Windows 10: Initialize disk failed due to a fatal device hardware error disk unknown not initiaized.

Discus and support Initialize disk failed due to a fatal device hardware error disk unknown not initiaized. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to fix a WD Elements 3TB portable hard drive that belongs to my sister it has worked fine until recently but will no longer come up on her... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by N J Smith, Nov 12, 2022.

1. N J Smith Win User

Initialize disk failed due to a fatal device hardware error disk unknown not initiaized.

I am trying to fix a WD Elements 3TB portable hard drive that belongs to my sister it has worked fine until recently but will no longer come up on her MacBook Pro or iMac. I connected it to my HP laptop and clicked This PC but it does not show up in the devices and drives section when you select disk management it shows up as unknown not initialized and requests you to initialize disk but when you do it fails due to a fatal device hardware error. Any help would be greatly received. I have attached some screenshots showing the messages I am getting.

:)

N J Smith, Nov 12, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error - External HD

Some decent advice here:
    Quick fix for “the request failed due to fatal device hardware error”

https://appuals.com/fix-the-request-failed-due-to-a-fatal-device-hardware-error/

- shows that exact error message

- check the status if the drive as suggested there and with any tool such as Crystal Diskinfo and Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) is especially good.

Were you moving (dangerous to an external drive as things can..er.. go wrong..) or copying the data?

e.g. (plenty of results)
    6 Ways to Fix Disk Unknown Not Initialized in Windows 10/8/7 - EaseUS
    Unknown Not Initialized - Can’t initialize disk in Windows 10

I hope you have a full backup for your laptop - so here's another plug for routine and regular disk imaging (e.g. Macrium Reflect - free- paid) plus large enough external storage for image files.

If so, recovery should be painless even if you were moving the data. (Have you checked the source data to see if you actually lost any?)

The forum prompted you for your full build number so we don't have to keep asking.

dalchina, Nov 12, 2022
  3. Disk Management it shows that my disk 1 is unknown and when i try to install it then i get `The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error´.

Original Title: unknown DISK 1

Hello guys

I have some problem, idk what to do but in Disk Management it shows that my disk 1 is unknown and when i try to install it then i get `The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error´. I can feel that disk is working and the light is flashing.

Plisssss Help guys (ps. sorry for my english)

generation00, Nov 12, 2022
  4. Initialize disk failed due to a fatal device hardware error disk unknown not initiaized.

The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error - External HD

Hi,

So I did some research and still I cannot fix this problem.

Early this morning I was transferring my files from my laptop to my external because my laptop is getting full already and accidentally plugged out the external while transferring files. Now my external hard drive will not show up on my computer whenever I try to plug in.

So here how it looks like on the disk management, whenever I try to initialize it says:
    the request failed due to a fatal device hardware error

Initialize disk failed due to a fatal device hardware error disk unknown not initiaized. [​IMG]

I'm also trying to recover files with EaseUS, the problem is the external cannot be detected on the pc itself, it only says disk 2.

Thanks in advance to anyone who could help me out.

- - - Updated - - -

Initialize disk failed due to a fatal device hardware error disk unknown not initiaized. [​IMG]

ivntiamzon, Nov 12, 2022
Thema:

Initialize disk failed due to a fatal device hardware error disk unknown not initiaized.

1. Initialize disk failed due to a fatal device hardware error disk unknown not initiaized. - Similar Threads - Initialize disk failed

2. Initialize disk failed due to a fatal device hardware error disk unknown not initiaized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Initialize disk failed due to a fatal device hardware error disk unknown not initiaized.: I am trying to fix a WD Elements 3TB portable hard drive that belongs to my sister it has worked fine until recently but will no longer come up on her MacBook Pro or iMac. I connected it to my HP laptop and clicked This PC but it does not show up in the devices and drives...
  3. Initialize disk failed due to a fatal device hardware error disk unknown not initiaized.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Initialize disk failed due to a fatal device hardware error disk unknown not initiaized.: I am trying to fix a WD Elements 3TB portable hard drive that belongs to my sister it has worked fine until recently but will no longer come up on her MacBook Pro or iMac. I connected it to my HP laptop and clicked This PC but it does not show up in the devices and drives...
  4. The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error: Hello,I have a Samsung SSD.The SSD drive works perfect as an internal main disk of a laptop. The SSD runs Windows 10.Yet when I take this disk and put in a USB external case. - I hear windows acknowledging the connection when connecting the USB to the laptop- Yet windows...
  5. The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error: Hello,I have a Samsung SSD.The SSD drive works perfect as an internal main disk of a laptop. The SSD runs Windows 10.Yet when I take this disk and put in a USB external case. - I hear windows acknowledging the connection when connecting the USB to the laptop- Yet windows...
  6. The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. can't initialized external harddisk The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't initialized external harddisk The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error: Hello i have a problem with my external harddisk WD My Passport 25E2 USB. long time ago my laptop can detect this external hardisk. but for some reason i miss click on something or i change something that i cant remember, this mistake make me can't initialized my external...
  8. can't initialized external harddisk The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't initialized external harddisk The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error: Hello i have a problem with my external harddisk WD My Passport 25E2 USB. long time ago my laptop can detect this external hardisk. but for some reason i miss click on something or i change something that i cant remember, this mistake make me can't initialized my external...
  9. can't initialized external harddisk The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error

10. Cant intialize disk. fatal device hardware error

Cant intialize disk. fatal device hardware error: [img] what does this mean 60680