Windows 10: Input delay

Discus and support Input delay in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm told this is quite normal when contacting Windows but just want to be sure. When I start or restart windows 11, I get a 1-2 second delay till I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Raymondoooo, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Input delay

Hi, I'm told this is quite normal when contacting Windows but just want to be sure. When I start or restart windows 11, I get a 1-2 second delay till I can use my keyboard on the lock screen, this is because its still reconising all my drivers. If I enable fast start the delay is gone.no problem but Just want to check this is normal : New to windows 11, fresh install and all drivers and software up to date.

:)

Raymondoooo, Jan 8, 2023

2. Microphone Causing Input Delay

Thanks a lot for your reply the issue seems to be fixed.

These are the steps I took that helped me:

1. Locate again the said driver
    2. Right click on it and select "Update Driver".
    3. Next select "Search Automatically..."
    4. Restart your computer.
    5. If the issue persists, repeat step 1 to 2, and now select "Browse my computer for drivers"
    6. Click on "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer".
    7. Make sure the option "Show compatible hardware" is checked.
    8. Select Generic device first and click Next. Check your audio input and if the issue is still there, try other device on the list.

GalaxyStar2020, Jan 8, 2023
  3. Ender Win User
    Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Jan 8, 2023
  4. Input delay

Help me choose an mATX AM2 board

I wasn't really asking for new suggestions. Would like input on the boards I listed.

GJSNeptune, Jan 8, 2023
Thema:

Input delay

1. Input delay - Similar Threads - Input delay

2. Power Plan for Low input delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Plan for Low input delay: Can anyone help me with Power Plan been tryna make my own custom power plan For Low input delay but just can’t really find the best settings for it Any Ideas or TIPS if you have any good powers plans I can try out leave a download below :...
  3. Power Plan for Low input delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Plan for Low input delay: Can anyone help me with Power Plan been tryna make my own custom power plan For Low input delay but just can’t really find the best settings for it Any Ideas or TIPS if you have any good powers plans I can try out leave a download below :...
  4. Input delay problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input delay problem: My computer that I recently bought has a problem with the keys having a huge input delay sometimes. My keyboard works just fine whenever I'm on a browser but sometimes the input lag is major whenever I'm playing games. This also happens with external keyboards. My computer...
  5. Input delay problem

Input delay problem: My computer that I recently bought has a problem with the keys having a huge input delay sometimes. My keyboard works just fine whenever I'm on a browser but sometimes the input lag is major whenever I'm playing games. This also happens with external keyboards. My computer...
  6. new upgraded parts, CPU cores doing strange things that lead to lag and input delays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new upgraded parts, CPU cores doing strange things that lead to lag and input delays: So i recently upgraded from i7-9700k, asus prime z390a and 32gb of ddr 4 3200 ram to a i7-13700k, msi z790s wifi, and 32 gbb of 5200 ddr5 ram. never had these issues on my old build.i mainly use it for gaming, playing tarkov on my main monitor while using my second monitor...
  7. new upgraded parts, CPU cores doing strange things that lead to lag and input delays

new upgraded parts, CPU cores doing strange things that lead to lag and input delays: So i recently upgraded from i7-9700k, asus prime z390a and 32gb of ddr 4 3200 ram to a i7-13700k, msi z790s wifi, and 32 gbb of 5200 ddr5 ram. never had these issues on my old build.i mainly use it for gaming, playing tarkov on my main monitor while using my second monitor...
  8. Huge input delay on keyboard

Huge input delay on keyboard: This happens mostly when I'm playing games, but sometimes when I press the keys it would take a few seconds to actually respond and whenever I let go of them, them still continue the action after a couple seconds. I've tried reinstalling the keyboard, which worked once but...
  9. Huge input delay on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge input delay on keyboard: This happens mostly when I'm playing games, but sometimes when I press the keys it would take a few seconds to actually respond and whenever I let go of them, them still continue the action after a couple seconds. I've tried reinstalling the keyboard, which worked once but...
  10. Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay

Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay: I am on Windows 11 using a wireless USB mouse and keyboard. Every once in a while the keyboard/mouse will have severe input delay/lag. As in, while I'm typing at a normal speed, letters will be missed. And, even worse, the mouse lags, skips, and jumps around the screen,...