Windows 10: Inject / import drivers into install.ESD ?

Discus and support Inject / import drivers into install.ESD ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello , i just read that i can inject driver to install.wim file, and for install.esd file i need to convert it to install.wim file first. i want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Formerly John Doe, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Inject / import drivers into install.ESD ?

Hello , i just read that i can inject driver to install.wim file, and for install.esd file i need to convert it to install.wim file first.

i want to know if injecting to install.wim file and then convert back to install.esd , will the injected drivers still there ?

also i think it will increase the image size to be larger than fat32 partition can handle, is there any workaround to insert driver in install.esd and keep the size under 4 GB so that it can be installed using USB with fat32 partition, perhaps by removing the unnecessary drivers from the image ?

i read that UEFI must be installed from FAT32 partition, is it true ?

:)

Formerly John Doe, Dec 17, 2020

2. Installing chipset drivers important?

For many years I've only been installing just GPU and sound card drivers but I've been told it's important to install chipset drivers. Are they necessary?

Go To Sleep, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Fox34 Win User
    I cant get drivers to install

Read my guide, goes step buy step for nvidia driver install. Though I use a different driver cause I got 8 series, same method of installation

Fox34, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Inject / import drivers into install.ESD ?

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Inject / import drivers into install.ESD ?

1. Inject / import drivers into install.ESD ? - Similar Threads - Inject import drivers

2. Failed to inject driver package in the new OS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failed to inject driver package in the new OS: Hi,I've been trying to update my XPS 9300 to Windows 11 but every time I download and install it, my computer installs around 2% before it shows a message saying "undoing changes made to your computer" and it restarts back into Windows 10.I've looked at the log files and one...
  3. Failed to inject driver package in the new OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to inject driver package in the new OS: Hi,I've been trying to update my XPS 9300 to Windows 11 but every time I download and install it, my computer installs around 2% before it shows a message saying "undoing changes made to your computer" and it restarts back into Windows 10.I've looked at the log files and one...
  4. Failed to inject driver package in the new OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No ESD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No ESD: Just downloaded Microsoft Windows 11 but their is no ESD with the download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-esd/8c796f84-4c63-464d-9908-406c3b6e554c
  6. No ESD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No ESD: Just downloaded Microsoft Windows 11 but their is no ESD with the download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-esd/8c796f84-4c63-464d-9908-406c3b6e554c
  7. Inject Drivers from Windows Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inject Drivers from Windows Update Catalog: Hi, Firstly wasn't sure if this should go here or in the driver group! I've got a custom 21H1 WIM, done totally manually using DISM. I also store the .exe files on the USB stick for the vendor drivers but want to automate this bit. Using MDT/SCCM etc. no problem, but never...
  8. Installed 21H1 but no ESD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed 21H1 but no ESD: Where does one find ESD when there is no esd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-21h1-but-no-esd/954c42f2-3103-42b7-ab15-82f910264e61
  9. Cart/Horse problem. Injecting drivers as boot critical.

Cart/Horse problem. Injecting drivers as boot critical.: Windows 10 Version 1909. Latest Public ADK a/o this post date. In addition to the standard method of using dism to inject drivers to sysprep'd image, how does one 'promote' that driver to early boot or what MS used to call boot critical? This for an iscsi project where I am...
  10. How to Inject Drivers to Windows 10 Image

How to Inject Drivers to Windows 10 Image: Hi All, I need help to inject multiple drivers model to single windows 10 image i just created an answer file to automate windows 10 without any user interaction and it works like a champ, but now i intend to install this image to multiple workstations and laptops is there a...