Windows 10: Inplace Upgrade / reinstalling system and keep my apps, personal data etc

Discus and support Inplace Upgrade / reinstalling system and keep my apps, personal data etc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, my dad crashed his windows pro 10 and I tried to help him. His machine starts directly into repair mode, but cannot repair. It´s not possible to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Elec Brane, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Inplace Upgrade / reinstalling system and keep my apps, personal data etc

Hi,

my dad crashed his windows pro 10 and I tried to help him.

His machine starts directly into repair mode, but cannot repair. It´s not possible to use safe mode GUI, so I cannot start inplace upgrade ;(

I tried bootrec, every possibility windows safe mode offered and also created a boot drive, but nothing could repair it.

The machine still cannot boot into normal windows or safe mode.

Is there any way to install or reinstall the system and keep all apps, personal data, so just the system will be reinstalled?

thanks

:)

Elec Brane, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

can't perform inplace upgrade

Hi,

It is possible that you're unable to perform an in-place upgrade due to having not enough space for your partition. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot your system reserved partition. It will provide you instructions to increase the available space of your System Reserved Partition.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 27, 2018
  3. R-T-B Win User
    Has everyone read: Reasons We Share Personal Data section in Windows 10 Microsoft Privacy Statement

Bullshit. 2 step verification and purchase orders requires an account of course, but virtually everything else can be performed with local data storage in the browser. Companies don't want to do this of course, but it is possible.

R-T-B, Dec 27, 2018
  4. djf2001 Win User

Inplace Upgrade / reinstalling system and keep my apps, personal data etc

Inplace reinstallation of Windows 10 Workstation

I am having a problem installing Windows Update Kb 0x80073701. I have run sfc and dcim without errors. I was going to do an inplace reinstall to see if that helped but found that there is no OS image for this version of Windows. I do not want to end up
    with a hybrid system. Any help with this update would be appreciated. Is it even needed in my version of Windows?

djf2001, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Inplace Upgrade / reinstalling system and keep my apps, personal data etc

1. Inplace Upgrade / reinstalling system and keep my apps, personal data etc - Similar Threads - Inplace Upgrade reinstalling

2. how to perform inplace upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to perform inplace upgrade: steps to perform inplace upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-perform-inplace-upgrade/f471becf-0e2b-45f3-b8eb-dc7b7deda5ed
  3. how to perform inplace upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to perform inplace upgrade: steps to perform inplace upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-perform-inplace-upgrade/f471becf-0e2b-45f3-b8eb-dc7b7deda5ed
  4. Problem with the repair inplace upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with the repair inplace upgrade: Hi there , one hour ago , i decided to do a inplace repair upgrade because i had so many problems with my OS. So now i am in the win 10 installation but its been an 1hour and half that my win 10 installation is stuck at 0% and i literally found out that i didnt lose space at...
  5. Problem with the repair inplace upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with the repair inplace upgrade: Hi there , one hour ago , i decided to do a inplace repair upgrade because i had so many problems with my OS. So now i am in the win 10 installation but its been an 1hour and half that my win 10 installation is stuck at 0% and i literally found out that i didnt lose space at...
  6. system inplace

in Windows 10 Customization
    system inplace: In place upgrade steps * Please click on the link to start download * https://download.microsoft.com/download/4/c/c/4cc6c15c-75a5-4d1b-a3fe-140a5e09c9ff/MediaCreationTool20H2.exe * Open the file after it downloaded. * You need to be an administrator to run this tool. * On the...
  7. Upgrade 21H1: no option to keep personal files and data

Upgrade 21H1: no option to keep personal files and data: I have donwloaded the 21H1 ISO 64 bits. Tried to upgrade from 20H2. The procedure only offers the option "keep nothing" for a clean install. The other two options (to keep personal files data and programs) are not available. What could be the reason for that? 181640
  8. Inplace Upgrade Needed

Inplace Upgrade Needed: I was online with Office Technical Assist this afternoon. The technician told me that I need to contact the Windows Team to have Inplace Upgrade. I cannot do this myself. Please call me at 414-351-3059...
  9. Windows inplace upgrade

Windows inplace upgrade: when doing an inplace upgrade ,will it move all my apps into one file or does my desktop and start menu stay the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-inplace-upgrade/0d185d82-6989-43e2-b128-0a923556d10e
  10. Inplace reinstallation of Windows 10 Workstation

Inplace reinstallation of Windows 10 Workstation: I am having a problem installing Windows Update Kb 0x80073701. I have run sfc and dcim without errors. I was going to do an inplace reinstall to see if that helped but found that there is no OS image for this version of Windows. I do not want to end up with a hybrid system....