hello, I was trying to install Windows 10 on a new desktop I built with a new SSD. I installed the USB in to the new computer and started through the prompts and after a while everything went black. I left it for a long time but no change in status. I then tried unplugging...
  9. Slow response on initial startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow response on initial startup: When I restart my computer, the initial Windows screen comes up as normal. However, I must hit enter several times to be allowed to sign-in. Once I sign in with my pin, things slow to a crawl. Usually, the desktop comes up but often without words or it flashes numberous times...
  10. New HDD wont show as initialized with W10 desktops.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New HDD wont show as initialized with W10 desktops.: My intention of using the HDD is to have it "mobile" and move it from my W7 desktop, W10 laptop, W10 insider and W10 RTM machines for storing images etc. It work's as expected when connected to W7 and my W10 laptop. It will not however work with either of my W10 desktop...