Windows 10: Inkscape is saving to OneDrive folder and not Documents

Discus and support Inkscape is saving to OneDrive folder and not Documents in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I go to export a PNG to This PC -> Documents Inkscape is saving to OneDrive/Documents instead. I don't have OneDrive installed. I don't want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CrimsonSeer, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Inkscape is saving to OneDrive folder and not Documents

When I go to export a PNG to This PC -> Documents Inkscape is saving to OneDrive/Documents instead. I don't have OneDrive installed. I don't want to have anything to do with OneDrive.

:)

CrimsonSeer, Feb 24, 2021

2. Why I have TWO Documents folders?

ok so lemme start off my saying i recently wiped my system and installed windows 10
    and i noticed even more recently that i seem to have TWO documents folders...
    i have one that has nothing that it should in it and the other somehow is linked to Onedrive...
    the onedrive linked one has everything that the non onedrive should. (game saves, etc)
    my question is...why? is this normal cause i can't imagine it is...
    i don't think steam game save cloud will work with onedrive so i need to know, is this fixable WITHOUT another wipe? i have no idea how my onedrive got synced with my documents folder. i didn't set it up that way. any help is appreciated!
    thanks!

TheMatt1984, Feb 24, 2021
  3. OneDrive app opening Documents folder

I had checked a restore point, but unfortunately being a new laptop, there wasn't any (I'll be sure to make one before faffing around in future..!).

Solution: Once I'd used the .bat file, the Location Property option had returned. I used the Location Property settings to relocate the Documents folder into OneDrive (the first step I had done) and this reset the issues I has having, allowing me the option to move the Documents folder back to being separate (I chose not to do this in the end as having it in OneDrive meant it automatically saved via OneDrive and to the 'This PC' Documents folder.

LAndersonBurton, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Micah Bat Win User

Inkscape is saving to OneDrive folder and not Documents

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Hi,

Since changing the settings of OneDrive didn't set the auto save to "This PC" folder, we would suggest you to change the file path of your
    Documents on your Libraries folder. Changing the file path to "C:\Users\YourPCName\Documents" will use your local storage as your default folder when saving files. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click View
    • Click Navigation pane
    • Click Show libraries
    • On the Navigation pane, click Libraries folder.
    • Right-click Documents (Under the Libraries) folder.
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location tab
    • Then choose "C:\Users\YourPCName\Documents"
    • Click Set save location and then, click
      Apply
    • Click OK

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Inkscape is saving to OneDrive folder and not Documents

1. Inkscape is saving to OneDrive folder and not Documents - Similar Threads - Inkscape saving OneDrive

2. Documents folder turned into OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder turned into OneDrive: I used to have a yellow manila folder under the blue cloud in File Explorer that was called Documents and was part of my OneDrive, and a text file symbol folder under the My PC in File Explorer that was called Documents and saved to my hard drive. I switched to a new...
  3. Documents folder turned into OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder turned into OneDrive: I used to have a yellow manila folder under the blue cloud in File Explorer that was called Documents and was part of my OneDrive, and a text file symbol folder under the My PC in File Explorer that was called Documents and saved to my hard drive. I switched to a new...
  4. Onedrive Documents folder moved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Documents folder moved: Good afternoonHaving purchased a laptop in addition to my desktop setup, I have set it up with access to my onedrive files. During the process the 'Documents' folder moved to become a subfolder of e-mail attachments. Step 1 - panic everything is gone. Step 2 - oh it's still...
  5. New Documents still saving to a OneDrive folder even after uninstalling OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Documents still saving to a OneDrive folder even after uninstalling OneDrive: I have kind of an odd problem. The newest update 20H2 reinstalled OneDrive to my computer, and I then proceeded to uninstall it, then realized that my documents still saved under the folder C:\Users\camer\OneDrive. I did a registry fix, and successfully changed the location...
  6. Document Folder Not Saving

in Windows 10 Customization
    Document Folder Not Saving: Hey everyone. If you got problem like your game can't make new folder in document's i find a quick fix. Right click documents destination and just destination of the folder Fixed :...
  7. Saving email to document folder

in Browsers and Email
    Saving email to document folder: Is there a way to do this in Windows 10 mail like in Windows Essentials 2012? i.e. right click and save to documents or desktop etc.. 25601
  8. OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.: I didn't find an answer to this exact question. Windows 10 Home 1511 x64 clean install. In the left pane of File Explorer there is a Documents folder which points to my OneDrive folder and contains almost nothing (just a few folders that programs created). Under my username...
  9. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: Hi everybody, Hopefully someone can help with this annoying issue. At some point shortly after installation I changed the Location of my Documents folder, so it may reside within the OneDrive user folder. Shortly thereafter I released this was not what I wanted, given...
  10. No authority to save files to Documents, OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    No authority to save files to Documents, OneDrive: I initially posted about this problem a few days ago to a thread that seemed to be addressing a similar problem, but the OP decided to stop pursuing active solutions so the advice dried up. I am running Win10 build 10240 and ever since build 10166 I have lost authority to...