Windows 10: inkball refuses to open unless i open troubleshoot compatability

Discus and support inkball refuses to open unless i open troubleshoot compatability in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i have got the windows XP version of ink ball and i want to use it on 1903 windows 10 home but it refuses to open. it pops up with a blank white window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by amdcrash, Oct 2, 2019.

1. amdcrash Win User

inkball refuses to open unless i open troubleshoot compatability

i have got the windows XP version of ink ball and i want to use it on 1903 windows 10 home but it refuses to open. it pops up with a blank white window for a few seconds and then closes, i have tried both vista comparability and XP service pack 2 and 3 compatibility to no avail, the thing is, it works fine if i open it with the recommended settings in windows comparability troubleshooter but the settings seem to not save, dispute the fact i have the settings the exact same, it still has the same problem, i think it might be the fact it did not change the window from windows 10's standard style to aero basic's design.

i am wondering if my computer is at fault or if it is windows being windows again.

edit:
    now it refuses to open at all.

:)

amdcrash, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Frick Win User

Hearthstone open beta

... is now open!

No wait, that's not the word.

The word is ASS.

Step 1. Download the client installer.

Step 2. The installer connects to the server, or at least tries to, overnight during which it just stops several times.

Step 3. Realize the installer is for the Battle.net unified launcher, and not Hearthstone as such.

Step 4. Install the Battle.net unified launcher. This may take a few hours, even after it's been downloaded as such, it's still just slow.

Step 4. Install Hearthstone. Wait for the app to crash a couple of times, wait for it to verify various stuff, then wait for the download to start.

Step 5. Wait for the download to finish. It is pretty quick actually, unless it just crashes.

Step 6. ASS

And no, I still have no compassion for the people bitching about EA servers.

Frick, Oct 2, 2019
  3. "open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. inkball refuses to open unless i open troubleshoot compatability :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. inkball refuses to open unless i open troubleshoot compatability - Similar Threads - inkball refuses open

2. When I open Windows Security/Microsoft Defender, it refuses to open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I open Windows Security/Microsoft Defender, it refuses to open.: Windows security & Microsoft Defender not openning.avidefender.log https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-windows-securitymicrosoft-defender-it/33a432ee-35dd-42f7-8974-da71c7f53b94
  3. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs refuse to open: Ok so, I've been having this issue for a while now and I have no idea what is happening. So far. for a couple of my programs refuse to open. Whether I double click on them, run as administrator, make shortcuts. etc. I've tried everything but they refuse to open. They do not...
  4. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs refuse to open: Ok so, I've been having this issue for a while now and I have no idea what is happening. So far. for a couple of my programs refuse to open. Whether I double click on them, run as administrator, make shortcuts. etc. I've tried everything but they refuse to open. They do not...
  5. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Malwarebytyes refuses to open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytyes refuses to open: Hello I wonder if anyone can shed any light on why I see the following message in Windows Event Viewer: [img] At the same time, Malwarebytes will not open when launched so I cannot check its settings for scans or anything else. Yet its icon appears in the System Tray...
  7. InkBall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    InkBall: HI, Maybe not what you'd call a game here but I've played inkball. I used to play it every day. But I'm having difficulty with it in W 10. I've spent hours with compatibility modes. Once in a while it will play, so I know that it can work in W10. Any ideas on how I could get...
  8. MP4 refuses to open with WMP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MP4 refuses to open with WMP: Just one annoying problem I can't fix. Ever since update 1607. Whenever I try & open a mp4 video, it opens with another app I have installed that came with codecs to play flv files in windows media player. It refuses to open with WMP on double click. I have checked default &...
  9. This PC refuses to open

in Windows 10 Support
    This PC refuses to open: Hi all, first post here for me, I've been using this forum to help me along with my new laptop for learning the basics (my last computer was windows XP!). I've come across an issue I can't find an answer for though. For some reason I can't access the file "this PC". Every...
  10. Start Menu Refusing To Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Refusing To Open: This issue has happened twice already and required a full restart to fix. I'll attempt to open the Start Menu, by clicking it or pressing the Windows key, and it will refuse to open. In restarting Windows Explorer, the issue still persists. Considering I'm heavily reliant on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. inkball keeps crashing