Windows 10: Initialize any external HDD on Windows 10

Discus and support Initialize any external HDD on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I cannot initialize any external hard disk drive on Windows 10, but the flash drive works without problems. The hard disk drive works without a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Peteryaho, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Peteryaho Win User

Initialize any external HDD on Windows 10

Hello,I cannot initialize any external hard disk drive on Windows 10, but the flash drive works without problems. The hard disk drive works without a problem on another PC with Windows 10.The problem started to appear when I attached a VHDX disk and set the Windows Boot manager to boot dual windows 10 first win10 as a standard and second win10 as a VHDX virtual disk. The boot loader works without problems, both systems run OK except this problem.The mentioned external hard drive can be seen in the Device manager - see photo 1,but it is not visible in disk management - see photo 2,DISKPART li

:)

Peteryaho, Nov 29, 2022

2. How to install Windows 10 on external HDD

Hello,

I have an external HDD. I want to install Windows 10 Enterprise which I have purchased recently.

Please guide me, if possible step by step on how to install Windows 10 on external HDD.

Thanks,

Siddarth Hegde

SidTheGooner, Nov 29, 2022
  3. hdd not initialized

Hi,

is it a new HDD? Internal or external? New internal HDDs need to be initialized manually thru Disk management.

Igor Leyko, Nov 29, 2022
  4. Initialize any external HDD on Windows 10

external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

Initialize any external HDD on Windows 10

1. Initialize any external HDD on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Initialize external HDD

2. Initialize any external HDD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Initialize any external HDD on Windows 10: Hello,I cannot initialize any external hard disk drive on Windows 10, but the flash drive works without problems. The hard disk drive works without a problem on another PC with Windows 10.The problem started to appear when I attached a VHDX disk and set the Windows Boot...
  3. Initialize any external HDD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Initialize any external HDD on Windows 10: Hello,I cannot initialize any external hard disk drive on Windows 10, but the flash drive works without problems. The hard disk drive works without a problem on another PC with Windows 10.The problem started to appear when I attached a VHDX disk and set the Windows Boot...
  4. HDD drives not initializing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD drives not initializing: Close to a month ago I logged onto my computer (win10 pro) and found that 2 of my HDD drives had vanished from file explorer. Of course I panic, open up disk management and they are both not initialized. I spent about a week recovering 4tb of lost data. Initialized the disk...
  5. Any way to get the hostname for an external HDD with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to get the hostname for an external HDD with Windows 10?: Hi, I've got a computer with Windows 10 installed, the software is corrupted but I can access internal files just fine if I attach it's HDD with USB. I'd like to know the hostname for that Windows 10, so I removed the HDD and attached it to another Windows 10 machine I booted...
  6. External HDD (bitlocker enabled) appears as not initialized after restart from windows 10...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HDD (bitlocker enabled) appears as not initialized after restart from windows 10...: Hello, I was working on my pc normally (window 10 x64), I restarted my pc, when I logged in, my external hard disk drive (western digital 4tb) which is bit-locker enabled didnt appear. I clicked on disk management, it tells me that the disk management it shows that the hard...
  7. hdd not initialized

hdd not initialized: hdd not initialized just says disk 6 unknown I tried different usb ports with no success.there are files on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hdd-not-initialized/d5b99338-fc73-4d7d-b95c-71a7e6f8b1fc
  8. External HDD not Initializing, Not in "This PC", Need Recovery!

External HDD not Initializing, Not in "This PC", Need Recovery!: Last night I was copying files from External HDD over to my computer. It was a very long process and in my sleepy state I put my computer to sleep during the copying. When I logged back in the following morning the copy process appeared paused but when I went to restart...
  9. How to initialize external HDD??

How to initialize external HDD??: I have a 500gb external HD USB and it has data on it that I need cause the drive doesnt not show up now. I went into my computer management and disk 1 says not initialize. When I try to initialize to GPT it says the drive is too small. Now before all this happened I had...
  10. How to initialize external HDD??

How to initialize external HDD??: Since I put vmWare 10 on my laptop , my external HDD wont initialize. it says its there but when i try to initialize it tells me my drive is too small for GPT, Its 500gb. When I installed VMWare i might have had the external connected and i believe i opted for to split...