Windows 10: Initializing a disk fails.

Discus and support Initializing a disk fails. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Initializing a disk fails with this error: cyclic redundacy check. Is there a solution?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Iam deaf, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Iam deaf Win User

Initializing a disk fails.

Initializing a disk fails with this error: cyclic redundacy check. Is there a solution?

:)

Iam deaf, Aug 25, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Machines Fail to Start and Initialize

OK in this case the additional info in the error message really does not reveal anything.

Do you store the virtual hard disks and configuration files on default places? VHD files in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Hyper-V\Virtual Hard Disks, and the configuration files in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V? If so you could try this and tell if you could create and run a vm:

• Create a folder Hyper-V on root of any drive than C:
    • On that folder create a subfolder, name it as VHD, and another with a name VM
    • Create a new VM
    • In New Virtual Machine Wizard, step Specify name and location, select Store the virtual machine in a different location, browse to the Hyper-V\VM folder you created and select it as the location
    • In New Virtual Machine Wizard, step Connect Virtual Hard Disk, click the Browse button next to Location, browse to the Hyper-V\VHD folder you created and select it
    • Finish the setup, launch the vm

3. bl initialize library failed 0xc0000bb

Let's try to use system restore instead. Follow the steps below:

• Start your desktop, and after the manufacturers logo disappears and Windows 10 tries to boot, press and hold the power button for 5-10 seconds to perform a hard shut
      down.

• Do the step #1 until you see the Windows logo screen or Please wait during boot. (You
      may need to perform this up to 3 times.)

• After Windows 10 boots into the Windows 10 Recovery Environment (WinRE), you can now access Startup
      Recovery, Safe Mode, and Command Prompt.

• Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > System Restore,
      and then check if you have a restore point.

• In the list of available restore points, choose the date prior to the issue. Steps can be found in this article on
      how to perform a System Restore. Refer to Restore from a system restore point.

If the steps above fails, we suggest that you boot your computer in Safe Mode (while in the Recovery Environment) and see if it helps. Follow the steps below on how
    to boot in Safe Mode:

• Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings and click Restart.

• Upon restart, click/press 4 to boot into Safe Mode.

If Safe Mode does not work, we may need to Reset your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Reset this PC.

• Choose to keep all your files and applications. This will re-install Windows 10 whilst keeping your data and applications.

Update us after you perform the steps.

Radney Dri, Aug 25, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Initializing a disk fails. - Similar Threads - Initializing disk fails

2. Disk Not Initialized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Not Initialized: I tried many ways to make my hard drive work but nothing works.I have tried: Ontrack EasyRecovery, AOMEI, Mini Partition Wizard,diskpart,... but nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-not-initialized/b72a516c-96e3-4102-bd0b-66a737959e02
  3. Disk Not Initialized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Not Initialized: I tried many ways to make my hard drive work but nothing works.I have tried: Ontrack EasyRecovery, AOMEI, Mini Partition Wizard,diskpart,... but nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-not-initialized/b72a516c-96e3-4102-bd0b-66a737959e02
  4. Failed to initialize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Failed to initialize: I downloaded a program - Twinity - and thought all was fine until I tried to log in and got the failed to intialize message. Can I get round this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-initialize/cb4619db-8347-4ced-85da-896f0692a1cb
  5. Unable to Initialize Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Initialize Disk: I have a 4TB harddrive. I was using it in a storage pool with another 4TB harddrive. I've moved the disks around and no longer want them in a pool. Unfortunately, one of the 4TB drives shows up as the old 8TB pool in Disk Management. I'm unable to initialize, format or delete...
  6. initialization failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    initialization failed: hello everyone so when i started my PC he showed me this screen[IMG] then restarted and did that in a loop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/initialization-failed/10e740ab-553d-4214-a0a4-4c49d49ebfac
  7. Initialize Disk

Initialize Disk: I recently had to reset my computer to try and fix some problems it was having (it was crashing constantly). When I re-ran windows I attempted to access an external hard drive I use. When I plug the hard drive in windows makes the sound recognizing it and it shows up as a USB...
  8. disk not initialized

disk not initialized: hi my name is Pablo I try to initialized my ssd but everything is gray out the initialized disk is gray out and the new simple volume is gray out to I don't know what to do need help please...
  9. Failed to Initialize OpenCL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to Initialize OpenCL: First error in a program after the Windows 10 Fall Upgrade... I'm using Adobe After Effects CC 2015. [img] Any ideas? 29754
  10. Disk 1 not initialized? (!)

Disk 1 not initialized? (!): I did a clean install of Windows 10 64-bit & now one of my hard drives has an issue. While on the desktop I could access the disk but it was very slow to scan & took several minutes. Once completed it seems to indicate all the folders but I could not access any of them....