Windows 10: Initially installing Windows 10 without activiation key

Discus and support Initially installing Windows 10 without activiation key in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am quite sure this question has been answered on this forum (before). Unfortunately, I don't have time to research before getting ready for work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scott784, Nov 10, 2019.

1. scott784 Win User

Initially installing Windows 10 without activiation key

I am quite sure this question has been answered on this forum (before). Unfortunately, I don't have time to research before getting ready for work.

Here's the situation. I have created a bootable copy of the Windows 10 installer (from the Microsoft site) using one of my thumb drives. After work (tomorrow), I need to take this bootable media to my step-father's house to assist him in crashing windows and reinstalling a fresh/clean install due to a multitude of problems he is experiencing on his PC.

He doesn't have a license key for WIndows 10. And I am perfectly willing to go to the expense of buying one for him. "However", I don't want to buy a Win 10 license key (for something I'd never need myself) if I cannot get his PC working correctly.

Therefore, I want to know (from anyone on here with experience), can I use my USB Win 10 install media and "bypass" the prompt where it will ask me for an activation key? Again, I want to ensure I can get everything runnning from the desktop "first" including all of his programs. If my memory serves me correctly, I am "thinking" Microsoft will allow me to "bypass" the activation key prompt temporarily and then go back in there and active Win 10 within 24 hours or whatever the deadline may be.

Any knowledge (about the current procedures from MS), from one of the knowledgable forum members here would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to spend the money unnecesarily for a new Win10 license until I am sure that his PC will continue to operate correctly.

He is having issues (which I don't need to get into here). And I am hoping a simple crash and a clean install of windows will resolve. Through the years, I've had plenty of experience crashing and doing a clean install. I just don't know the current policies about MS and whether or not the installation media will allow me to do.

Thanks so much for any replies here.

:)

scott784, Nov 10, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 10, 2019
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Initially installing Windows 10 without activiation key

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Initially installing Windows 10 without activiation key

1. Initially installing Windows 10 without activiation key - Similar Threads - Initially installing without

2. Install windows without key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install windows without key: Hello everyone, i was using my PC with a digital license after i upgrade it to windows 11 but it was incompatible, the hard drive don't work and i faced too much problem in the pc, and i used to buy another SSD and i want to install windows 10 ,do i need a key to activate it...
  3. Install windows without key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install windows without key: Hello everyone, i was using my PC with a digital license after i upgrade it to windows 11 but it was incompatible, the hard drive don't work and i faced too much problem in the pc, and i used to buy another SSD and i want to install windows 10 ,do i need a key to activate it...
  4. Installing Windows 10 without key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 without key: Hello,the HDD in my wife's Laptop has died and now we wanted to install a new SSD.Our problem now is, that her laptop came with a preinstalled version of Windows 10.Is it possible to install it without a key? I read, that Windows might recognize the hardware, but we are...
  5. Installing Windows 10 without key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows 10 without key: Hello,the HDD in my wife's Laptop has died and now we wanted to install a new SSD.Our problem now is, that her laptop came with a preinstalled version of Windows 10.Is it possible to install it without a key? I read, that Windows might recognize the hardware, but we are...
  6. Installing Windows 10 without key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. windows Activiation

windows Activiation: i am trying to activate my windows. But when I click the button it says I need to connect to my organizations network. I am just trying to activate my personal home computer so I don't understand why they need me to connect to an organization's server? If someone could help...
  8. Windows 10 activiation issue

Windows 10 activiation issue: Hello, I had opted for an free upgrade from Microsoft windows 7 home basic to windows 10 pro in 2016. In the meantime I never realized that windows was not activated as my laptop was rarely used & I had no issues browsing and using the computer, But now When I try to...
  9. Initially installing Windows 10 without activiation key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Initially installing Windows 10 without activiation key: I am quite sure this question has been answered on this forum (before). Unfortunately, I don't have time to research before getting ready for work. Here's the situation. I have created a bootable copy of the Windows 10 installer (from the Microsoft site) using one of my...
  10. Windows 10 activiation

Windows 10 activiation: Hello. I got an issue. I installed Windows 10 on my friends computer because in the previous version of Windows he had a virus. Im trying to activate windows on this computer with the windows 7 license key but I keep getting an error . It says...