Windows 10: ink my microsoft account to my digital license issue

Discus and support ink my microsoft account to my digital license issue in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I can not link my microsoft account to my digital license and it will not allow me to add an window administrator account just a local admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by davf62599, Jul 23, 2019.

1. davf62599 Win User

ink my microsoft account to my digital license issue

I can not link my microsoft account to my digital license and it will not allow me to add an window administrator account just a local admin

:)

davf62599, Jul 23, 2019

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

ink my microsoft account to my digital license issue [​IMG]

MCardona81, Jul 23, 2019
  3. guniu Win User
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Hey, I have a question.
    Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account?

What I mean by that:
    I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and my PC was in device list of my MSA.
    But I don't like the fact that I have to type in password every time I boot up. It's my private PC, I don't need password, I never had. So I switched back to my Local account. But now it's back to "Windows is activated with a digital license" only, and the PC is also gone from the device list on my MSA account.
    Do you think it actually unlinked the license, or maybe because I logged in once, it saved anyway, and I will be good with activating in the future on a changed machine?

guniu, Jul 23, 2019
  4. ink my microsoft account to my digital license issue

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

I'm having the same issue.

But I also have a device named "PC" in the device list now. It's just PC. I guess it appeared after the Anniversary update.

Before the update, I could see my computer on the MSA device list, even though I've been using local account. But now it appears only if I login to W10 using my Microsoft account. If I switch to local account, it disappears. But the "PC" stays there whether I use MSA or local acc.

So what's that "PC"? Any ideas?

It's also not cool that MS forcing people to use MS account to login their PCs. Activated devices were always in the device list even if you use local account before that so called update.

supertramp, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

ink my microsoft account to my digital license issue

1. ink my microsoft account to my digital license issue - Similar Threads - ink microsoft account

2. Windows 10 licenses on my Digital account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 licenses on my Digital account?: How can I find my Windows 10 licenses on my digital account? I would like to know which version (home/pro/OEM/retail) as well. I have multiple computers running different licenses and when something fails or I replace a computer with a new one I need to know what to install....
  3. How Many Digital License in My Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Many Digital License in My Account: I want to check how many digital license is attached to my Microsoft Account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-digital-license-in-my-account/0b99005d-871a-44a5-a808-845ff1357227
  4. Reactivation of a digital license not linked to a Microsoft account

Reactivation of a digital license not linked to a Microsoft account: I've read conflicting information regarding this matter. Basically I'm thinking about taking the HDD of my laptop behind the barn and putting it down, slip an SSD on it's place and make a clean install. Thing is, I never linked a Microsoft Account to the installation, and I...
  5. Digital License issue

Digital License issue: I upgraded my windows 8.1 to win 10 now I reinstall a new version of Windows 10 because changing my HDD to SSD, I lost my Digital License and I don't remember what was the version of my windows (home or pro), and unfortunately, I didn't connect my License with a Microsoft...
  6. Where is my digital license?

Where is my digital license?: Trying to activate another device. Settings on my other device says it's linked to my Microsoft account. But won't tell me which one. When I log into the one I know, it doesn't tell me anything....
  7. where the heck is my digital license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    where the heck is my digital license?: why cant I activate my windows 10 upgrade that I downloaded free from microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-the-heck-is-my-digital-license/44d1ac5a-f8d3-40ea-bb4a-1bf23adc7f79
  8. Windows 10 digital license transfer from my one microsoft account to my other microsoft account

Windows 10 digital license transfer from my one microsoft account to my other microsoft account: Hello, I had windows 7 pre-installed on my laptop and then had free upgrade to windows 10. I had used my old Microsoft account for activation and my windows 10 license is linked to that account. Is it possible to transfer my digital license to my new Microsoft account?...
  9. Windows 10 can not activate using my Microsoft account's digital license.

Windows 10 can not activate using my Microsoft account's digital license.: I have a HP laptop and Windows 10 Pro version 1809 activated with my Microsoft account's digital license. Recently I DIY a new PC and installed Windows 10 Pro in it, knowing that my Microsoft account's digital license will activate my Windows 10. After it finished I find...
  10. I need to state my digital license... am instructed to log into my Microsoft account to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need to state my digital license... am instructed to log into my Microsoft account to...: where do i go to sign into ..or log into...my microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-need-to-state-my-digital-license-am-instructed/605da225-baf0-4647-88c5-35259e094ef6