Windows 10: Input box on lower left of the screen gone

Discus and support Input box on lower left of the screen gone in Cortana to solve the problem; accidently deleted my input box on lower left of screen... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by CharlesStein1, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Input box on lower left of the screen gone

accidently deleted my input box on lower left of screen

:)

CharlesStein1, Dec 3, 2018
  2. LisaFloe Win User

My start button is missing from the lower left corner of my desktop screen

I used to have the start button on the lower left of the desktop screen. I would hit that button and all the programs would be listed on the left side of the desktop screen. A friend used my computer and now it's gone. Now there are boxes on the screen
    with limited choices. Help!!

LisaFloe, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Ender Win User

Input box on lower left of the screen gone

Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Input box on lower left of the screen gone

1. Input box on lower left of the screen gone - Similar Threads - Input box lower

2. left side of screen is gone, want it restored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left side of screen is gone, want it restored: I cannot recover the left side of my screen on windows 11. Back and forward are not visible. I'm not real smart about computers. My computer is an ASUS laptop. I need this working, I'm dealing with very important paper work and need everything working correctly. I try to keep...
  3. left side of screen is gone, want it restored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    left side of screen is gone, want it restored: I cannot recover the left side of my screen on windows 11. Back and forward are not visible. I'm not real smart about computers. My computer is an ASUS laptop. I need this working, I'm dealing with very important paper work and need everything working correctly. I try to keep...
  4. Small white box in lower right of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Small white box in lower right of screen: This box just started appearing today. I have not installed anything new, nor run any virus scans until after the box appeared nothing found. I also have not changed the background or made any other display changes. There are no action items pending either. I rebooted but the...
  5. Small white box in lower right of screen

Small white box in lower right of screen: This box just started appearing today. I have not installed anything new, nor run any virus scans until after the box appeared nothing found. I also have not changed the background or made any other display changes. There are no action items pending either. I rebooted but the...
  6. Transluscent box at top left of screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transluscent box at top left of screen.: Hello everyone, long-time follower, first-time "contributor" here in the community. I have a transluscent box at the top left of my display. It is there, no matter what application I have open or not. This box does not appear, however, when I take a screen shot, so I've...
  7. Transluscent box at top left of screen.

Transluscent box at top left of screen.: Hello everyone, long-time follower, first-time "contributor" here in the community. I have a transluscent box at the top left of my display. It is there, no matter what application I have open or not. This box does not appear, however, when I take a screen shot, so I've...
  8. Transluscent box at top left of screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. icons have 2people in lower left corner in white box

in Windows 10 Customization
    icons have 2people in lower left corner in white box: Help....where did these white sharing squares on my icon come from and how do I get them off my icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-have-2people-in-lower-left-corner-in-white/bd389cab-c443-4dc8-a15d-7e59ef637a21
  10. Start button lower left corner of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button lower left corner of screen: The Start button in lower-left corner of screen/desktop is not responding to left click. Is there something an amateur can do? . 41609