Windows 10: Innexplicable Xbox controller among my "other devices"

Discus and support Innexplicable Xbox controller among my "other devices" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For a very long time I've had the issue of a xbox 360 controller for windows being added to my list of "other devices" on my pc. The problem with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FridaBergman, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Innexplicable Xbox controller among my "other devices"

For a very long time I've had the issue of a xbox 360 controller for windows being added to my list of "other devices" on my pc. The problem with this is that I don't own any kind of controller, and the weird addition of it simlpy messes with certain other games I enjoy playing since it thinks I'm using this non-existant xbox controller instead of my keyboard and mouse.Despite me going into my settings to try and remove it multiple times it always comes back after the computer has been re-started. I have tried for a rather long time to find a solution to the problem or at the very least some s

:)

FridaBergman, Sep 9, 2021
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Sep 9, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 9, 2021
  4. Innexplicable Xbox controller among my "other devices"

Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

Innexplicable Xbox controller among my "other devices"

1. Innexplicable Xbox controller among my "other devices" - Similar Threads - Innexplicable Xbox controller

2. Deleted XBOX Wireless Controller Stuck in Bluetooth & other devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted XBOX Wireless Controller Stuck in Bluetooth & other devices: Bluetooth & other devices is a section of the Windows 10 settings. It will contain your XBOX Wireless Controller if you have one. The pairing of this controller was very simple and it has worked well for three years. It has now stopped working. Here is what I see:As you can...
  3. Network issues among other things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network issues among other things: I am running Windows 10, 21H2. For starters, I am missing a lot of app icons in the Start Menu. Network and Internet settings crash the moment I try to open them while connected to a network. Speaking of networks, the icon on the bottom right used to show Identifying...,...
  4. Network issues among other things

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issues among other things: I am running Windows 10, 21H2. For starters, I am missing a lot of app icons in the Start Menu. Network and Internet settings crash the moment I try to open them while connected to a network. Speaking of networks, the icon on the bottom right used to show Identifying...,...
  5. Network issues among other things

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Xbox Controller showing up in "Other devices" in Windows 10 bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Controller showing up in "Other devices" in Windows 10 bluetooth: I use a Xbox Elite Series 2 controller for Xbox and pc gaming via bluetooth. Syncing back to xbox is quick and easy, but syncing back to pc was always a pain since it required you to click on the already "connected" controller tab, click "remove device", then search for it...
  7. WHEA Uncorrectable Error among others

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA Uncorrectable Error among others: Hello. My pc has been ramping up the BSODs lately, it started from maybe once a month to several times a day, especially when actively gaming, although they do happen even when I'm just on Facebook. The most frequent ones are WHEA Uncorrectable Error and DPC Watchdog...
  8. Not able to change my timezone (among other things)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not able to change my timezone (among other things): For the longest time now, every time I try to change my timezone windows informs me that it is "Unable to continue. do not have permission to perform this task. Please contact [my] computer administrator for help." This is a bit problematic consider that [I]I am the system...
  9. Windows dll errors, among others.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows dll errors, among others.: Ive had nothong but problems since upgrading to Windows 10. Currently im getting the error "c:\Windows\System32\version.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact...
  10. scrolling issues among others

in Windows 10 Support
    scrolling issues among others: I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. When I bought it, it performed flawlessly. Now, after who knows how many updates, not so well. Frequently, scrolling rushes away from me as though I gave the touch screen the sharpest “flick” imaginable. This happens at least once...