Windows 10: Inplace Upgrade Windows7 to Windows 10

Discus and support Inplace Upgrade Windows7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HI All, I am facing an issue while using inplace upgrade Windows 7 to Windows10. Below is the Scenario After building the WDS server with the iso... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nicolas-avatar, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Inplace Upgrade Windows7 to Windows 10

HI All,

I am facing an issue while using inplace upgrade Windows 7 to Windows10.

Below is the Scenario

After building the WDS server with the iso October 2019 Windows 10 we have launched a test on two PC

PC1 --> 64 bit (domain-joined)
    - Upgraded to Win10 64-bit
    - During the upgrade process the PC was freeze, on the WDS console, it stuck at step 8/23, which is 30% and shown as unresponsive
    - The PC was forced reset and the Windows 10 welcome screen appear, but on the console, it continued to be stucked at 30%

PC2 --> 32 bit(domain-joined)
    - Upgraded to Win10 32-bit
    - During the upgrade process the PC was freeze, on the WDS console, it stuck at step 16/23, which is 65% and shown as unresponsive
    - The PC was forced reset and the Windows 10 welcome screen appear, but on the console, it continued to be stucked at 65%

Before the upgrade, User1 was using PC1, and User2 was using PC2.
    both users are non domain admin users.

After the upgrade, the users(1 and 2) was able to login but could not launch any application. When clicking on an app, nothing happens.

It was just like they were missing some rights.

A trial has been done using a domain Administrator account to login on both PC after the upgrade, and here a normal behaviour has been noted. All applications could be opened.

Has you ever came accross such behaviour?

Could you please help me?

Thank you.
    Nicolas

:)

nicolas-avatar, Nov 11, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    windows 10

Windows 10 isnt realeased yet.

The beta lets you inplace upgrade or you can clean install from disk but its BETA any of it can change.

Solaris17, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Inplace Upgrade Windows7 to Windows 10

Windows 7 vs Windows 10 gaming

must be doing it wrong I literally did an inplace upgrade.

Solaris17, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Inplace Upgrade Windows7 to Windows 10

1. Inplace Upgrade Windows7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Inplace Upgrade Windows7

2. how to perform inplace upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to perform inplace upgrade: steps to perform inplace upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-perform-inplace-upgrade/f471becf-0e2b-45f3-b8eb-dc7b7deda5ed
  3. how to perform inplace upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to perform inplace upgrade: steps to perform inplace upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-perform-inplace-upgrade/f471becf-0e2b-45f3-b8eb-dc7b7deda5ed
  4. Windows7 upgrade Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows7 upgrade Windows10: विंडो 7 को विंडो 10 में अपग्रेड कैसे करें https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows7-upgrade-windows10/f4718809-5ea1-4edb-be7e-19d2b2c98098
  5. Windows7 upgrade Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows7 upgrade Windows10: विंडो 7 को विंडो 10 में अपग्रेड कैसे करें https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows7-upgrade-windows10/f4718809-5ea1-4edb-be7e-19d2b2c98098
  6. Windows7 upgrade Windows10

7. Problem with the repair inplace upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with the repair inplace upgrade: Hi there , one hour ago , i decided to do a inplace repair upgrade because i had so many problems with my OS. So now i am in the win 10 installation but its been an 1hour and half that my win 10 installation is stuck at 0% and i literally found out that i didnt lose space at...
  8. Inplace Upgrade Needed

Inplace Upgrade Needed: I was online with Office Technical Assist this afternoon. The technician told me that I need to contact the Windows Team to have Inplace Upgrade. I cannot do this myself. Please call me at 414-351-3059...
  9. Windows inplace upgrade

Windows inplace upgrade: when doing an inplace upgrade ,will it move all my apps into one file or does my desktop and start menu stay the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-inplace-upgrade/0d185d82-6989-43e2-b128-0a923556d10e
  10. Windows 10 inplace upgrade failing

Windows 10 inplace upgrade failing: Hello All, Im in the process of updating our win 7 machines to Win 10 using the media creation tool. For the most part im being successful. However, every now and then Im getting an error saying "This PC cant be upgraded to Windows 10". [ATTACH] Now I've had this on a...